+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

EA giving away Sims 2 Ultimate for free! Ends July 31st, 2014

EA trying to not be a shitstick for once. You get all the expansion packs for free, you just need to get (if you don't have) an origin account.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to...te-collection/

Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library. To add the game, just follow these steps:

Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
    Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
    Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
    From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code
    I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.

Thanks for being a passionate The Sims fan, and enjoy your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This code will available for redemption until July 31st, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

Still not gonna get me to buy sims4 EA!

[edit] removed shitspot link because I had a memory lapse and forgot they are shit.

so here's a link to pcgamer!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/23/th...all-on-origin/

blax n gunz
    BG Level

12.57 GB download

For those who want to know.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    12.57 GB download

12.57gb of the best Sims game there ever was.
    Spoiler: show
    To think the core game was around 3gb

Never had more than the first two expansions for it, so nabbing to dick about with later.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I think I only ever played the first game. It was fun to drown people in the swimming pool during a party. I remember murdering a roommate who left six puddles of water in the bathroom after a shower.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

At first glance it doesn't look like you need Origin running to play this. I strongly suspect you can sign up for origin, redeem the code, download it, then just uninstall Origin (keeping your game where it was installed to) and just get Sims 2 for free. Haven't tried uninstalling Origin yet, but not needing it running is a good sign.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

12.57 GB download

Ya good to point out. But it should be noted that Origin is just like Steam. You can redeem the code, but that does not mean you need to d/l the game right away. It'll be on your account as long as EA exists.

At first glance it doesn't look like you need Origin running to play this. I strongly suspect you can sign up for origin, redeem the code, download it, then just uninstall Origin (keeping your game where it was installed to) and just get Sims 2 for free. Haven't tried uninstalling Origin yet, but not needing it running is a good sign.
    Yes, this should work. And you should be able to reinstall origin if you ever need to redownload it without issue.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Not buying the sims 4, but I will take the hell out of this. The Sims 2 was very, VERY good; I still remember making copious amounts of loot through running a shop and hiring workers. That's pretty badass.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Sims 2 was my favorite one. Loved the building in that game, and dat background music while you do it.

To this day my computer is still too shitty to run the Sims 2 at a playable degree (I'm poor)

Got, and uninstalled Origin.

I've installed it and everything, but the game won't run for me. when i try and load it, it gives an error about The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden stuff, saying:

You are running low on disk space and may encounter problems with your game under these conditions. Are you sure you want to launch the game?

If i do so, there are no neighborhoods, and trying to create a custom neighborhood just results in no options whatsoever. This is despite me having close to 400 gigs left in hard drive space, so it's clearly not an issue. Tried to force update the sims via origin and nothing happened, and verifying game files resulted in the same thing. Any clues on how to fix this?

Running Windows 7 64 bit home edition

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Reinstall?

Same issue after reinstalling. tried running in windows xp 3 compatability, no difference.

Ok, found the issue. apparantly, my computer despises the TM symbol with a passion, and freaked out over it. helpful person named Ruines Corvus on sargatanas helped me out by finding this thread on taking care of the issue:

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

I used the regedit advice near the bottom of the post to remove the tm symbol, and that fixed my issue. just in case anyone else comes across it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Its a must download for people learning a foreign language. You'll cover the basic stuff in no time provided that you are learning a supported language.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Got, and uninstalled Origin.
    Stupid question, but can I play it w/o having Origin installed?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Stupid question, but can I play it w/o having Origin installed?
    Nope

lol I don't want to play it Right Now, but not saying I won't tomorrow. I'll hunt down a way around Origin... There must be a way.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just giving this a bump to say this is the last day to get in on this.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just a question on this. Anyone see any sites that are doing minor bug fixes at all?

Game is glitchy as shit (no surprise). So figured maybe the mod community is helping out a bit or something.