+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: House votes to sue obama     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

House votes to sue obama

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...730-story.html

Clip:

The House approved the resolution in a near party-line vote, 225 to 201. It authorizes House Speaker John A. Boehner to file suit in federal court on behalf of the full body “to seek appropriate relief” for Obama’s failure to enforce a provision of the Affordable Care Act that would penalize businesses that do not offer basic health insurance to their employees.
    So basically, repubs fought to get the mandate delayed, and are now trying to sue obama for delaying the mandate.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

i'm not following politics but Is obama really that bad?

Or is it just republican trying to ruin his reputation because he is not republican?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Not only that, but this is pretty much at the discretion of the executive to implement the punishments assigned from the legislature. Even if they do win the suit, it will just be to find that they penalties should be applied and that then the executive will need to implement them.

This isn't about anything that the Repubs are claiming to do, they just wanted the headline with the words "law suit" and "Obama" to run before they went on break to run for office.

It truly defines our current Congress and the voting public. Substance is completely irrelevant, headline words are all that matter.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    i'm not following politics but Is obama really that bad?

Or is it just republican trying to ruin his reputation because he is not republican?
    The latter. They don't even have a leg to stand on with the lawsuit. They just want to ruin his name. It's the same tactic they used for Clinton with his impeachment.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    The latter. They don't even have a leg to stand on with the lawsuit. They just want to ruin his name. It's the same tactic they used for Clinton with his impeachment.
    I mean all i hear in the news here is

Obama popularity is going down.

Obama might be the worse president that the stats have since the 90's

Obama is weak he can't stop war in Ukraine or Israel

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is fucking retarded. Seriously, one of the worst things I've read all week from the GOP.

Is Canada any better of a place to live?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You hear the retarded but loud minority.

....huh?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    ....huh?
    I dunno thats what the media says here (aka they say that Fox and CNN reports that)

Tbh I don't give much crap but I though he was a good pres

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

there has only been one other president "since" the 90s

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Well Technically Regan retired in 89, so you had Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama since then. And republicans are still giving the corpse of Regan daily fellatio as it is, so the media is correct on that.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Meanwhile on planet clownshoes...

Blow to House G.O.P. Leadership as Border Bill Falters

Facing a rebellion among their most conservative ranks, House Republicans were forced on Thursday to scuttle an emergency spending measure to address the surge of young Central American migrants at the southern border, in a major embarrassment to the new leadership team.

House Republicans, who have long called for strengthening security at the nation’s southern border, are now forced to head home for the five-week August recess with nothing to show for their efforts — something many Republicans fear will be an enormous political liability.

The blow to Speaker John A. Boehner and his new team — including Representatives Kevin McCarthy of California, the new majority leader, and Steve Scalise of Louisiana, the whip — ensures that no legislation to address what both Democrats and Republicans call an urgent humanitarian crisis will reach President Obama’s desk before the August break.

“This situation shows the intense concern within our conference — and among the American people — about the need to ensure the security of our borders and the president’s refusal to faithfully execute our laws,” House Republican leaders said in a statement. “There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries.”
    “This situation shows the intense concern within our conference — and among the American people — about the need to ensure the security of our borders and the president’s refusal to faithfully execute our laws,” House Republican leaders said in a statement. “There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action, to secure our borders and ensure these children are returned swiftly and safely to their countries.”
    "There are numerous steps the president can and should be taking right now, without the need for congressional action"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Out of 6 two term presidents since WWII, only Nixon and GW Bush had lower approval ratings at this point in their presidency's. Obama came into office around 63%, now down in the low 40s. This is despite the fact that the Dow & S&P are near all time highs (recently set), thanks to the Fed's QE program.

President Obama Job Approval http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-1044.html
    Job Approval on Economy | Job Approval on Foreign Policy
    Polling Data
    Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
    RCP Average 7/18 - 7/30 -- 41.7 54.7 -13.0
    Gallup 7/28 - 7/30 1500 A 41 54 -13
    Rasmussen Reports 7/28 - 7/30 1500 LV 45 53 -8
    The Economist/YouGov 7/26 - 7/28 699 RV 42 56 -14
    Reuters/Ipsos 7/20 - 7/24 1640 A 38 58 -20
    FOX News 7/20 - 7/22 1057 RV 42 52 -10
    CNN/Opinion Research 7/18 - 7/20 1012 A 42 55 -13

BG posters tend to be very liberal in general, but it is far from a "loud minority" that disapproves of his performance.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar View Post
    BG posters tend to be very liberal in general, but it is far from a "loud minority" that disapproves of his performance.
    You underestimate the power of a loud minority to affect public approval polls. A lot of people will say stuff based on what bullshit they heard their fox news channel spouting.

The Obama era economy is built on a house of cards. When the fed QE ends and there isn't artificial money being pumped into the markets and we can't borrow from China anymore people will realize just how bad he has been for our country. He creates a system where people experience loss and builds a government to help those people so they realize him without realizing it's his policy that is the reason they are worse off in the first place.

Obamacare is a prime example. People are happy that obamacare exists now because they maybe lost it from their job or it's too expensive to get privately without acknowledging the fact that it's Obama care that made it unaffordable in the first place for most companies and individuals. It's ridiculous how many people have their blinders on to how awful he has been.

I don't watch Fox news, I don't have a party alignment. I just can't stand him as president. He's a great manipulator and he's created a system where he screws people and they thank him for it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya View Post
    Obamacare is a prime example. People are happy that obamacare exists now because they maybe lost it from their job or it's too expensive to get privately without acknowledging the fact that it's Obama care that made it unaffordable in the first place for most companies and individuals. It's ridiculous how many people have their blinders on to how awful he has been.
    I can't stare at this hard enough.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya View Post
    The Obama era economy is built on a house of cards. When the fed QE ends and there isn't artificial money being pumped into the markets and we can't borrow from China anymore people will realize just how bad he has been for our country. He creates a system where people experience loss and builds a government to help those people so they realize him without realizing it's his policy that is the reason they are worse off in the first place.

I don't watch Fox news, I don't have a party alignment. I just can't stand him as president. He's a great manipulator and he's created a system where he screws people and they thank him for it.
    Its always the conservatives that are the first to pretend like they understand economics better than everyone else, and that they don't have party alignment. Just because you don't call yourself a Republican doesn't mean you don't hold Republican values. Honestly, its the biggest fucking cop-out I have ever heard.

You actually said nothing to prove your point about the economy being "built on a house of cards". You assert fed intervention and international borrowing as if they are bad things prima facie. You then go on some kind of rant about Obamacare.

"Take off yer blinders! Yer bein' duped!"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Restrat View Post
    there has only been one other president "since" the 90s

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Wait so the only reason healthcare was unaffordable was because of the ACA? What the hell was I thinking by not being able to afford health care because I was a temp for the entire Bush administration, silly me, if I would have only realized that the ACA didn't exist yet surely healthcare would have been perfectly reasonably priced.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast