+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: House votes to sue obama     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya View Post
    The Obama era economy is built on a house of cards. When the fed QE ends and there isn't artificial money being pumped into the markets and we can't borrow from China anymore people will realize just how bad he has been for our country. He creates a system where people experience loss and builds a government to help those people so they realize him without realizing it's his policy that is the reason they are worse off in the first place.

Obamacare is a prime example. People are happy that obamacare exists now because they maybe lost it from their job or it's too expensive to get privately without acknowledging the fact that it's Obama care that made it unaffordable in the first place for most companies and individuals. It's ridiculous how many people have their blinders on to how awful he has been.

I don't watch Fox news, I don't have a party alignment. I just can't stand him as president. He's a great manipulator and he's created a system where he screws people and they thank him for it.
    it sounds like you repeated a bunch of things you heard your parents say at different times and then strung them all together

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I lol'd at 'artificial money.'

we got us an expert here

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya View Post
    The Obama era economy is built on a house of cards. When the fed QE ends and there isn't artificial money being pumped into the markets and we can't borrow from China anymore people will realize just how bad he has been for our country. He creates a system where people experience loss and builds a government to help those people so they realize him without realizing it's his policy that is the reason they are worse off in the first place.

Obamacare is a prime example. People are happy that obamacare exists now because they maybe lost it from their job or it's too expensive to get privately without acknowledging the fact that it's Obama care that made it unaffordable in the first place for most companies and individuals. It's ridiculous how many people have their blinders on to how awful he has been.

I don't watch Fox news, I don't have a party alignment. I just can't stand him as president. He's a great manipulator and he's created a system where he screws people and they thank him for it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Just because you don't call yourself a Republican doesn't mean you don't hold Republican values. Honestly, its the biggest fucking cop-out I have ever heard.
    Now, now, now...It's probably because neither party wants him.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

lol political stuff.
    I'm assuming if this was a dem party suing a rep pres, it would be ok then? Thats what it's kind of sounding like with all of this rep vs dem stuff.
    As one of the few "reps" (i'm more anti-dem then anything else, though value based I am) on this board, i'll be man enough to say regardless of what side it's coming from, suing the pres has got to be one of the dumbest things.
    I would like to hear more foreign people chime in on this, but from what i've heard from the few foreigns i know, like rata said, obama went from being highly regarded to being shit-tier below even bush.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    lol political stuff.
    I'm assuming if this was a dem party suing a rep pres, it would be ok then? Thats what it's kind of sounding like with all of this rep vs dem stuff.
    As one of the few "reps" (i'm more anti-dem then anything else, though value based I am) on this board, i'll be man enough to say regardless of what side it's coming from, suing the pres has got to be one of the dumbest things.
    I would like to hear more foreign people chime in on this, but from what i've heard from the few foreigns i know, like rata said, obama went from being highly regarded to being shit-tier below even bush.
    Bush generally took about as many executive actions as Obama. So, no, not really. Also, I don't even think this is a base Republican thing, this is "we're scared our skitish tea party fringe is going to flake out before the election" thing.

It's not really anything.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

lol political stuff.
    is that what you're getting out of this? because personally, i see skyylya being an idiot again and being called on it. again.

BG Level

lol political stuff.
    I think somebody sued Bush over the Iraq war once.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

So, there's a strategy in game theory called the grim trigger. The main part is you have two players playing a cooperative game, both with major punishments they can use if the other side doesn't cooperate. The idea is if one player decides to stop cooperating, then the other loses the incentive to cooperate and starts using its punishment. As bad as people think the political system is now, I'll be shocked if this doesn't open the door to Democrats doing the same thing next time the Republicans have a president..

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

THANKS OBAMA

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I got news for you bro, prior to 9/11 and once the war in Iraq became unpopular the Dems used the filibuster like crazy.

The only thing that's changed in this brinksmanship cockfight is that new things are being held hostage, like the government paying its bills.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    I got news for you bro, prior to 9/11 and once the war in Iraq became unpopular the Dems used the filibuster like crazy.

The only thing that's changed in this brinksmanship cockfight is that new things are being held hostage, like the government paying its bills.
    http://healthcaretrends.files.wordpr...ions.png?w=468

Where's them Repubs at who like to bitch about taxpayer dollars?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Also doesn't the president have to ask the congress before taking any decision or,something?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    Where's them Repubs at who like to bitch about taxpayer dollars?
    We need to save our taxpayer dollars on things like education and healthcare so we can spend it on sticking it to the O.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Also doesn't the president have to ask the congress before taking any decision or,something?
    There are certain things that he has authority to unilaterally enact on his own, with limitations. For example his minimum wage increase a couple of months back; he can declare a minimum wage for contractors in the employ of the US government, but he can't set a national minimum wage for business sectors who are not employed by the federal government.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    i'm not following politics but Is obama really that bad?

Or is it just republican trying to ruin his reputation because he is not republican?
    he's certainly the worst president we've had since Bush

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

more confirmation that the Baby Boomers are fucking awful at governance. they started taking offices in the 70s. their kids are almost worse.

pretty much all the domestic problems we're dealing with now started in the 70s.

I thought they were started with WWI.

BG Level

I think problems just change. Obviously partisanship might have gotten worse, but look at it this way: least yall aren't still hanging nigroes, castrating gays, and having women cook bare foot in the kitchen, right?