FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Secret of Mana (Android/iOS)

The iOS version has been out for a few of years, but today SE has announced the Android version will be coming this fall. Also, they have put the iOS version on sale for $3.99 - https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/secr...407949800?mt=8.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Dunno if I'll ever get around to playing it, but I'm pretty sure I'll buy it. >.>

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I bought the iOS version a while back. They'd better of fixed the bugs for the android version, I had to reset my Ipod Touch 5 times, and never did get to play it all the way though. Played the ROM instead, but yeah if they've fixed the bugs, I'll buy this again for my phone.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Doubt they would fix them. It took SE almost a year to fix Chrono Trigger to work on 4.2 or later, and none of their stuff will work once 4.5 comes out.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Leveling all the elementals to max is a pain. I cant play SoM on any bersion that isnt a pc emulator with speed throttling for that reason.

They need to add Legend of Mana for mobiles, that was the best mana game.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Here's to hoping tho; this game, what i was able to play of it anyway before it effed up and I had to do a factory reset of my Ipod Touch anyway..is touch controls done right. (That's the biggest bug; it can randomly NOT want to load on some configs unless you do a factory reset of the phone/ipod, and I hope they fixed that bad boy. Not being able to effing play is a very rotten bug! It's a game stopper, esp since you cannot back up your save)

It's also a classic, and I like classic games btw. :D

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Leveling all the elementals to max is a pain. I cant play SoM on any bersion that isnt a pc emulator with speed throttling for that reason.

They need to add Legend of Mana for mobiles, that was the best mana game.
    In the original, farming the last weapon orbs was the biggest pain. I ran through the end dungeon countless times and never maxed all of them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Did they make it so you can get the last level of sword without having to use a glitch?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Chiyio; I never got that far. I got about midgame before the game bugged up on me and I had to factory reset my Ipod Touch..again..which deleted my save. (You can bet your shoes that was annoying.)

When I first loaded it it had that bug too; I had to factory reset to get it to get off the bloody title screen. I hope to heck that it'll just run on Android. I'd REALLY like to see what changes they made besides the best touch interface I've seen on a RPG so far...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Unless there's an achievement for doing so I would not bother to max out anything in this game, it's easy enough as it is.

However, I do admit when I was 13 or so playing it for the first time I did not know Neko was hiding around the corner of the Dark Palace before Pureland. I went in there with Golden City gear (best in slot for the majority of the game) and fuck me it was the most difficult game of my life. Then again, even if I did know, I don't think I'd have the gil to buy all the Vestgaurds for the trio

Now I try to farm enough gil prior to that area just so I can buy them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I wish they'd make a new game with secret of mana's exact combat system, for some reason I find it MUCH more satisfying than the combat in Seiken Densetsu 3. Also needed more zones like the pure land (always annoyed me that zone is locked out once you complete it, especially since some of the best armor drops there and you can't get it anywhere else)

And ya, it's a pretty easy game, but it's just annoying you can cap every weapon but sword (unless you use the glitch). Also, the rare armor drops are a kind of silly rare.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

oh guys..
    It's out. Here.

I may think about getting it; I'd really like to see if they fixed the RAWRRCRASH problems. It seems to crash on rooted devices but my Samsung Galaxy Lite isn't rooted. ^^ Well, according to the reviews anyway.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Thanks for the reminder. Picked it up, but might be a day or 2 before I get to try it out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It seems to play pretty well even on my xoom which is older and struggles with games. The directional circle onscreen control is a little weird feeling, the lack of any touch as you have on a dpad makes it a little hard to know exactly where you need to move.

Side note, secret of mana is 21 years old this year...