1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontline General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has anyone figured out the new node spawn timing?

late edit: Does someone get credit for ramp knockoff/suicide kills? If so, is it last damage?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Frontlines starting to slow down again with queues. Hopefully 2.4 and ninja bandwagon injects new flavor into it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To improve PvP game balance, the ability Cleric Stance will no longer be usable in PvP areas.
    Fuck yo' healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Fuck yo' healers.
    Considering it seems to be that only enemy healers cleric stance (while every healer on my team does not) this is probably a good change.

Unless you were in a party full of healers already, if you could afford to switch to Cleric Stance in PvP you were probably fighting idiots anyway.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

holy PT was so OP this nerf was seen coming a mile away

being said, totally removing it is a little excessive....

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, god forbid they could have nerfed the MND->INT conversion process, along with nerfing Lustrate's HP% healed instead of making SCH/SMN utterly useless against a competent MNK/PLD.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Unless you were in a party full of healers already, if you could afford to switch to Cleric Stance in PvP you were probably fighting idiots anyway.
    Not every skirmish in FL is a healer trying to stay alive while being focused by multiple DPS. (And "party with lots of healers" is not exactly a FL unicorn.)

I think the worst part of this change is that it's just boring. The biggest impact Cleric Stance had was making unwinnable contests (e.g. solo DPS vs solo SCH) end faster. And even with healers being overpowered, it's still like pulling teeth to get one of the 4 tanks in your party to change to healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Not every skirmish in FL is a healer trying to stay alive while being focused by multiple DPS.
    No shit.

Just because you don't need to heal right this second doesn't make it "balanced" for your healer to turn into a DPS at will.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It is one thing to say that Cleric is overpowered (which it is).
    It is quite another to say that it is useless unless your opponents are idiots.

With healers being brazenly overpowered demigods and people being able to change jobs at will, healer distribution was still reasonably moderate. Discouraging people from playing healer doesn't really help anyone.

When did I say it was useless?

It was generally unnecessary, yes. If you could afford to stay in CS for any significant amount of time then you weren't in any danger of losing the engagement anyway.

That's not the same as useless.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe you're referencing WHM? SCH didn't really need a significant amount of time to activate CS and drop a shadowflare, or throw out some DoTs and bane them.

In any case, if you're saying that CS was only used in conflicts that weren't really in doubt, then I don't see how it was that overpowered (or how nerfing it improves balance). It simply sped up the inevitable, which is why it's really just more of a boring change than anything else.

It was overpowered in a group that stacked healers because it allowed them to be both invincible and deal large amounts of damage.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

It was nerfed because of Holy but I have zero interest in playing WHM or SCH in PVP now and I won't be the only one. I have no idea how else you could calm down the holy spam without nerfing BLMs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Parties who stood in a gaggle hugging the flag waiting for you to run in were really asking to get holy/stun-locked to death though.

Perhaps a nerf to holy and making Bane unusable on SCH would have been a better compromise (if this was even necessary).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

to be honest, the holy spam shit got really really out of hand right before 2.38

SE prolly cant fix it/balance it in time and just removing it for now while maintaining holy normal functionality

dont be surprised to see cleric stance come back and a big nerf on holy

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Played a few games last night, balance seemed fine, 2-3 healers per group (1 in our B). Dynamic, fast moving matches actually, as opposed to the last time I did FL. Really nice to not be stuck in a quagmire on the point for half the game. I'm not sure people actually realise how fucking boring that was (especially as BRD), and how many people it turned off FL. I know that was more of a strategy than related to healer damage, but less healers as a result of the nerf means it will be less prevalent.

Anyway, adders seem to have the upper hand at the moment in my server group, I immensely enjoyed bopping people over the head with my Bravura Novus, and the flow of matches seems to have opened right up. A+ will play again soon for sure.

I have no idea how else you could calm down the holy spam without nerfing BLMs.
    Don't play BLM really but isn't Holy a single action? Whereas BLM's need to build their stack and etc. before using Flare? E.g. Isn't it way easier for a group of WHM to spam Holy than it is for BLM's to spam Flare?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yea its not really easy/fun to play a BLM

when your pt only have you as a blm, you know you are going to spend 80% of the time scathing

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah blm is good but, half the time I hang waaaaay back and try to mozy on in so I can actually cast stuff.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Meanwhile on the OF people are complaining that Nexus is bringing transients into FL, further reducing healer numbers (lol?!), and it's a bad thing because transients don't belong in PvP...I don't even.