1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontline General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by garudyne View Post
    The fall from the top of mid is an insta death regardless of if you are in combat or not. (I know because I walk off occasionally all the time) Knockoff kills are most definitely counted since that is where most of mine come from. I'm a SCH main in PvP and have about 300 kills, most from knockbacks.

I don't know how else to explain that message tbh. Maybe the devs can answer that question one day.
    Unless they changed something specifically for PvP at some point, you can jump off the middle tower and survive with 1hp just like you would outside of PvP.

It should only kill you if you're still considered to be in combat, which is more difficult to discern in PvP for obvious reasons, but still the factor.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I mean, its possible to be in combat and not have taken damage too, you could easily tag someone with a ranged attack and then turn around and jump off and kill yourself.
    You could jump off and kill yourself, but it would have to be a true suicide, which is pretty unlikely. (Does Raise take you out of combat? If not, then this would have to happen immediately upon landing on top.)

More to the point in this case, the victim had Battle High. So the idea of them having not been attacked at all is not really plausible.

P.S. I know I have jumped from very high up (like, top of ramp) and survived with 1HP out-of-combat, but I can't recall if I've jumped directly from land. I want to say that I have indeed jumped from the little land nub by the ramp and survived.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They could have gotten Battle High and then that death was shortly afterwards whilst backing away from people (or chasing someone down).

It's entirely plausible to not be targeted on something like BRD where you're that low priority and can lurk behind other people.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

PvP queues dont take into accout what job you queue as right? Like healers get faster queues because there are less healers and there should be at least one healer in each group.

I was queuing for Slaughter yesterday with a friend as a group and another friend of mine was queing solo. Usually you end up in the same match anyways but while my solo friend did not get into a match for like 90mins the queue time for my duo group was "only" like 20mins. We got into 2 matches before our friend even got his first queue pop.
    And the day before two of my friends were queing solo and one of them got into two matches before the other got into his first one in which they both ened up.

Pretty sure everyone only had Slaughter and english language checked. The ones with faster queues were/had a healer while the other one was solo DPS.
    Did anyone notice a similar behaviour?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    PvP queues dont take into accout what job you queue as right? Like healers get faster queues because there are less healers and there should be at least one healer in each group.

I was queuing for Slaughter yesterday with a friend as a group and another friend of mine was queing solo. Usually you end up in the same match anyways but while my solo friend did not get into a match for like 90mins the queue time for my duo group was "only" like 20mins. We got into 2 matches before our friend even got his first queue pop.
    And the day before two of my friends were queing solo and one of them got into two matches before the other got into his first one in which they both ened up.

Pretty sure everyone only had Slaughter and english language checked. The ones with faster queues were/had a healer while the other one was solo DPS.
    Did anyone notice a similar behaviour?
    PVP queues are broken and dumb. It doesn't care about class, just bodycount, but if you and your friend were a pair and there was a 6/8 or 22/24 group waiting, it will snag you before making those groups 7/8 or 23/24. I think, anyway. The GC lock really fucks up queues when there's not a ton of people flagging. If you get caught on the short end of the party slots, you can rot for eternity while everyone else runs through multiple times. I think it has to do with how the queue works. It doesn't seem to fill missing slots correctly. If there's a 8/8/7 split, and a duo of adders flag, the game makes another section. So you've got 8/8/7 and 0/0/2, rather than dropping one person from that 7 to make it 8/8/8.

I think, anyway. I don't have a sensible explanation, because the system makes no sense. It's like waiting in line for a rollercoaster, but once the ride ends the staff asks if everyone who just rode if they want to ride again. Flagging right after a fight almost always gets you a pop right away.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    On a couple of occasions, I have popped queue solo on each role and checked out the estimated wait time. On both occasions the healer wait time has been lower. That said, it's entirely possible that this was just a simple coincidence if the system tracks each role separately but treats them all the same. I have no idea how the system works, and I don't know how people can claim to know.

To echo the above post though, shit queue system is shit.

It is odd that you got into groups faster as a duo than as a solo player though. I don't PvP much, but my queue times solo have consistently been faster than groups. I check the In-Progress flag though (and roulette), and frequently my queues are in-progress. Did they have that checked?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

Queuing solo always enables in progress afaik even if its not checked. They changed that early on i think because not everyone has to accept for the match to start.
    Well i should just stop trying to make sense of the system but getting out of a 72 man and queuing again right away and then waiting over 30min to get into a 24 man makes me want to punch someone.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    They could have gotten Battle High and then that death was shortly afterwards whilst backing away from people (or chasing someone down).

It's entirely plausible to not be targeted on something like BRD where you're that low priority and can lurk behind other people.
    There are way too many AoEs being cast for that to be plausible.

If you have battle high and you're hiding in a group, people are AoEing groups and you're being hit (even if you're not being targeted). If you have battle high and you're lurking off alone, someone is going to target you.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm speaking from experience, there's been times where I have literally gone the entire run without being targeted at all simply because I was loosely grouped with the rest of my party so I was continuously overlooked.

Now granted once you get battle high you're literally getting a big red target on your head. But it's possible to not be targeted at all until you get battle high then die shortly afterwards to fall damage.

EDIT: The other possible explanation is that the last person to damage him DC'ed / quit before the fall occurred.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You mean to say that you have went an entire run taking 0 damage?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

0 damage is unlikely but I've gone entire matches with Battle high and I'm a big fat galka BRD.

Play quality is very broad in PvP, some of the premades are excellent are wrecking anyone with battle high and then continuing to target that person since they know they are capable of getting battle high.

The message is a glitch or a fall....pretty easy to test, the next match we are definitely going to win or lose i'll try it. Engage in combat for a moment then jump.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've gone an entire match taking 0 damage yes. It's rare but it can happen. They weren't necessarily good runs for me personally but I've definitely gone entire runs without being targetted. Admittedly happened way more frequently in secure than slaughter (I can only think of 1 run where it 100% happened in slaughter which was a curbstomp win where I only got 2 kills / ~40k damage). But I also PVP way less now than I did before slaughter existed.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, for context, this was a 72-man Slaughter that we won by <10 points.

I've never done FL on DPS (always SCH), but I don't think I've ever seen someone in my party go an entire run without being damaged, bound, or slept.

To take a different tack: is there any non-fall way you can kill yourself, or someone on your own team?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

never seen it but seems like we're making kind of a big deal about this at any rate lol.

in WD you see people attributed kills that they never got at all. it's just some kind of bug and something that i assume is related to this FL same-team kill thing as well.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garu Dyne
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Kisada, I have been in a lot of matches with you where it's happened to the Flames, lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is frontline still slaughter onry? Is secure still dead? Is slaughter still dominated by ranged?

Haven't FL in so long and want to do it again, but last time secure was never anything but 24, and I only have PLD or MNK so slaughter is no bueno.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garu Dyne
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It's all pretty much the same.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There was a guide on reddit that had bis for each job; having difficulty finding it and I'm sure it hasn't been updated, but does anyone know what I'm talking about? Looking for NIN and DRG specifically.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Garu Dyne
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

god damn the hate for adders on this data center is unreal, like holy shit I have never seen both Flames and Storm zerg rush Adders before the first node pops, ever, until today lol.