1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontline General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    How is it possible to do less than 10k dmg on DPS? I do that much on WHM.
    they are busy yelling at ppl to do stupid shit all match.

They wanted us, as B, to hold OP, support both groups and win mid. Like, wat. We wrecked mid, and stole some OPs in between and lost because A and C both shit it up while yelling at us.

Does anyone want to share their pvp ability upgrades for jobs, and why they do them? I find it could be useful for people who are willing to play different jobs, on the fly, if you're missing something from an alliance.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well that was fast.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Well that was fast.
    Spoiler: show

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Yoship rinsing Frontline like a boss:
    On another note, I've been spending a lot of time in Frontline and I had to apologize to the Scenario Team because I haven't done any of the main scenario quests yet. I had play through them over and over while they were in-development, as well as check the cutscenes, but I didn't really have the chance to test 72-player matches in Frontline, so I've been totally immersed in it. My number of matches fought is already in the triple digits, and you can be sure I'm in there fighting whenever I have time to spare.
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by xIndustrialxAngelx View Post
    Does anyone want to share their pvp ability upgrades for jobs, and why they do them? I find it could be useful for people who are willing to play different jobs, on the fly, if you're missing something from an alliance.
    If you need to change jobs just go into the PvP/abilities menus and reset/reallocate while you wait, they certainly give you enough time at the start of the match.

There's no need to divvy up points between different roles.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm actually kind of annoyed how ability upgrades work in pvp. They already allow you to reset without penalty so there's no real reason why they can't just have the points separate for each job. Kind of sucks now that I have to go in, see which party I'm in, switch jobs ( if needed ), reset skills, upgrade new skills, then remember to actually put skills back on bar.

What can I tell you.

It was designed by SE.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    What can I tell you.

It was designed by SE.
    Want them to fix my score due to the times I switch to bard for B and forget to re-select blast shot.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by xIndustrialxAngelx View Post
    For jobs I have played, in relative order of priority:

SCH/WHM: VIT 3, Equanimity 1/2, Attunement, (SCH) Aura Blast 1/3 if in B party, Divine Breath 1, Focalization 3, Purify
    *When you hit rank 12, have 3 points in VIT all the time. Before rank 12, don't bother.

BLM: Phantom Dart 1, Night Wing 1/2, Equanimity 1/2, INT 3

BRD: Blast Shot 1/3 if in B, Farshot 1/3, DEX 3, Enliven 1

Basically ignore anything that is +potency and the effect increase on Enliven/Mana Draw, unless you have literally nothing else to spend on. On average I would say most "fights" are over in a minute to 3 minutes so cooldown reduction is mainly just for having it up for the next fight rather than twice in one fight (unless it's a 90s being reduced to 60s like Phantom Dart, which is holy shit pretty good).

Finding that BLM isn't that bad while moving. Phantom Dart + Scathe spam is surprisingly damaging.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have a hard time justifying 12 AP for 12 VIT. I guess I'll try it, but right now my current SCH loadout (R24ish) is:

Aetheric Burst III
    Aura Blast I/III
    Equanimity I/II
    Purify I
    Divine Breath I? can't remember

Also, you said to ignore +potency but then recommended Focalization III... any particular reason for that one? Or did you literally mean just Potency?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I have a hard time justifying 12 AP on 12 VIT.
    It's... 6 VIT, isn't it?

Didn't they lower the bonus to 2 per tier?

That's 90HP. I certainly wouldn't put my points in that before pimping other skills out first.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Gives you a bigger threshold to survive gimped melee LB1, and I'm generally at the point now (r36, only 1 point to spend left at 40) where I'm running out of attractive options even if I took that 3 out of VIT anyways.

It's 12. 2 + 4 + 6. They lessened it when they introduced FL because I think it was something absurd before like 5 7 9.

I also put 30VIT on my SCH and have like 5.2k, 5.4 with a tank, 5.6 with tank+food.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Damn, for some reason I assumed buying the next tier invalidated the old tier. Derp derp

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This one's easy to test because you can look at stat sheet while putting the points in. Strangely I was actually getting 13 (the first gave me 3 instead of 2) but I assume that's weird rounding.

Tbh I'd consider recast enhancements the most important, this isn't Wolve's Den and fighting doesn't just happen in short spurts.

It may, depending on how the match goes (if you're A or C and the other teams don't make any real efforts to take your posts), but more often than not you're going from one fight to the next and a lot of skills won't be ready.

Having the skills ready is going to be far more important than the (now nerfed) increases in potency and such.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Gives you a bigger threshold to survive gimped melee LB1, and I'm generally at the point now (r36, only 1 point to spend left at 40) where I'm running out of attractive options even if I took that 3 out of VIT anyways.
    At R40 we can have a discussion, but at R12, I'd say it's crazy to have all your points in VIT. You can't even equip Direwolf Fending accessories at that point.

I don't understand what access to PvP gear has to do with it?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

For BRD I currently;

3/3 DEX
    3/3 Farshot (might take out crit+ and put it in something else)
    2/3 Blast Shot (1st and 3rd upgrades)

When I get my last 2 points it will be Enliven and Purify probably, just because Blast Shot dmg boost is pretty meaningless. Before r32, I was swapping back and forth between Farshot and Blast shot upgrades, depending on what party I was in. (B=Blast, A/C=Far)

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wait... you can pick which boosts you want? I thought they had to be done sequentially and that was exactly why I was sat at 3/3 Blast Shot. Time to rejig my points.

EDIT: Just doing it now. God how did I not notice this, for some reason I thought it was just upgrade blah blah Yes/No.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast