1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontline General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's just another non-intuitive feature that SE gave us.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I'm actually kind of annoyed how ability upgrades work in pvp. They already allow you to reset without penalty so there's no real reason why they can't just have the points separate for each job. Kind of sucks now that I have to go in, see which party I'm in, switch jobs ( if needed ), reset skills, upgrade new skills, then remember to actually put skills back on bar.
    I hear this. By the time I change jobs, reset PvP skills (hard to remember), and then assign actions - chances are I have a good minute or two of cooldown to eat before anything can actually be used.

All if I don't forget to put the skills back in the first place. Or do something stupid like assign the skills and then reset PvP points, thus resetting my actions again. It's clunky as fuck, needs fixin'

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

after spending a bunch of time investing my points, 99% of the time i forget to hotbar.

really fucking awesome when i'm doing 4v4 with all the good players on my server. just so fun and enjoyable.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    I hear this. By the time I change jobs, reset PvP skills (hard to remember), and then assign actions - chances are I have a good minute or two of cooldown to eat before anything can actually be used.

All if I don't forget to put the skills back in the first place. Or do something stupid like assign the skills and then reset PvP points, thus resetting my actions again. It's clunky as fuck, needs fixin'
    make a macro that echos what skills you use and opens both your pvpactions and additional action menus.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    make a macro that echos what skills you use and opens both your pvpactions and additional action menus.

Hmm yeah good idea. TBH though what really shat me last night was the cooldowns. Basically, if you don't change jobs and get your shit sorted within the first 30 seconds, you're going to be without your main PvP actions for the first couple of (critical) minutes.

Not sure why they need to restrict it like that before the match opens, makes a lot of sense during the match to stop people changing for tactical advantage too often, but not before it starts.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Your stuff doesn't go on CD in the staging area until the game starts, you must have added stuff after the gate opened because I changed stuff all the time and never had stuff on CD.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Your stuff doesn't go on CD in the staging area until the game starts, you must have added stuff after the gate opened because I changed stuff all the time and never had stuff on CD.
    Yeah right, probably getting myself mixed up with a JIP (sucks for that reason) and forgetting to re-allocate my actions. hahaha

Ah well, good to know, thanks. I'll stop my whining now. =)

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I don't understand what access to PvP gear has to do with it?
    Most of the best healer VIT gear is R20+ PvP accessories. If you can't even equip them yet, blowing your limited AP on VIT traits is not likely to make a difference, since you still won't have anywhere near enough HP to survive, say, melee LB1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Wait... you can pick which boosts you want? I thought they had to be done sequentially and that was exactly why I was sat at 3/3 Blast Shot.
    Note that traits are an exception.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Most of the best healer VIT gear is R20+ PvP accessories. If you can't even equip them yet, blowing your limited AP on VIT traits is not likely to make a difference, since you still won't have anywhere near enough HP to survive, say, melee LB1.
    Except you don't HAVE to wait to use those and can just use any VIT gear. The secondaries are just a small bonus.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't consider 28CRT/11DET to be a "small bonus" at i80.

In fact, I'd wear i70 VIT accessories with relevant stat bonus(es) over i80+ with none (although in practice, I just stuck with normal i80+ MND accessories until I could get the good VIT accessories).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

My point is, you are arguing about the 12VIT because you can't wear the pvp accessories, which is stupid as fuck because you can wear any VIT accessories and the VIT is the same.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, yes, you could gimp both your healing and your PvP abilities by equipping three VIT traits and VIT+ACC/SKS/PAR gear at R12. And maybe you'll survive a limit break here and there. But you'll be getting your teeth kicked in everywhere else.

I just don't see the point of sacrificing huge amounts of limited low-rank resources (AP and available gear) for the sole purpose of surviving LB.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I don't know why I bother, you don't get anything ever.

VIT isn't to save you from LB, it's so you can survive getting focused but go ahead and wear MND gear over VIT because you can't use i70 pvp accessories and people like us will check you, laugh and then kill you in 5s because a healer wearing MND gear in pvp is retarded. (and before you go, but im already r20+ and wear pvp gear, I'm speaking hypothetically to the dumb ass advice you are giving other healers.)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just don't see the point of sacrificing huge amounts of limited low-rank resources for the sole purpose of surviving LB.
    Well, for one it'd be hilarious?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't know why I bother, you don't get anything ever.

VIT isn't to save you from LB
    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Gives you a bigger threshold to survive gimped melee LB1
    I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    it's so you can survive getting focused
    Upgrading your PvP abilities works pretty well for that (and doesn't really help at all against LB).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't get it.
    That's not the sole purpose, it's a bonus, man you are dumb.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When asked the rationale for maxed VIT traits at low rank, your FC mate said "surviving melee LB1." Not "helps survive focus" or whatever other nonsense you are spouting now, because upgraded PvP abilities are OBVIOUSLY better for that.

When I say "not sure all that sacrifice is worth it just to survive LB," you insist I'm an idiot for saying it's about surviving LB.

So which one is it?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm calling you dumb because of this.

I don't consider 28CRT/11DET to be a "small bonus" at i80.

In fact, I'd wear i70 VIT accessories with relevant stat bonus(es) over i80+ with none (although in practice, I just stuck with normal i80+ MND accessories until I could get the good VIT accessories).
    A healer, wearing ANY healing accessories over ANY VIT accessories in PVP is worthless, because any decent group or person is going to kill them in seconds. We specifically check healers in PVP and call out ones with MND gear to focus them down first because they die in about 5s. Just because Seravi gave you one example as to why he suggests the VIT, on top of the already blatantly obvious, "more VIT means you live longer because you are a tank in here" reason, doesn't mean you aren't stupid in your ideas.

You are arguing, use MND gear and put points in skills until you get/can wear the BiS PVP VIT accessories, which is dumb because you would be dead before you use them. We are saying, use any VIT accessories and put more points into VIT because you need to tank and survive and once you have enough HP, with all the bonuses, you can even survive melee LB1.

Nobody is factoring in the healers with MND accessories and what they should put points into, because they will be dead before it matters anyways.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that (setting LB aside) the ~950 HP you get from full VIT accessories (and 180HP from full VIT traits) is the difference between easy kill and hardest kill, but the extra 100-200 HP per heal and upgraded PvP abilities are meaningless and will make no difference?

12 VIT vs. upgraded Equanimity/Attunement/Purify for purposes of surviving being focused is idiotic and not even worth discussion; 180 HP is nothing in comparison.
    If you are a solo healer, your accessories are completely irrelevant regardless; you will definitely be dead when you run out of charges/abilities, if not sooner. The way that you survive being focused as a healer is with heal support, and heal potency makes a difference in how long you can keep the other healers alive.

If you can't survive melee LB1 (and if you didn't reassign your MND to VIT, you probably won't), then there is always a tradeoff between extra HP for you and extra heals for everyone else that you need to keep alive. The idea that you must roll with 3/3 VIT traits and 5/5 VIT accessories or you're useless is, as you put it, retarded.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

y'all need to work out this judai/spider-dan sexual tension thing somewhere else, preferably in private tyvm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast