1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontline General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Meanwhile on the OF people are complaining that Nexus is bringing transients into FL, further reducing healer numbers (lol?!), and it's a bad thing because transients don't belong in PvP...I don't even.
    Retards really. I'd much rather have multiple sub-30 and sub-15 minute queue times for a 2nd or 3rd place win with transients and bads during primetime than wait 30+ or 60+ minutes a legit 1st place win with good players. Just goes to show you people really will complain about anything in this game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Fo' Sho'

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Meanwhile on the OF people are complaining that Nexus is bringing transients into FL, further reducing healer numbers (lol?!), and it's a bad thing because transients don't belong in PvP...I don't even.

I've been doing FL for Nexus, its actually pretty fun, but the wait times are awful. But yeah lots of bad parties like 6 tanks or 0 healers.

Now that I know I can change classes towards the end I'll start going healer and swapping to PLD for the lights.

I've never tried but can you use Return in FL to go back to the landing?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

You can, but you do have to be "not in combat".

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    You can, but you do have to be "not in combat".
    Just realized this literally yesterday.

Thank god 2.4 is bringing on more ranks. Can't wait to ride that PvP train straight to rank 50.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it's going to keep scaling at the rate 36-40 did, it's going to be one hell of a boring grind. That said, not touched FL since 2.35, I could use an excuse to get the premade back together.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I checked a week or so back, FL has become lax and easy prey. Bringing back the pre-made would easily crush the competition ( even more than before )

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sounds good. I've yet to see how bad the extent of the healer nerfs (both clerics and dispellable aetherflow) plays out against the usual folks though. If it helped with the healer stalemate issue (re: little bit lack of DPS focus, little bit overhealing) though it's better than nothing until they come up with a better solution.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lack of Cleric Stance doesn't hurt WHM any, but SCH saw a considerable DPS drop and have to work hard in a 1v1 skirmish now. Not that it matters seeing as DPS are generally stupid and neglect attacking the pixies anyways. Typical healing parties with 3 healers, 1 tank, 4 DPS is still legit as all hell.

If you are a hardcore PvPer, you'll get annoyed at the lack of challenges some matches will have, even more so if you have a premade. Almost all of them will be steamroll fights for you.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Based on what people complain about in OF PvP subforum, not much has changed. Healers still complaining they are useless and helpless when they are the only healer in their party.

Less than 2 heals = GG, go ninja stuff or resign yourself to doing nothing important.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Any advice for what to do as a BLM if BRDs won't leave you alone?

Bind them, heavy them, sleep them.

Or just kill them.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

scathe them like mad and then unleash the dragon when your uninterrupt ability is up (i hope you maxed that skill)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i don't play blm but i do play enough smn to give some advice. as with anyone who chases me around i always kite them through my party and in most situations, that means they're on flag-ish and i'm near terrain-ish to hide behind. if they do make through without getting chewed up you can prepare bliz 2 as they're coming around the corner then just sprint away down the ramp. a lot of the time i find people completely give up on trying to kill me cause i tend to lead them far, far away from their group.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hydrox Killjoy
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

so i've decided i'm gonna go crazy with the pvp grinding and gun for r38 minimum, and eventually r45, gotta get that monk glamour

here's the question:

i'm rank 23 (at 80% to 24) for maelstrom which i originally started with
    and rank 17 for immortal flames

maelstrom seems to suck ass and it's just loss after loss, with occasional second place, and a rare 1st place finish sprinkled in

immortal flames seemed hit or miss when i last played with them, but lately it definitely seems like a winning streak/strong performances regularly

this is all on aether datacenter (gilgamesh server etc)

do i switch back to immortal flames and go for the grind?
    or stick it out with maelstrom and lose my way to 38+

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mNFNDZ2c#gid=6
    Can plug in info on here and get an idea of how long it would take for each. Swapping would probably be faster if its as bad as you say I imagine (1st gets double the EXP 3rd gets so...), but your call if you have any other reasons to stick with Maelstrom.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hydrox Killjoy
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

so just doing some quick math from the spreadsheet, if i just say average at 2nd place every game, putting a rough time of 15 mins per match, not counting queue times...

60 hours to go from 24 - 38?

if so, holy fuck

In terms of exp, rank 30 is only half way to 40.

actually, losing frontlines is just as good for exp, assuming they consistantly never place first. This is because each time your GC gets third, your exp bonus and mark bonus raises by 10%, up to a cap of +50%. If it places second, it remains the same bonus. If you get first, whatever bonus you earned applies to that round, but then resets back to 0.

So! This means if you're in the Adders, like me, and keep hitting third place, you start off earning only 200 PvP exp, but next round you have a 10% exp bonus. If you place third again, this goes up to 20%, and so on.

Eventually this means third place wins give you 300 exp, while second place wins give you 450 exp each round. if by some miracle your GC suddenly hits first, you'd get 600 pvp exp, then have the bonus reset. By comparison, first place gives you 400 without bonuses.

So the best GC would be one that almost always places second, rarely places third, and never wins. Of course, the differences are so minimal that i guess the real answer is: it's all pretty much the same regardless of your GC's usual placement, due to the loser bonus.