+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

WE GET IT MINA WE'RE GOING TO BUY IT ALREADY.

But seriously, thanks for the videos.

Likely would've flown under my radar.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Explore the vast open world of Reveria alongside friends and share your discoveries with a host of local and online features available to players of Fantasy Life, the much-anticipated role-playing adventure from Level-5 coming to Europe on 26th September for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems.

Link Mode, an online communication tool discovered by paying an in-game visit to the Guild Office in the town of Castele, is a feature that - once activated - allows you to connect with friends when they are playing Fantasy Life at the same time*, and exchange messages and valuable tips during gameplay. To keep your friends informed of your in-game exploits, Link Mode also contains a notification setting to communicate your achievements, and ‘Applaud’ the landmarks reached by others.

As part of the game’s wider co-operative features, players can get together with up to two friends via either local wireless or online multiplayer and explore the world of Reveria together, with online multiplayer incorporating its own chat feature for players to communicate while – for example - on a hunt, or foraging for precious items! So whether you are in need of reinforcements to defeat a powerful monster, or are seeking to trade certain items with friends via an in-game Exchange Box, taking part in co-operative play with friends will help you accumulate much-needed experience and items to aid in your adventures.

In addition, with the game supporting StreetPass functionality, watch out for other players turning up in your game as citizens of Reveria after a StreetPass encounter. Befriend these fellow players, and you may even receive new items. Meanwhile, in order to capture your most exciting moments in Reveria, you can also unlock the Snapshots function, which will enable you to capture in-game screenshots by pressing the START button - just another way to show off your adventures to others!

Prepare for an epic adventure set in a world filled with dry deserts, snowy mountain peaks, pirate-infested coves and more when Fantasy Life, an RPG containing dynamic life simulation elements, releases in Europe on 26th September for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems. With the local and online multiplayer features, or by sharing notifications in Link Mode, explore the furthest reaches of Reveria together with friends, or simply at your own pace.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I feel like the end of that trailer is cut off... lol

Also. Unspoilering that spoiler tag was delicious.
    (It kinda spoils maps and such so if you are scared of those spoilers, don't click)

I am pretty hyped for this. Getting two copies so my daughter and I can cruise around together kickin asses.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Just a bit of news I figured people might want to know; apparently there's to be DLC for the game and those who purchase the DLC 'cannot' play with those who have not purchased the DLC.
    Fair warning.

From the FAQ section of the GAF thread linked below:

I've downloaded the DLC, can I play with people who have not downloaded the DLC?
    Unfortunately you cannot play with people who have downloaded the DLC due to the increased range of customisation features for your characters, you will also be unable to streetpass with those who don't have it.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=898070

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Just a bit of news I figured people might want to know; apparently there's to be DLC for the game and those who purchase the DLC 'cannot' play with those who have not purchased the DLC.
    Fair warning.

From the FAQ section of the GAF thread linked below:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=898070
    That sucks to hear.

Either way I'm sold. Love the concept. Need more games like this.

I'm a little sad that this is what became of the game, "True Fantasy Live" that was supposed to release for the XBox but got shut down by MS so close to release.

But on the flip side, I'm glad they were able to release something that was close to their original vision.

All the passwords have been datamined, if anyone is interested. I am pretty excited for this weekend. Getting a copy for my daughter too, but not sure if I will grab DLC for both of us or hold off... I want those hairstyles though.

Fantasy Life Passwords - All Regions.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

so this game came out about a month ago in the UK, i have to say for anyone that likes Monster hunter mixed with a little dragons quest, you'll really enjoy this game spent about 30 hours on it doing the basic story mode and searching some of the "end game world"

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I keep seeing people comparing it to animal crossing. From what I've seen it looks a lot more like rune factory imo. Granted I've never played animal crossing so I can't way for sure.

I kinda want to grab this, but I've spent way too Mich on games recently. Wish I hadn't purchased smash, I've barely even played that. :/

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

As someone who has played the game:

The Animal Crossing similarities end at just the housing and shaking trees.

That's it.

The graphics/story feels more like Dragon Quest, the battle system/crafting system reminds me of Rune Factory...

I'm going to repeat the two tips I have for this game:

Don't get a horse. It doesn't move too much faster and if it gets hit it runs off. :/

Dash whenever you can. Leveling up your dashing skill is so good. At first you feel like you want to save your stamina. Nope. Dash.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Totally forgot this game was coming out so soon. Been wasting way too much time in FF11/Terraria recently, forgetting about other games...

BG Level

Same. And my game backlog hasn't budged much. BL1.5 took up a good chunk of my last week, I'm still trying to finish the MGS collection, and I haven't even touched MG Rising/Xillia 2

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sounds so much like rune factory, which I completely adore. Do want.

Does it have any of the town member friendship/relation type stuff RF has?

Edit: looked it up and apparently not. I am still mega intrigued though. I wish I could go back in time and not have purchased smash. Sigh.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

The relationship stuff is not in this game (well not the romance kind). You do get 2 pets that have a friendship bar that effects their battle prowess.

Admittedly the whole reason why I am full on supporting Fantasy Life 3DS is because we are THIS CLOSE to having a multiplayer/co-op Rune Factory. This is like the missing link.
    Either this game will look at Rune Factory next or Rune Factory will go 'hey man multiplayer sure would be great...'

There. Now you know the reason why I need this game to be a success. XD

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not just the romance but I also enjoyed getting to know the regular town folks and increasing friendship levels, especially when they have some sort of side effect like increased shop inventory, shop discount, battle partner related buffs, etc... (Not that rf did it exactly like that but its what I'd envision a system like that to look like.)

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

OOHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well the characters involved in each life have story stuff based on your job levels so you get to know them better. Kinda like job-quests for FFXIV/FFXI
    I won't spoil it but they are very fun and cute.

No sort of relationship values though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    I won't spoil it but they are very fun and cute.
    I have seen a few gifs of some dialogue, and it is outstandingly cute. I can't wait for tomorrow at midnight! Daughter and I are both nabbing the DLC and I convinced a friend to do the same. So we are all set for multiplayer at least, and I have my hairstyles to choose from at the start =P Any confirmation on the DLC price for NA anywhere? I assume it will be 7.95 to keep it in line with what I think it was for EU. Either way, should be good. Super excited.

BG Level

Damn it Mina quit making me want to preorder this!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm really looking forward to this.