+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Are there any tricks to mining topazes? I'm trying to get them for my Miner challenge, but all i get are yellow rocks. Is it lucked based? Or is there a trick?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Raising your luck helps.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Managed to sink some hours into it on my day off and am enjoying it a lot! Being able to level everything while in the field makes me not able to explore much without needing to do everything, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that your active Life matters. I was happily cleaving through monsters in the snow cave on my mercenary but that didn't do me much good when I found the talking sword at the back of it! I also had the heartbreak of learning how squishy captured bounties are when I accidentally tried to "save" my giant gem and exploded it with a charged attack...

Finally getting around to unlocking Alchemist, though I think I'll leave Cook alone for now. Grinding crafts isn't too terribly tedious just yet, but my options are limited. Having a hell of a time finding straw without going to a vendor...

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Vendors have good shit. Especially the store bliss bonus. Some things are not worth farming for.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

My first two bliss levels went into upgrading my backpack size. Was debating a horse, but I like killing my way across the fields as-is. I'm just a sucker for inventory space, especially in a game where I'm allowed to have everything available at once.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Horses are not as great. You have to get that bonus for each town. Bag upgrade is best, but if you find yourself with a lot of room, getting +shopping is handy.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Shop upgrade definitely worth getting as you progress through the areas.

I kinda wish this game was fully playable by gathering all your materials, but that's not possible as there are some NPC only mats, and when you start buying... You might as well buy everything.

Personally, I went with gathering 90-95% of my stuff through the story. Now that I've beaten it (level 37 so can't so dlc yet) I'm probably buying everything, unless I happen to have some already.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just made a S.Skill +25% Wand of Dawn. I am very happy with that. Although I probably wont bother going for the 30%. I also hit God on my 7th Life, if anyone needs help or some random item, etc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I just got sent to Port Puerto and am wondering if I'm doing things "wrong" by being level 22. Should I be exploring everything first and then doing the story stuff? I know there's no "correct" way to progress, but I'm wondering if I'm robbing myself of anything by being massively overpowered when it comes to story fights. The Napdragon baby fight was over in one button because my Earthquake was charged by then.

Conversely, I went and fought the Silverfang on the mountain for my adept Mercenary challenge and did not expect to go through so many potions! I found a Jellyking in a cave on Tortuga beach while exploring who put up a similar fight.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not really, story fights are easy, they're meant to be doable in noncombat classes with a dagger. The story is more for the story and opening new locations up.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I was over leveled too until DLC area. Those areas dont fuck around. Dont sweat being overleveled. Its hard not to be.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm about level 42 and still really enjoying the game. I think I'm at the point where I need to start powering through crafting, as some of the bigger monsters are taking quite a bit of time to take down, if I even register damage.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

All of my progress halted when I realized Pokemon Trading Card Game was on the e-shop.

Not sure if this is a plus or a minus.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Just bought this. It's a blast. Like Harvest Moon and Final Fantasy had a child.

I'm putting all level up pluses into all stats evenly. Good idea or should I just focus on a couple stats? My goal is to max out every job/class

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    All of my progress halted when I realized Pokemon Trading Card Game was on the e-shop.

Not sure if this is a plus or a minus.
    Omg Im going to get this.

You can change your stats around later, so do what you like.

Alsk if anyone wants me to make them kick ass weapons or armor just ask. I got like 8 or so classes at god level. Even low level stuff I can make really good.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Make me something kuno!

Beat the game a while back, got everything to master/hero, but still not level 50 to start dlc.

Really close tho!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Make me something kuno!

Beat the game a while back, got everything to master/hero, but still not level 50 to start dlc.

Really close tho!
    What do you want? Weapon/armor? If it's a weapon or tool tell me what kind and skill level you are so I know what you can equip. If it's an armor tell me what armor you want and your level so I know what you can put on.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Uhh Idk, I'm working on hunter right now so I guess a bow?

Archery is 6 (should go up somewhat fast-ish), magic is 8.

Otherwise... Mining and woodcutting 11, fishing 6 (need to work on my fishing :<). Really close to finishing all the requests for woodcutting, just have that celestial tree that I can't damage yet.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yay finally made it to origin island!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Lazy Friday at work today. Will be taking a break from Pokemon TCG to get back to this! I fulfilled my dream of building a 4 Scyther 56 energy deck so the novelty's worn off.

It also didn't help that I know I'm saved as a Blacksmith and was getting ready to make a bunch of stuff to clear out the request log. I can make silver claymores now, and I refuse to move on until I've made myself a top-grade one!