FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Twitch mutes the video client side, means the video source is still the same. There's already a website which "unmutes" muted VODs, you only have to put in the url. Won't be long until a browser add-on does the same. I think that might even be in Twitch's intention, because they have a clean slate and the viewers stay.

Degenxerate

This blows!

I've spent the better part of this year building up a decent twitch following, getting partnership and then a sub button. The main game I have been playing doesn't seem to have the issue where in game music/sound is getting flagged and I don't play music so I haven't really been affected by this aside from maybe 1% or less of my vods. It does suck however because I can see everyone leaving twitch for hitbox and other places. I'm sure thats better in the long run if they provide better services but it does sting a little bit and makes me feel like I've wasted a bunch of time. Hopefully they can sort some of this out.

http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/two-im...-more-to-come/

snippet:
    First, effective tonight, the maximum time limit on highlights will be removed. You will once again be able to create highlights of any length and they will be saved indefinitely.

Secondly, we’re deploying an “appeal” button for VODs that have been flagged for copyrighted music by the new Audio Recognition system. We recognize that the system is not yet perfect. We want to make this system as fair and unobtrusive as possible, and we greatly appreciate your help.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I bet it will be the same broken appeal system from youtube.

Hmm, What Ever Would Make You Think That?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Turns out it's actually worse lol. The appeal button is just a mailto: link, and many folks are getting their 'appeals' instantly and automatically denied.

Lol..

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Twitch archive pulling just got worse.

Brett was experimenting with TwitchApps to see if he could get an unmuted stream to pull. No dice.

We've tried the following now:

jdownloader - HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED DUE TO BUNDLED MALWARE - Failed
    TwitchApps - Failed
    TwitchTools - Sucess at 480p, failed at "live"

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

In other news, when trying to get crafty with Livestreamer to get around it, the workaround no longer works on source quality streams. Those with transcoding enable can still use the 480p and 360p settings to extract a feed with audio (explains why Brett could pull with 480p), but 720p feeds are fucked.