1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    spider123

At Rank 11, choco training gives them 14560 XP.

Side note: Once your chocobo favors one type of feed, you can just give them the cheap Krakka to retain it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Follow up to that, if you feed 10 krakkas in a row will it lose its favorite feed? I've always ensured that I dont feed my choco 9+ krakkas in a row.

Hard to say I guess, Krakka root can't become a favorite feed but that doesn't necessarily mean it can't undo an already established one I suppose.

As long as you don't reward with 10 of the same feed in a row, the favorite feed will be preserved.

eg. favorite is curiel, but it's expensive and I'd rather use it in the field. Reward with 9 consecutive krakkas followed by a gourd or some cheaper item. Counter resets and clear for 9 more krakkas + whatever.

spider123

Mine favored Couriel, and I've been feeding him Krakka for about 4 days straight. It doesn't reset anything as far as I can tell.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ same. Got couriel faved a week ago and been feeding continously with krakka and no reset. Since your choco can't favorite krakka root it can not override it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Found this on ye olde reddit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...sharing#gid=10

It's pretty much packed with all of the chocobo information you could ever possibly want, and up to date as well.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://puu.sh/b26zE.jpg

Saw this on Reddit. Oooooh gat damn.

Dude fed it 30 Berries and 10 Pears all at once.

gat damn that's an ugly color.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Dude fed it 30 Berries and 10 Pears all at once.
    Should've temporarily turned into a fat chocobo

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No one is documenting how many "starts to grow new feathers" messages they receive. And it seems to be RNG-based. Might get ugly to get new bird color that you want.

It also seems like the RGB color theory might be wrong or that feeding your chocobo a certain color will reduce/increase the other two colors. It's interesting to note that someone else reported Raptor Blue (three shades lighter than Orthard pictured above) and all he did was feed Berries (x21).

Quote Originally Posted by Person on OF
    So, after wanting to end my life after my berries not taking any effect, I decided to try out the 6 hour window and see what I could do.

I fed an initial 3 berries and waited 3 hours (I took a nap) and now I fed him 27 more berries and 10 pears to get Orthard Blue (fingers crossed).

If the color is correct after this, that means that you can effectively add more fruit any time in the 6 hours window and still get the intended result, however, I failed to try and alter the ordering of the final fruit to see if it had any effect.
    Since this person is trying to get the exact same color chocobo, he/she can be used as a test subject.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So yeah one dude on OF used 21 Berries and got Raptor Blue. Another used 21 Berries and got Orthard. RGB goes out of the window now partially, it's more than likely based on the number of times color change message pops up ("starts to grow new feathers").

Which makes this RNG. Since I want Storm Blue I'ma start feeding my bird and check for the messages. I'm guessing that based on the dye sheet from light blue to Storm Blue I need to see the message 7 times.

Edit: Alright, fed him 10 berries and saw the message 7 times out of the 10. Will check back in 6 hours.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

What if you were to do a bunch if green berries, wait 6 hours, then do a bunch of blue. Wouldn't it come out to be a shade of purple? Or does it all have to be done in that single 6 hour period?

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    What if you were to do a bunch if green berries, wait 6 hours, then do a bunch of blue. Wouldn't it come out to be a shade of purple? Or does it all have to be done in that single 6 hour period?
    So far what I've been reading is that the person who got purple fed it all at once within the 6 hour period:

17 Deepen Blue, 15 Deepen Red, 18 Lighten Green = Regal Purple!
    The problem is, he didn't state how many times he got the plumage message. I want to believe the lighten green fruit he fed it did absolutely nothing.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Gonna use my girl's bird for science now as well. She ironically wants a Snow White chocobo, so I'ma have her feed it until she sees a message ten times for each of the RGB colors.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Unfortunately that guide means nothing at the moment. Just looking at O'ghomoro Berries being fed alone, we've had one person get Othard Blue with 21 berries while another person got Raptor Blue feeding the same 21 Berries. And now someone reported getting Lavender Purple with 17 Berries.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Seems very precise, just some misreports.

I fed mine 3 Doman Plum, 3 O'ghomoro berries. I was going for Lavender Purple, so when it was put out later today as 17 berries, I gave it 3 Xelphatol to counter the Plums, and fed it 14 more berries.

Turned out exactly as planned.

edit: all in the same 6h cycle, btw.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

so just 17 berries in total?

I wonder if to get plum purple or iris purple, I should use a handful of lighteners on top of your results

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yeah that's supposed to be the way to do it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...aring&sle=true