1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I got Lavender Purple with just 15 berries, so there seems to be a bit of range for given colors.

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I did 15 berries and 4 valfruit to get Iris purple. About halfway through my 6hr cycle so will report back with results.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I fed mine a random mixture of crap before I saw the spreadsheet. Something like 6 pears, 5 apples and 3 berries. Never once did I get the "your chocobo begins growing new feathers" message, which I suppose means that you only get the message when you hit on a combo that actually makes a color? At the end of 6 hours, it was still desert yellow.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Raptor Blue. I'm going out to work now so didn't have time to wait for day for better lightning:

http://i.minus.com/iE1TL4gExNK45.png

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

After the feeding of the 10 Berries, I got Shale Brown. I saw the message 7 times.

Edit: Fed it 10 more Berries, got the message all 10 times this time around. If the chart is to be believed, I should be getting Plum Purple next. Curious similarirty between Shale Brown and Plum Purple -- the value for it's Blue hue is the same (101).

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My bird... became Lavender Purple? It's not even a color registered as a dye, lol.

Edit: I see that agrotc got the same thing earlier. It's an incorrect naming convention -- should be Lavender Blue.

http://s27.postimg.org/wwz7nt13m/ffx...014_085233.jpg

http://s1.postimg.org/8hs8aypta/ffxi...014_085609.jpg

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Got plum purple with the iris purple feeds. Too dark for my liking. Will edit with a picture when I'm on my computer.

Edit:
    Spoiler: show

Update: Fed it 6 valfruit, no message. 1 apple, got message. Another valfruit, no message. Leaving it at that. -_-

And no change. It looks like the valfruit negated the apple.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I really want Ink Blue to match my gear.
    Extremely dark blue. It actually looks like a deep black which is why i use it on gear.

Reading the charts should I focus on purple or blue?

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I really want Ink Blue to match my gear.
    Extremely dark blue. It actually looks like a deep black which is why i use it on gear.

Reading the charts should I focus on purple or blue?
    No clue yet. I'm actually putting together a chart based on the plumage messages people receive. This is what I got so far:

---

Code:
    ---

Blue Shift:

<- Cieldalaes Pineapple | O'Ghomoro Berries ->

???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    Honey Yellow
    Desert Yellow
    Cork Brown/Ul Brown
    Ul Brown/Aldgoat Brown
    Gobbiebag Brown
    ???
    ???
    ???
    Shale Brown (7th Message)
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    Lavender Purple (13th Message)
    ???
    ???
    Lilac Purple
    Lavender Purple (17th Message)
    ???
    ???
    Gloom Purple
    ???
    ???
    Othard Blue/Royal Blue (23rd Message)
    Royal Blue 
    ---

Red Shift:

<- Doman Plum | Xelphatol Apple ->

???
    ???
    ???
    ???/Sylph Green
    Sylph Green
    Desert Yellow
    ???/Millioncorn Yellow
    Millioncorn Yellow
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    Pumpkin Orange (15 Messages)
    Sunset Orange
    Blood Red
    ???

---

Green Shift:

<- Valfruit | Mamook Pear ->

???
    ???
    Cork Brown
    Ul Brown/Rose Pink
    Salmon Pink
    Desert Yellow
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    Apple Green
    Lime Green (15 Messages)
    ---

Extra:

Othard Blue -> Storm Blue = x1 Xelphatol Apple Message
    Sky Blue -> Raptor Blue =  x1 Xelphatol Apple Message
    Coeurl Yellow -> Lime Green = x1 Mamook Pear Message
    Honey Yellow -> Cream Yellow = x1 Doman Plum Message (??)
    Cream Yellow -> Snow White = x10 Valfruit Message -> x6 Doman Plum Message
    Blood Red -> Dalamud Red = x1 O'Ghomoro Berries Message
    Celeste Green -> Sky Blue =  x1 O'Ghomoro Berries Message
    Bone White -> Snow White = x1 Doman Plum Message
    Cream Yellow -> Apple Green = x3 Doman Plum Message
    Sylph Green -> Cream Yellow = x1 Cieldalaes Pineapple

Possible Color Caps: 
    Royal Blue
    Just for the chart, arrowing pointing to the left is brighter, arrow pointing to the right goes darker. Colors below Desert Yellow is dark, colors above is lighter.

Just targeting people who use a single type of berry to go up or down the scale, everything else is tossed into Extra. Would be nice to see if someone else could test apples on their Othard Blue bird until they got a single "growing new feathers" message and then see if it turns Storm Blue to confirm.

The hue shift based on the message itself was confirmed here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post2383322

She tested a single red shift in the light direction, and was able to shift it back to Desert Yellow with a single dark red shift. Based on this, the message is also based on RNG (lol).

I'm almost 100% certain the initial message you get when you feed has no bearing on the color change at all, and you must feed until you get a "starts to grow new feathers" message. The "starts to grow new feathers" message is the color change itself.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Need more people willing to test with a single chocobo coloring food.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It seems you can achieve a Snow White bird by trading enough Valfruits, Pineapples and Plums.

Someone on OF achieved this by seeing: x1 Cieldalaes Pineapple Message -> x1 Doman Plum Message -> x10 Valfruit Message -> x6 Doman Plum Messages.

That's 18 "starts growing new feathers" messages using a combination of lightening foods.

---

People are going to shit bricks when they figure out they are potentially wasting far too many foods to change colors, lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People are going overboard with a lot of the food. Part of it is because the fruits adjust more than just their primary color. Pears state they increase green, but they likely also decrease red and blue. Some people are getting different colors by mass trading in a color (such as pears) and the cause is the -red from the pear. This could more efficiently be achieved by just using the -red fruit.

All speculation ofc.

I also think people are misinterpreting the repeated feather messages. From my experience, youll always get the feather message after the first time you see it. In a way it makes sense, its just reminding you that youll see feather changes soon. However, its covering up any NEW changes that might occur. For example, lets say 10pears is Lime Green and 20 pears is Apple Green. If I fed my choco 20 pears in one sitting I'd see 11 "feathers are changing" messages, the first one starting at feed #10. However, if I did this in 2 feeds - 1st feed 10 pears till I see message, 2nd feed 10 more pears till I see another message - I would end at the same place (apple green), but this time only saw two overall "feathers are changing" messages.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    People are going overboard with a lot of the food.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The outrageous prices on Shroud Soil are fattening my wallet quite nicely.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I also think people are misinterpreting the repeated feather messages. From my experience, youll always get the feather message after the first time you see it. In a way it makes sense, its just reminding you that youll see feather changes soon. However, its covering up any NEW changes that might occur. For example, lets say 10pears is Lime Green and 20 pears is Apple Green. If I fed my choco 20 pears in one sitting I'd see 11 "feathers are changing" messages, the first one starting at feed #10. However, if I did this in 2 feeds - 1st feed 10 pears till I see message, 2nd feed 10 more pears till I see another message - I would end at the same place (apple green), but this time only saw two overall "feathers are changing" messages.
    This seems to be the case so far from what I'm seeing. Which would also confirm why some people are getting such drastic changes with a similar feed. The messages still need to be quantified however, as they are what seems to be the change of color. Based on this, you could play a game of sorts -- feed to trigger, then put in a specific amount of food to land yourself on the color you want.

To continue off this idea, there might be "color caps" as well, where the message will stop being given in a session.

---

Just confirming two things. Just fed my bird 3 berries and got a message on the first feed. I got two more messages there after:

http://s14.postimg.org/s53ncjff3/ffx...014_142930.png

So with that we know:

1.) Message can pop up after the very first feeding.
    2.) After first successful message, subsequent messages are 100%. (As seen by Sigmakan, and my previous data confirms it as well.)

That tells us that it's not RNG to get the color you want, but it's RNG to get the first message to pop up. However it's still unknown the number of color combinations there after.

Gonna check back in 6 hours and see where my bird lands this time.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think there are caps in the sense that each dye color has a RGB range where its considered that color. Thats the only way theyd be able to fit 84 different colors into a space that has 16581375 different RBG permutations.

The next question is if the game keeps track of your RGB score (even if its not officially RGB) or if it only cares what current color you're on. Example:
    You are currently R100 G100 B100 and you feed your choco so he goes +50 Blue, stopping when you get the feathers changing message. Lets say this new color is actually R110 G100 B170. Does the game consider your choco to be that? or what you actually fed it (R100 G100 B150)? This can impact on how you get from Point A to Point B, you could save a lot on fruits if you found the most efficient color shortcuts to get to where you want to be.

Random thoughts, probably made 0 sense.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think there are caps in the sense that each dye color has a RGB range where its considered that color. Thats the only way theyd be able to fit 84 different colors into a space that has 16581375 different RBG permutations.

The next question is if the game keeps track of your RGB score (even if its not officially RGB) or if it only cares what current color you're on. Example:
    You are currently R100 G100 B100 and you feed your choco so he goes +50 Blue, stopping when you get the feathers changing message. Lets say this new color is actually R110 G100 B170. Does the game consider your choco to be that? or what you actually fed it (R100 G100 B150)? This can impact on how you get from Point A to Point B, you could save a lot on fruits if you found the most efficient color shortcuts to get to where you want to be.

Random thoughts, probably made 0 sense.
    It actually made complete sense to me as I mused about the same thing yesterday when I had no idea what was going on. I wanted to believe that based on how it's currently playing out, all that matters are the current dye colors in game, and that RGB might be rounding up or down to the nearest color that has been implemented in game.

Your idea isn't too far off from that, you assume that it continues to change color values until it gets to a color that's registered in game, giving you a "starts to grow new feathers" message. This would make a great deal more sense in trying to figure out why subsequent messages are 100% proc rate after the initial message -- the game locks you into the dye color table once you get the message and you go from there, depending on what fruit you feed. Essentially, combining both theories would mean you could get a Snow White or a Black Soot (current extremes on Dye Scale) chocobo starting from Desert Yellow in one feeding session.

Hope that made sense as a response, lol.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It seems someone on OF had the same idea as we did and he used this simple formula:

Code:
    newColor = currentColor - deepenColorValues;
    newColor = FindClosestColor(newColor)

or 

newColor = currentColor - lightenColorValues;
    newColor = FindClosestColor(newColor)
    It's safe to say this game, as all other games in the history of gaming, uses a RGB scale. However it might just be as simple as adding or removing values until it reaches the closest color. So in fact feeding your bird fruit and not seeing a message doesn't mean the food isn't taking effect, it just means it's not close enough to a color on the dye scale yet, and as such not affected. I have a feeling this is exactly how the system works -- it allows for more dye colors and therefore more Chocobo colors to be added in future.

People panicking on not seeing a color change and then pumping it full of more fruit of various color are only making it harder on themselves, lol.

Make your money now on fertilizer/crops while people try to figure this out over the next week, lul.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There might be a randomization factor after a couple of feeds, where it picks one of two colors when you land on a specific number of messages.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

would be nice if SE would tell us how something works for once. not everything needs to be a social experiment

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

True enough. Though it was fun however and shows that whoever is doing the coding is pretty damn lazy and takes shortcuts, lol.