1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So I guess the real question is, why would it be that way? Is it a failsafe, like "oops I fucked up and fed it the wrong berries, let me reset it by feeding it the wrong berry and then try again"? If the message is given or not given simply because of a rng element thrown in to make players grow/consume more berries, then it makes no sense that a fruit failing to give you a message should overwrite the fruits you already got messages on.

One possibility is that not getting a message might not actually be just a null thing. If it was given a message, it could be "your chocobo stops growing new feathers".

Now I want to know if you feed your choco some fruits and get message, then feed it one and not get message, then feed it again and get message, does it wipe out the effects of the first berries you fed it before no message?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So if I get the "growing new feathers" message, can I keep feeding more to keep changing the color or is it locked into that one color until the change happens and then I try to continue changing it next time?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can keep feeding it, thing is you wont know when youve changed the color again as it'll still give the "feathers are changing" message

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteChocobo View Post
    screenshot please ;o;

Stupid website, should use BG upload more often.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    apples add red and reduce green/blue
    plums increase cyan5 and reduce red
    pears increase green and reduce blue/red
    valfruits increase magenta and reduce green
    berries increase blue and reduce red/green
    pineapples increase yellow and reduce blue
    Great start, but I know at least apples are not accurate.

I had Royal Blue, and I gave it enough apples for a single message and got Regal Purple. The green variable did not change.
    Royal Blue R34 G42 B96
    Regal Purple R95 G42 B71

The best way to test all of these theories is to get 2 people with the same color choco and have them feed the same fruit to a singel message. Have them do this a few times to see if they keep getting the same results.

When I eventually get my alt character to 30 I will mess around with these tests a lot more

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Base Color + 3 Berries (1 Message) > Cork Brown

Just fed 8 berries with 4 messages; will see what that produces from Cork Brown.

Edit: Interesting to note that Cork Brown's RGB scale (197/139/79) actually has a lower B scale than Desert Yellow (216/175/80). Also interesting that the other 2 combinations listed on the SS have 3 berries with 3 Apple/Vail so I'd be curious to see if just the 3 berries produce Cork Brown every time and the extra Apples/Vail those people fed didn't do anything.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Feed 7: Othard Blue -> Royal Blue (3x O'ghomoro Berries, 1 message)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Someone please tell me how to go from Lotus pink to white...

I've gone from Coral > Rose > Colibri > Lotus, I seriously don't know how the fuck to get white

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Getting closer to black by doing 1 message feedings of whatever my lowest color is. If I'm R80 G80 B40, I'd feed a blue which will bring it up a bit, but bring the others down. If I keep cycling through that way I should get it pretty soon. Went Moss Green > Abyssal Blue > Rolanberry Red > Loam Brown just doing that so far.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Getting closer to black by doing 1 message feedings of whatever my lowest color is. If I'm R80 G80 B40, I'd feed a blue which will bring it up a bit, but bring the others down. If I keep cycling through that way I should get it pretty soon. Went Moss Green > Abyssal Blue > Rolanberry Red > Loam Brown just doing that so far.
    Do you have a screenshot of Loam Brown?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've gone from Coral > Rose > Colibri > Lotus, I seriously don't know how the fuck to get white
    How did you get from Coral > Rose > Coli? Friend wants to get from Coral > Coli.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Do you have a screenshot of Loam Brown?
    Not without barding. I didn't think to get one before I fed it again. Here's the best I can do though:

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Gave another O'Ghomoro, this time lowering all 3 colors across the board. I'm well within the range for black for green/blue, I just need red to come 5 points lower.

Kobold Brown:

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Went with a spreadsheet from Reddit. 11 apples, 10 pears and 15 berries. All message feedings. Did the 11 apples first, waited a day and ended up w/Sunset Orange. Did the 10 pears and 15 berries later on in the week, ended up with Lilac Purple. :/ I'll settle for blue, red, or green of some kind at this point. Any ideas?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well, Colibri pink was awfully close to white for me. From colibri pink I did: colibri pink > fed 3 plum (3 msg) > ice blue > fed 1 pineapple (1 msg) > sylph green > fed 1 plum (1 msg) > ice blue > fed 1 valfruit (1 msg), 1 plum (1 msg), 1 pineapple (1 msg) > snow white

You can probably get around some of that obviously. And you may have to add whatever berry undoes whatever you fed it to get lotus from colibri.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston
    Went with a spreadsheet from Reddit. 11 apples, 10 pears and 15 berries. All message feedings. Did the 11 apples first, waited a day and ended up w/Sunset Orange. Did the 10 pears and 15 berries later on in the week, ended up with Lilac Purple. :/ I'll settle for blue, red, or green of some kind at this point. Any ideas?
    I think if you feed it some doman plums (try maybe 3?) and then some O berries (1? 2?) you may get a blue color.
    Of course, it's just a hunch, I don't know exactly how it works yet XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Darker lowers the color # and lighter increases the #, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Feed 7: Othard Blue -> Royal Blue (3x O'ghomoro Berries, 1 message)
    I had royal blue and fed it apples till 1 message and got regal purple. If your willing to test for the sake of science you should do the same to see if we get the same results!

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Had never even stabled a chocobo before last night. I wanted Gloom Purple, so I started feeding the berries in the order that one member in our FC recommended based on this massive spreadsheet he has. Ended up realizing I overfed one fruit by accident, tried to overcompensate, and now my chocobo is light brown. Came back this morning and just fed more berries; this is strangely addicting.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Had never even stabled a chocobo before last night. I wanted Gloom Purple, so I started feeding the berries in the order that one member in our FC recommended based on this massive spreadsheet he has. Ended up realizing I overfed one fruit by accident, tried to overcompensate, and now my chocobo is light brown. Came back this morning and just fed more berries; this is strangely addicting.

It really is. Waking up and checking my color is really fun.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Well, Colibri pink was awfully close to white for me. From colibri pink I did: colibri pink > fed 3 plum (3 msg) > ice blue > fed 1 pineapple (1 msg) > sylph green > fed 1 plum (1 msg) > ice blue > fed 1 valfruit (1 msg), 1 plum (1 msg), 1 pineapple (1 msg) > snow white
    From ice blue, I fed 1 x pineapple (1 message) and 1 x pear (1 message) in one go to get snow white.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

In non color related news:

+ Reply to Thread