1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The Chocobo Thread! My R20 Chocobo out-DPS' pugs

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Tried the 2 pineapples from ink blue but it put me back at kobold brown. At least it's still in the right area like it has been since patch day?
    https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/18...661/vBZmlD.png

Using that chart it shows to use one plum to hit black from kobold brown. Just stop after your first feather message and see if that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I'm trying to get to that path, I want Kobold Brown or Ink blue and I've been stuck on purple for a few days. dalamund > regal > plum > regal > ???? (will find out in 2hrs) Pears took me back to Plum, berries x10 did nothing, fruit x6 did nothing, got message after 2 pears.
    Sometimes you need to feed more than 10 of a fruit to get a message. If you don't get one the color will not change. I'd refer to the chart as well. It's been fairly accurate for myself and a few others. Some FC mates were having trouble, but once they followed the chart they got the results they wanted so it seems fairly solid.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Seshat View Post

Using that chart it shows to use one plum to hit black from kobold brown. Just stop after your first feather message and see if that works?

Sometimes you need to feed more than 10 of a fruit to get a message. If you don't get one the color will not change. I'd refer to the chart as well. It's been fairly accurate for myself and a few others. Some FC mates were having trouble, but once they followed the chart they got the results they wanted so it seems fairly solid.

That's the chart I've been using. My path isn't even on there.

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    That's the chart I've been using. My path isn't even on there.
    Because you're mixing fruit (or so it sounds). The chart goes by one fruit one message, then wait six hours. If that's how you're doing it, aside from a few possible HQs it doesn't quite make sense.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Because you're mixing fruit (or so it sounds). The chart goes by one fruit one message, then wait six hours. If that's how you're doing it, aside from a few possible HQs it doesn't quite make sense.

Gonna restart, I got Plum again from Regal. I only mixed fruits in the beginning.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Gave it a try a few times and it kept giving ink blue. I'm guessing it's just not 100% and will eventually give black instead. It's just a matter of time I guess. At this rate though I feel like I'm going to hit R20 before I get my black bird u_u

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yeah, I was bouncing back and fourth skipping over the color I wanted for about 2 days worth of 6 hour feeds. Was doing at least 3 per day. Eventually it stopped and landed right in the middle where I wanted it. I'd restarted back at desert yellow prior to this phase because I'd mixed the fruits so much my choco didn't seem to know what he was supposed to be. XD Its def. not 100%, but it seems to be the most solid of answers/paths that we have at current. Unfortunately, I can only go by my personal experience/experimentation to try and give advice. But it seems like you're having the same issue I am by going between Ink Blue and Kobold Brown. I was going from Ice Blue to Colibri pink, back and fourth until finally it just landed on Iris Purple. All I can say is just keep trying and don't second guess yourself. The charts and limited info we have help, but ultimately there's luck and RNG involved as well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

I'm curious how you would go about going from snow white -> soot black, as poor as I am I'm not going to attempt anything until I can get some definitive answers. My assumption would be just to feed it one of each darkening and go through each tier of grey till it finally reaches black, but with my experience so far, nothing really makes sense with chocobo feeding.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Rolanberry Red -> (1 pear) -> Regal Purple -> (1 apple) -> Rolanberry Red -> (1 pear) -> Russet Brown -> (1 apple) -> Rolanberry Red -> (2 pears) -> Russet Brown -> (2 berries) -> Rolanberry Red -> (2 berries) -> ???

About to give up. This is fucking stupid.

Rolanberry Red -> (1 pear) -> Regal Purple -> (1 apple) -> Rolanberry Red -> (1 pear) -> Russet Brown -> (1 apple) -> Rolanberry Red -> (2 pears) -> Russet Brown -> (2 berries) -> Rolanberry Red -> (2 berries) -> Kobold Brown -> (1 plum) -> ??

Got Kobold Brown, from here I see a lot of people saying 1 Doman Plum brings it to Soot Black or Ink Blue. Anyone done plum from brown?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Does anyone know if I can feed a Thav. Onion before the chocobo is maxed out for that rank and have it still increase my total maximum?

Don't want to waste one but also am out of food and wanted to feed one more time before I go to bed lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

You can't, unless they've patched it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Don't risk it. Just get to cap (0/whatever) and then use it.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Does anyone know if I can feed a Thav. Onion before the chocobo is maxed out for that rank and have it still increase my total maximum?

Don't want to waste one but also am out of food and wanted to feed one more time before I go to bed lol.
    From page 1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    For the thavnairian onion to work, you must reward your chocobo only after you hit the cap for that rank. Feeding any sooner grants training XP only - no cap raise.
    Edit: Aww, beaten!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Glad I was patient and waited!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Tried from brown and I still got stuck with ink blue. I haven't tried from ink blue however.

In other news:

Damn carrots are starting to cost as much as onions.
    i understand that you can only get ONE barding upon reach ranking 10 on 1 tree, and cannot get another even if you reset with pepper

however peeps also mention that it is POSSIBLE to get 2nd barding and 3rd barding if you break the cap

have you tried getting 2nd barding by maxing out 2nd tree?

i mean, its only 40 allied seals but if you have tried/or willing to try i will be very grateful! XD

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    i understand that you can only get ONE barding upon reach ranking 10 on 1 tree, and cannot get another even if you reset with pepper

however peeps also mention that it is POSSIBLE to get 2nd barding and 3rd barding if you break the cap

have you tried getting 2nd barding by maxing out 2nd tree?

i mean, its only 40 allied seals but if you have tried/or willing to try i will be very grateful! XD
    I believe it was an SE rep that first mentioned that you could get the other bardings, as well as said that using a pepper will not let you get another if you switch at rank 10. I don't think anyone knows yet when you can make the switch to unlock another. I don't want to risk throwing a pepper at it just yet though, as I'm not high enough to cap a 2nd tree yet anyways, but more importantly because I'm still only getting 10 SP per level which will drop me 10 short of maxing all 3 trees.

At the rate I'm going though I should know for sure if we do get another barding in around a week or so. Only < 5,000,000 exp to go for 2 more ranks!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

oh yea just did the calculation, you need rank 16 to cap dps tree my bad :D

gogogo

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

been going back and fourth between plum and regal purple for 2 days. why wont it land on gloom purple

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Finally. Sometimes it gets easy to realize what color is too light. Realized my green was probably still too high when I kept getting purples. One pear from Grape Purple got me to Soot Black.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

once you get into the cycle of ink blue/deepwood green/kobold brown, you are only 2-3 changes away from a black

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteChocobo View Post
    I'm curious how you would go about going from snow white -> soot black, as poor as I am I'm not going to attempt anything until I can get some definitive answers.
    I honestly wouldn't even try to go straight from white to black; you're probably better off resetting back to yellow first.

Just as another data point, the chart worked (almost) perfectly for me to get to Dalamud Red, with one significant exception: it took me multiple instances of more than 10 feeds to get the "growing new feathers" message, so the 10 feeds with no change walls may not actually be walls at all.

Xelphatol Apple x2 -> Millioncorn Yellow
    Xelphatol Apple x9 -> Pumpkin Orange
    Xelphatol Apple x11 -> Sunset Orange
    Xelphatol Apple x12 -> Blood Red
    O'ghomoro Berries x5 -> Dalamud Red

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast