1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Definitely looking forward to more ranks. I miss feeding my bird as crazy as that sounds.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Got my choco to rank 10 DPS and found drg barding in available bardings

Can I retain drg barding, reset choco, dump 10 points in healing/tank and get the other 2? Then reset it again to get it back to DPS? (and get and keep all 3 at the end)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nope gotta hit 20 for all 3.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Doh. Thanks for the confirmation

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I can't help but think whatever is used to break the lvl 20 cap will have something to do with whatever rare items we're able to find using airships. It could potentially suck a lot, or the price will plummet into the ground since so few even have their birds there and people are allergic to gil on my server anyway.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Doh. Thanks for the confirmation
    You get a barding at 10, 16, 20.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm kinda hoping they do something different to unlock new levels. We're already struggling to keep up with the number of bocos we have 10-19. Although xp will slow things down a bit we don't need to be growing even note onions or worse, something completely different.

Need to make bird stats scale with ilvl cause otherwise they're useless as fuck, doesn't help that you can't bring them anywhere but at this point they wouldn't do you any good anyway.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

H4+ bird makes an incredible world of difference in soloing fates for any non-healer job. It is almost impossible to overstate the impact.

For that alone, the bird is worthwhile to me. I look forward to upgrading my juicebox to a flying juicebox very soon.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

They wouldn't be nearly as bad if not for the fact they count as a party slot AND they prevent you from queuing for things. I would have my bird out anywhere and everywhere if it didn't cockblock me from doing so many other things.

And ffs there better be a Choco Medica fix in the works. Higher ranks means more abilities, and those abilities with almost certainly be higher than medica on the list, forcing us to actually take it.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    You get a barding at 10, 16, 20.
    Ah thanks, that sounds.... less bad, but still a major grind. Onions are 275k too... for now lets see what they do with chocos.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Ah thanks, that sounds.... less bad, but still a major grind. Onions are 275k too... for now lets see what they do with chocos.
    With access to FC house/private house gardens and both MIN and BTN at 50, it's a breeze to level a choco to 20. I suspect HW will introduce new seeds and gardening products required to level chocos beyond 20, but it's too early to know the specifics. In any case, I'm holding on to my stocks of onions, choco food, and seeds.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Wait, what does having MIN+BTN at 50 have to do with your chocobo? Gathering soil is all I can think of, since I don't think any chocobo-related seeds are gathered.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Wait, what does having MIN+BTN at 50 have to do with your chocobo? Gathering soil is all I can think of, since I don't think any chocobo-related seeds are gathered.
    You're right in that the deluxe seeds are not gathered, but they're crossbred from seeds that are gathered. Between the two classes, though, gathering soil on MIN is so much more effective in keeping down the cost of gardening.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeks View Post
    You're right in that the deluxe seeds are not gathered, but they're crossbred from seeds that are gathered. Between the two classes, though, gathering soil on MIN is so much more effective in keeping down the cost of gardening.
    Almond Seeds mostly. I'd level BTN to 45, get your BTN retainer to 40, and then just lean on that. Honestly feels like the retainer can get seeds faster than me sometimes, and I don't have to dick around doing it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'd be surprised if they kept using onions to raise the cap. If they do, the prices will be ridiculous for a bit so it's tempting to buy at least a couple just in case.

Krakka Root on the other hand... I have thousands upon thousands of those things ready to go.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    I'd be surprised if they kept using onions to raise the cap. If they do, the prices will be ridiculous for a bit so it's tempting to buy at least a couple just in case.

Krakka Root on the other hand... I have thousands upon thousands of those things ready to go.
    if it doesn't use Onions themselves, you might need to grow a new plant that has to be crossed with Onion seeds. they're not going to make it easier to go 20 > 21 than 19 > 20.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    if it doesn't use Onions themselves, you might need to grow a new plant that has to be crossed with Onion seeds. they're not going to make it easier to go 20 > 21 than 19 > 20.
    That's what I'm worried about. I'm kinda hoping for some kind of training school or something. The number of onions we get through already (medium FC house) is constant work - we don't have room for another type of rare cross breed which takes weeks to get.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Did they say they're raising the rank cap? I figured they'd just leave it alone. Your chocobo matches your level, so it'll get slightly stronger automagically.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes, they did say they're raising the rank cap.