+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pld Advice?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    As an aside, I see too many PLDs tanking shit with Excalibur and I don't recommend Excalibur unless you're DDing or solo. It really offers nothing for tanking. The extra 400-500 damage effect from the special HP additional effect doesn't incur enmity, and the +40 attack is pointless since you're going to be using Atonement exclusively(also does nothing for PLD's subpar hit rate). The new Arendsi Fleuret from Incursion is a great tanking sword for PLD if you don't have Burtgang. Has 27 accuracy, 15 evasion and m.dmg(helps with Lunges or D.Emblem Holy II's). I suppose Anahera Sword is decent too though the acc from the Flueret will help more in terms of keeping hate through Atonement and 2%MDT and 15 shield skill won't noticeably help but the extra acc will for sure.
    Given that the Arendsi Fleuret only has +228 skill, you're overstating its accuracy advantage versus Excalibur. It also has 14 fewer parrying, which may or may not make a difference.

There's also no reason why you shouldn't be using CDC on a normal AA (with MR as a possible exception). It should average at least a little higher while allowing for better SC opportunities. A hybrid DD set should be more than viable on GK Normal- just switch to PDT when he uses Meikyo.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Totally overlooked the skill. Why do they make 119 weapons with less than 242 skill O_o?

Guess I'll switch to Usonmunku.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Totally overlooked the skill. Why do they make 119 weapons with less than 242 skill O_o?

Guess I'll switch to Usonmunku.
    I believe the excuse they used alluvion weapons was something about getting other cool stats and being given some acc to help compensate for that. Shame occult acumen doesn't work for like all offensive spells would actually make that rather nifty to not lose out on tp with all the time you spend flashing

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah I guess Uson is probably the go-to if not Anahera Sword. If damage mitigation isn't too important(which Anahera helps by a few % due to shield skill), then Uson path B helps more for PLE due to the 18ish accuracy, higher base dmg and 7 dex( for cdc). Wish there were more tanky swords for PLD though, something with like 20 enmity on it or something.