1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 15 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anniversary     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I only log in on tuesdays and completely missed any news of any event going on. Thx. :>

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    You're not missing anything, really.
    I just want the Thancred minion.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I just want the Thancred minion.
    Despite my happy post before the free 10 days, I only actually logged in twice, with the second time just being for these minions

Let's see what 2.4 brings...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

More of the same thing. The last turns of Coil in 2.4; another installment of Tower in 2.5. Only notable thing that's out of the norm is the introduction of a new class and job. If that's not what you're looking for, might as well just wait for 2.6 (if there's going to be a 2.6) or the expansion. Unfortunately it's still going to be the same shit since 2.0 for the foreseeable future.

Does anyone think that Lightning Returns will happen again like maybe next year or is this current one the last one? I just wondered because I have to do the last quest still and cannot as of yet due to time constraints.
    thanks for any info, ahead of time.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    Does anyone think that Lightning Returns will happen again like maybe next year or is this current one the last one? I just wondered because I have to do the last quest still and cannot as of yet due to time constraints.
    thanks for any info, ahead of time.
    That all depends on SE. My honest belief would be yes. Them letting the Lightning Returns event kick off outside of the original release date (that would have helped market that game) means that they can activate those quests whenever they want outside of any PR constraints. My advice would be to keep it open until next year anniversary and see what happens. That and check back on OF dev responses to see if they will make a final call on it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I would expect maybe in a year or so, but I also would not be surprised if they did not bring it back. the event has been available 3 times so far, for over 30 days in total. and the reason for bringing it back this time was PR related to their 1st anniversary

Old Merits
    BG Level

Speaking of which, does anyone happen to know if the Wind-up minions will be buyable in the near future? I forgot to buy them and only did the quest for the emote, so now I'm wondering how likely it is for the Calamity Salvager to sell them. Also managed to drop the three Yukatas you get from quests because I had bought twice each of the other ones and got them mixed up; somehow, I really managed to mess up with these two events.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

To answer to both this question and Stowastiq's question - they've made overtures in the past stating that if they implement a cash shop, one of the things they would consider selling is past reward items for events.

So there's always that. Maybe.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Every repeatable yearly event has always sold all of the past years' event items for a pittance of gil. You'll probably be able to purchase them with gil next year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

there is also the calamity vender for the yakuta's

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Calamtiy Vendor only sells stuff from events "you've finished" any events you've missed, the vendor won't sell items from it. (I skipped the new years animal head events, none of the stuff is sold from the vendor for me).

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Calamtiy Vendor only sells stuff from events "you've finished" any events you've missed, the vendor won't sell items from it. (I skipped the new years animal head events, none of the stuff is sold from the vendor for me).
    That's what's weird; I bought all yukatas and finished all quests that rewarded them, but I can't buy anything related to the Moonfire Faire yet. Currently wondering how long it takes for his inventory to be updated.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Probably the same patch that allows you to store that shit in the armoire. (not gonna hold my breath for 2.38; probably 2.4)

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, you definitely can't purchase any items right now. It would make sense to wait for for the Armoire update, as it will more than likely share the same inventory as the Calamity Salvager.