+ Reply to Thread
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Under the Dog (Masahiro Ando) - Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../under-the-dog

http://i.minus.com/iQTxUJkl8LPk0.jpg

The Pedigree:

Director - Masahiro Ando: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell (all of them), Jin-Roh, Sword of the Stranger
    Character/Mech Design - Yusuke Kozaki: No More Heroes, Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Producer - Hiroaki Yura: Haruhi, Steins; Gate
    Story - Jiro Ishii: 428, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
    Studio - Kinema Citrus: ex-Production I.G Staff, so Ghost in the Shell, Eureka Seven, etc.
    CG - Orange: Ghost in the Shell, Last Exile, Macross Frontier, Code Geass, Evangelion reboot

http://i.minus.com/i9U7QaL2DQuf3.jpg

http://i.minus.com/iBUSSYgta0Bdu.jpg

Nearly $600k to produce one episode is steep but it looks like they're assembling top-notch industry folks and studios to make this. Given how incredible Sword of the Stranger is I expect nothing less than the best goddamn action you can pack into 24 minutes. This can happen and I want it to happen.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It looked bad for a few weeks but now it's looking like it will make it somehow. Get in now, last 3-ish days left.

$60+ tiers can now have addons for people who want extra loot

Here's the list:

$30 Blu-ray/DVD
    $30 Original Soundtrack CD
    $10 Challenge Coin
    $55 Art Book
    $30 t-shirt
    $15 Poster
    $25 Storyboard
    $25 Music Score
    $25 Script
    $200 Anthea 1/8 Figurine
    $100 Foldable Utility Box
    For Add-ons: Simply pledge at the $60 tier or higher and then add any additional amount for the desired items listed. When the KS is over we will send a survey to inquire how you would like the extra funds distributed.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah A week or two ago I really didn't think it was gonna make it and I was sad

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

They just hit the 580k they wanted for the project. It shot up pretty fast over the last few hours!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yea I was in on this day 1 when it was posted here. Was very worried it wasn't gonna make it (considering it wasn't even at the half way point a week ago) but it has skyrocketed in the past few days. Did Hideo Kojima's blessing boost it? maybe. Did getting a front page bump by KS as a top 5 film project help? possibly. My big question I have I guess, is where the hell have all these people been?!?! Boy people like to procrastinate and take their sweet time do they.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Kotaku posted about them. They also did a Reddit AMA.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Kotaku posted about them. They also did a Reddit AMA.
    I literally did not know anything about this until the reddit ama last night when it hit my version of the front page. When I pledged last night it didn't seem like it was going to make it, but I woke up this morning and checked in and it was at like 620k. They probably would've made a lot more if they did a small bit of advertising. I love the feel of the teaser, can't wait for the actual release.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

$700k
    36 hours left.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Needs to get to 1.16 mill for the prequel ep to get funded, seems like a stretch but honestly a week ago I thought this was completely dead, that home stretch PR did an amazing job. ( Kojima, reddit ).

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This came out last month for those of you who backed it. I found the first episode to be pretty good. I kinda wish they would continue it but apparently the kickerstarter plus a year of fund raising through paypal wasn't enough to cover the production of the episode we got. Sad, but maybe Netflix will pick it up in the future or something.