Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

How hard is this event to get a party together for and do? Any suggested party makeup advice? should I just do 111s if it's my first time doing it?

I was planning to just heal it on WHM and hopefully grab some DDs and maybe a PLD and see how it goes, but I never se people on my server shouting for this OR Incursion, so I dunno if I can even get a group together for it. (most Skirmish shouts on my server are still for Ra'kaznar) But what would I have to keep in mind if I wanted to try it? i sounds like a lot of fun from what I read (Nyzul was always one of my favorite events so I was ecited when I heard it was Nyzul-ish. I just hope it isn't NNI level hard, especially if I'm just going in with a 111)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Does anyone know if Linos can get "All Songs +1/2" with a Snowdim +1 or does it have to be a +2? Or maybe Snowdim +1 gets you max All Songs +1 and +2 with a +2?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Garris View Post
    How hard is this event to get a party together for and do? Any suggested party makeup advice? should I just do 111s if it's my first time doing it?
    If you're sponsoring the runs, they usually fill quickly since +2 stones are still good money. As for difficulty, it's more about knowing the gimmicks or what a mob has in their arsenal and being able to counter it. It's been awhile since I've done it so can't really list gimmicks or mobs off by name or accurately, but just a couple things that come to mind for Rala; Course charms and can cast death, Urganite goes into shell and dooms/heavy poison/strong ice spikes. Skirmish as a whole usually has weaknesses for 2x damage, magic, elemental, weapon damage types, etc. More info on each NM can prolly be found on the various wikis or through this thread.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aumann View Post
    Does anyone know if Linos can get "All Songs +1/2" with a Snowdim +1 or does it have to be a +2? Or maybe Snowdim +1 gets you max All Songs +1 and +2 with a +2?
    Anyone know?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do anyone have the lowdown on what titles there are and how they are awarded?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone know?
    You can probably be a good ways into a G.Horn with the amount of gil you're possibly going to have to toss at it to get +3 song total.

But to answer your question, +2 to all song augment is most likely from +2 stones.

Campaign
    BG Level

If anybody has access to update THIS PAGE on BG wiki I just got Elemental Siphon +10 on Keraunos with a Leaftip NQ stone.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Garris View Post

I was planning to just heal it on WHM and hopefully grab some DDs and maybe a PLD and see how it goes, but I never se people on my server shouting for this OR Incursion, so I dunno if I can even get a group together for it. (most Skirmish shouts on my server are still for Ra'kaznar) But what would I have to keep in mind if I wanted to try it? i sounds like a lot of fun from what I read (Nyzul was always one of my favorite events so I was ecited when I heard it was Nyzul-ish. I just hope it isn't NNI level hard, especially if I'm just going in with a 111)
    It is a pretty easy event, we did it earlier today w/o a WHM. Had myself on BLU and a BRD curing everything.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

However the target audience going for the 119 weapons in there you get with a shout might often not be that well geared. The NMs are still able to dish out a considerable amount of dmg vs non-119 people.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    One hefty amount of Conserve MP on there

Sechs:

Never seen any combined Pet Mab/Macc
    What stones are used to get those augments if I might ask?

Campaign
    BG Level

Much likely he used Snowdim for the first two (which are a single one) and Leafdim for the Conserve MP.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Whats the highest wsd+% augment possible?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Effects from Eudaemon items taken from here http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/con.../alluvion.html

Even with reduced damage on Shield it still seems best to me, with the current powercreep, in order to not run around like a chicken searching for things.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm not sure I get that table.
    Monster ==> the type of monster we'll encounter using that eudamon part?
    Beneficial effect ==> bonus granted to us, the players?
    Detrimental effect ==> bonus granted to the monsters that will be spawning?

This doesn't explain the different NMs that will pop neither their different gimmicks though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Special foes may be present in an Alluvion Skirmish depending on the type of eudaemon segment used and the area where the battles take place. These monsters confer special benefits and weaknesses on all enemies appearing within the Skirmish, including bosses. These effects are naturally double-edged swords, and which monsters confer which effects can be found in the table below
    It's pretty much 1 special monster that CAN pop for any given Eudaemon item depending on the area you use it with. When you kill it you benefit from the first effect but monsters will gain the 2nd. The table on the source website is much nicer. Take a look there.

EDIT: Ah what the hell there is Screenshots for a reason!

Campaign
    BG Level

But then "Special monsters" are not the NMs (which change from eudamon item to eudamon item). What are these special monsters then? The differently coloured acuexes?

They also do not mention Balamor, even though they posted a screenshot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The Special monsters are the NMs

Campaign
    BG Level

Then they call them "special monster" first and "bosses" further down in the text. Odd...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone know?
    I did Alluvion for the first time yesterday, managed to get me a Linos. After about a stack and 1/2 of +1 snowdim's, I got +2 to All Songs.

I would have tried my luck with +2 Snowdim, but they're aren't many.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Sechs, its pretty obvious what the table is telling you. Each zone has a monster that follows from floor to floor if left alone and this NM is determined by Eudaemon item used. This special NM triggers certain events if killed, and those special events are outlined in the table above.

It has nothing to do with the floor bosses (Elasmoth, Giant Gnat, Corse, etc etc).