BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    someone posted this on XIAH:

http://puu.sh/aRl95/873efac426.jpg

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44...hes/1/#2685974

so yeah, possible. brd mules around the world may now rejoice
    I can finally drop the twenty +3 instruments I have for the BRD I never play \o/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SE never said the patterns in each category correspond to what drops that category tends to give. Just as a random example, they could have physical weak mobs in shield, magical weak mobs in blade, mobs that attack slowly and do single targeting WSs that favor NIN tanks in ring, mobs that attack quickly and hard that favor PLD in cape, and mobs that have relatively low HP but spam death that favor pet jobs in sash.

Just because the drops are in the pattern of 5 they mentioned doesn't mean the setups one might build for each one follow that pattern too.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dannyl View Post
    I find the explanation of Eudaemon interesting. So you can take a party of 6 white mages, use Cape, and expect what? NPCs that you can heal bomb as your objective?
    Eudaemon's is almost suggesting that you stack based on the advantage rather than have a balanced mixed of jobs as done previously?

edit: and inverted to account for the disadvantage is...... high HP mobs since you have 6 WHMs? or blunt-resistant mobs? so lost lol
    I was wondering if the "disadvantage" would be for the mob - so you get two buffs and the mobs get two weaknesses. Who knows though. They say it is by jobs but I just have a really hard time imagining how they would divide up the jobs... pets is obvious but the other ones aren't necessarily. Hard to imagine what kind of bonus they could imagine would outweigh the disadvantage of non-diverse parties. If the buffs were to the specific things (pets + attack or something) rather than because of the jobs that would make more sense... but SE doesn't always make sense.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They never said the buffs are by jobs, either, only that you might benefit from them depending on your job. If the buff for that zone and NM is attack boost, a white mage isn't going to get much from it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did a Rala IV V V ring earlier, got stuck on the 4th or 5th jump, killed the Mist NM, but a Cairn didn't pop.

On the first floor there was a black twithyrm Erratic Twithrym, seems to have an extremely high intimidation rate, not really sure what removed it or if we just got lucky and some attacks went through on it, seemed to die quickly as long as we could get off hits. It mentioned something along the lines of a gale sweeping through the area, removing the enemies armaments, making them less fearful. No drops from it, but it did grant the title "Queller of of Otherworldly Gales."

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Did a Rala IV V V ring earlier, got stuck on the 4th or 5th jump, killed the Mist NM, but a Cairn didn't pop.
    This happened to us twice in two separate 3/3/3/shield runs. Both times the NM was the Corse guy.

No main objective text update when we killed it, and no notification of cairn spawning. Ran around the zone for ~20 minutes, cairn was nowhere on widescan. We DID get the updated rewards for killing the Mist NM when we used our Fenestral Key though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    but it did grant the title "Queller of of Otherworldly Gales."
    That's just the generic title for clearing the zone with V body. Clear meaning you keep going until the Cairn stops popping, which seems to be 6 "floors" using tier5 body(total potential floors seem to be body tier+1). It's a real shame how it forces you to stop, it would have been a nice reward for the better players to have the option to keep going as long as they wanted.

Third potential title is if you kill the jester, which takes priority over the others. After doing about 5-6 or so 5/5/5 runs, we've only got the jester floor once.

As far as augments go, I've been able to get +18 macc/mab combo on the staff, along with 12% cure potency. I wonder if it's possible to get 30/30 for the macc/mab combo, I've had a +24 macc single augment, but I don't think I've seen higher than 18 yet for the combo aug.

Did a Cirdas 3/5/4 with sword, found multiple off-colored purple acuex (rather than blue, they looked like the yecuex from ra'kaz skimrish) on various floors that dropped 3 +2's when killed, also got the unique jester boss, which dropped the scythe and about 6 +2's. overall on the run we got 14 various +2's.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Snoworb Stone: Pet: MAB+1~13, Pet: Acc/R.Acc+4~9, Pet: Atk/R.Atk+1~4, Pet: Eva+6
    Snoworb Stone +1: Pet: MAB+11, Pet: Atk+10, Pet: DEF+4~5, Pet: M.Acc+6~19, Pet: Eva+3, Pet: M.Eva+16
    Snoworb Stone +2: Pet: M.Eva+10, Pet: Acc/R.Acc+14, Pet: DEF+10, Pet: Eva+14,
    Leaforb Stone: Avatar Perp-1
    Leaforb Stone +1: Repair Potency +2%

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shield:
    Leafslit+1: Magic Accuracy +7 Double Attack +2 (one augment)

Snowtip+1: Magic Attack Bonus + +9 Double Attack +2 (one augment)

I double checked before trading... yah, Tip/Slit gave me magic stuff on shield along with each one (Snow, leaf) giving me Dbl Atk+2 as the secondary augment.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

if you get a 2-stat augment from one stone, does using the other kind of stone overwrite one or do you get a third stat?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Staff :
    Leafslit Stone +2 : Elemental Siphon +25

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    if you get a 2-stat augment from one stone, does using the other kind of stone overwrite one or do you get a third stat?
    3 stats, I'd assume you can get 4 if you're lucky. There's a few screen shots in this thread of things like 10 acc 10 att 1 dbl att, etc.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Have done several 555 Rala and we got the Jester-like NM on every run, which usually happened on the 3-5th floor. This last run we did before the maintenance, I wasn't counting but it seemed like 8 floors we got too, and the objective was to kill 100 Stormy Auchs to have the Mist NM pop, with only 3 minutes left. And after we killed the Jester NM we almost always got the Gallu NM every time.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    That's just the generic title for clearing the zone with V body. Clear meaning you keep going until the Cairn stops popping, which seems to be 6 "floors" using tier5 body(total potential floors seem to be body tier+1). It's a real shame how it forces you to stop, it would have been a nice reward for the better players to have the option to keep going as long as they wanted.

Third potential title is if you kill the jester, which takes priority over the others. After doing about 5-6 or so 5/5/5 runs, we've only got the jester floor once.
    Ah, makes sense on the titles. Saw your pic earlier with the boss in Rala and the title gotten, figured that was the clearance title for Rala.

Are you certain that's how the floors work though? I'm positive in our V V V Cirdas run we cleared 8 floors, and a Cairn appeared to go up another but we were out of time. We had the boss on the 5th floor, does that perhaps allow you to continue further?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The emergency maint last night fixed and issue with Cairns and stuff popping behind doors that can't be opened. Might be why some people weren't seeing Cairns pop or w/e. If the door lead to another "map" then that would explain why it didn't appear on wide scan either. I'm just speculating though since I haven't tried this skirmish yet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This event is surprisingly fun; and having to do old skirmish a good enough "gate" without being too annoying but good enough so we can't spam it 24/7, the weapon model are awesome, I just hope some good augment come out of it or something and it would be a great event.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    This event is surprisingly fun; and having to do old skirmish a good enough "gate" without being too annoying but good enough so we can't spam it 24/7, the weapon model are awesome, I just hope some good augment come out of it or something and it would be a great event.
    You can buy Eudemon items for very cheap since they really do drop a lot. It's not really a gate anymore just 2 days after update.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

oh that's lame; that was a decent not too annoying gate for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast