Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Actually, if I remember correctly, using Byrth's Translate addon I saw it come up as {Albion} Skirmish in a JP shout as well. So that may be accurate, or it may be just that you and his translator agree.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Also Staff found with:

Slot 1: MAB 11
    Slot 2: Magic Burst Damage +2

All the more reason Ghorn should get Massacre Elegy or something

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

There's no v sound in japanese, it's interchangable with b, just like l and r. Hence why Vegeta is pronounced as "Begita" in JP DBZ and Vega is pronounced Bega in SF.

Also alluvion is a real word unlike albion and is a variant of alluvial(similar to how empyrean is a variant of empyreal), and it means to be inundated or flooded.

Cant wait for a 4 song harp either, duarbdala can keep its duration, i just want that 4th song slot.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah...This excites me. I mean...REM still have their epeen factor to them regardless. I really won't mind people dealing the same damage with easier weapons...I still will look more bad ass in the long run

(I actually got my gjalla 2 months ago - not even mad)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

you all know this means they will design content catered to people haveing now +4 song bards with 3 songs out
    (which is totally fine)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Now we just need OAT on wpn or ws dmg+20%/tp bonus +100!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

oh god, lmao

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Theres no telling how that +3 came, that could be 80 +2 stones tossed at it.

My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol.
    Maxed brd here. Real glad they decided to do this to help out the poor mages receiving weak ballads from shouts. however, people seem to be making this out to be some giant fuck you to brds. but lets get some perspective; there was already +3 instruments. anything ghorn did buff wise was already pretty much on par with a well prepared non relic brd. you could cap magic haste with +3 march harp, and even now with additional magical haste options, that becomes even more irrelevant. and the difference between duration and potency of other songs was around 12s and ~3 potency (3 vs 4). not a massive difference there. the only main difference was ballad, but was easily compensated by playing a 3rd ballad. what made ghorn awesome was that you could get by doing 1 ballad if you had to, or you could give backline marches along with ballad while mp was still fine. the other perk to ghorn was obviously it's magic accuracy. yes, that is a real thing still. any group of players still managing to do VD+ equivalent fights, you will notice quite the difference. even with carn+ghorn+maxed macc set, i still resist on some of the hardest content in the game (~20-30%)

either way, Im glad they are making some things more accessible to people. however, I am sure there will still be those lazy players that will choose to only play in their 90 daurdabla or terpander and give no regard to +song instruments anyway.

EDIT: for the relic brds, what should be real interesting to you is that you can get song casting time on the linos? if thats the case, you can achieve an 80% casting time before magian staves now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Song Casting Time - is definitely in the table of augments. Though I haven't seen it ON a Linos yet.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Incoming Augment info. Got a Snowdim +1 and an Axe I'm going to use it on, and a Snowtip +2 that I'm going to use on the Bow.

Snowdim +1 on Axe: Magic Attack Bonus +1
    Snowtip +2 on Bow: Ranged Accuracy +16

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    If you created your horn after Adoulin: yes, I think it's fair, because you should have seen this coming at some point.

If you created your horn before Adoulin: no, I don't think it's fair, but you should have prepared yourself for this near inevitability quite some time ago.

Either way, no sympathy.
    The only way you could have seen this coming is if you assumed SE was lying...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Lol I don't get why ppl is mad coz the +4 song linos..... Ghorn is so easy to get and common that probably getting the +3 augment could be harder than just buying the currency/marrows

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

considering how shifted that 3 is, I think its photo shopped lol. but that's just me

http://imgur.com/f8o2YDw

Campaign
    BG Level

Would it be so surprising if it were real?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

That 3 does seem to be a bit too high compared to the +, but someone would need to confirm/deny the owner of the flute. Until then, it may not be real. They said Ochain is the ilvl equivalent of 150 I believe, which is why they said they werent 119ing it, but I wonder if Ghorn will get a 119.

To be honest, i don't have ghorn yet(stage3) but with a leibrailg+2 with CHR+5 M.ACC+25, brd reforged gear which has like 20-29 m.acc not counting +30CHR per slot, macc rings, waist,earrings,grip,neck, I have no trouble landing elegy,threnody or lullabies on everything except the most resistant. It's moot I think too, because you'll land at least your first round of debuffs with Troubadour anyway which, with duration gear, should last quite a long time. There isn't a dearth of m.acc gear for brd where ghorn is necessary to land anything, unless you really want to stick Nocturne on Tax'et. Maybe if they increase the song potency cap based on skill past 500 combined skill, ghorn will be better, or introduce new songs where potency is based on CHR.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Would it be so surprising if it were real?
    I don't play BRD but as a bystander who benefits from songs, I think it is a bit far stretched.

Not to mention, the chances of getting the same secondary augment (occasionally quickens casting) with this large of a pool, is fairly low chance.

But I'm just stating my observation. For all I know, it could be real lol.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Pretty decent augment I saw someone with:

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    I don't play BRD but as a bystander who benefits from songs, I think it is a bit far stretched.
    I too think they shouldn't have gone past +3 (total), but appearently the majority of players are happy so I guess it's only right things went this way.

Not to mention, the chances of getting the same secondary augment (occasionally quickens casting) with this large of a pool, is fairly low chance.
    Think you misunderstood how it works.
    Each weapon has two buff slots, one that you get with Snow- stones, another that you get with Leaf- stones. So pretty easy to change the second buff without ruining the first one.

Anyway, some further data if anybody wants to start compiling everything we posted here it would be awesome.

Linos
    Leaftip => Breath magic taken -3%
    Snowtip => Macc+3, attack+3, mab+2, mab+1
    Snowslit => Macc+2, mab+6, Att+7
    Snowslit +1 => Att+7, Acc+2
    Snowdim => mab+3
    Snoworb => Mab+8
    Leaforb => Avatar perp-1, Pet: PDT-2%

Keuranos
    Snowslit => Att+2, Att+5, MEva +3
    Snowdim => Acc+4
    Snowdim +1 => (Macc+1, mab+1),
    Snowdim +2 => Macc+17
    Snoworb => (Pet: Att+3, Ratt+3)
    Snoworb +2 => (Acc+10, Racc+10), (Acc+10, Racc+10, yes... again)
    Leaforb => Pet: Haste+2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast