BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I too think they shouldn't have gone past +3 (total), but appearently the majority of players are happy so I guess it's only right things went this way.

Think you misunderstood how it works.
    Each weapon has two buff slots, one that you get with Snow- stones, another that you get with Leaf- stones. So pretty easy to change the second buff without ruining the first one.

Anyway, some further data if anybody wants to start compiling everything we posted here it would be awesome.

Linos
    Leaftip => Breath magic taken -3%
    Snowtip => Macc+3, attack+3, mab+2, mab+1
    Snowslit => Macc+2, mab+6, Att+7
    Snowslit +1 => Att+7, Acc+2
    Snowdim => mab+3
    Snoworb => Mab+8
    Leaforb => Avatar perp-1, Pet: PDT-2%

Keuranos
    Snowslit => Att+2, Att+5, MEva +3
    Snowdim => Acc+4
    Snowdim +1 => (Macc+1, mab+1),
    Snowdim +2 => Macc+17
    Snoworb => (Pet: Att+3, Ratt+3)
    Snoworb +2 => (Acc+10, Racc+10), (Acc+10, Racc+10, yes... again)
    Leaforb => Pet: Haste+2
    Yeah I assumed the +song and quickening spellcast was from the same stone, since you can get multiple augments from a stone. Forgot the possibility of it being augments from different stones =D

My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    That 3 does seem to be a bit too high compared to the +, but someone would need to confirm/deny the owner of the flute. Until then, it may not be real. They said Ochain is the ilvl equivalent of 150 I believe, which is why they said they werent 119ing it, but I wonder if Ghorn will get a 119.

To be honest, i don't have ghorn yet(stage3) but with a leibrailg+2 with CHR+5 M.ACC+25, brd reforged gear which has like 20-29 m.acc not counting +30CHR per slot, macc rings, waist,earrings,grip,neck, I have no trouble landing elegy,threnody or lullabies on everything except the most resistant. It's moot I think too, because you'll land at least your first round of debuffs with Troubadour anyway which, with duration gear, should last quite a long time. There isn't a dearth of m.acc gear for brd where ghorn is necessary to land anything, unless you really want to stick Nocturne on Tax'et. Maybe if they increase the song potency cap based on skill past 500 combined skill, ghorn will be better, or introduce new songs where potency is based on CHR.
    I think the most resistant is what is really relevant. some players or groups strive on doing the hardest content in the game, and hardest content in the game will usually require the best gear in the game because that is generally how SE designs content (ie VD). however, if you dont do that, then the linos path is perfectly fine for your groups play style, in regard to the macc argument. I know personally my groups play style is always doing the hardest content, so I always get BIS. even with that, I will hit resists with finales in VD scaling BC or even elegy/nocturnes on tier4/5 nms/bosses in delve2. I always aim for consistency.

i think linos is a good stepping stone for the devoted bards into getting a ghorn or even fine for the casual shout brds.

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

club:
    leafslit +1 (x2): haste +2, pdt -1%
    snowdim +1: macc +7 & matb 7

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    They said Ochain is the ilvl equivalent of 150 I believe, which is why they said they werent 119ing it, but I wonder if Ghorn will get a 119.
    I believe they said something along the lines of it's block rate... but overall it's not even close to being ilvl 150 though. With reprisal up priwen demolishes it.

Based on about how much skill it takes to increase block rate and about how much skill is increasing per ilvl to get the same block rate as ochain would be indeed be around 150... however given the rate of def increases currently on pld shields I wouldn't be too surprised if an actual ivl 150 shield wouldn't have enough def on it to give -100% dmg on block while ochain is only 66%. Assuming no weird tricks like priwen or reprisal in general on higher level stuff like lvl 126 mobs in terms of total dmg prevented probably like ilvl 131-132. With it scaling much better on easier stuff (ie when you can overcap with ochain) and as previously mentioned if that's just base dmg prevention just from increases in skill and def... if they do other things like priwen's enhanced reprisal or beatific's increased block rate etc it could be as low as 119 as seen with Priwen

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    I think the most resistant is what is really relevant. some players or groups strive on doing the hardest content in the game, and hardest content in the game will usually require the best gear in the game because that is generally how SE designs content (ie VD). .
    Se claims to design content including VD around being able to be beaten without stuff like REM ie like the next best thing

Sea Torques
    BG Level

More details on Balamor's Adumbration attacks :
    Feast of Arrows : Physical AoE + Bind
    Regurgitated Swarm : Magical AoE + TP reset + Paralyze + Knockback
    Cruel Joke : AoE Doom
    Setting the Stage : Frontal Magical AoE + Amnesia + Slow
    Last Laugh : Frontal HP Drain (2000~, possibly a Throat Stab type move)
    One of his normal hits inflicts a 57 HP/tick Bio.
    Does a random special ability under 50% (confirmed so far : Chainspell, Perfect Dodge, Invincible)

My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Se claims to design content including VD around being able to be beaten without stuff like REM ie like the next best thing
    that hasn't always been the case. there has been many nerfs over the years. some newer ones include the multiple delve nerfs, weapon buffs, and the set difficulties on BCs. SE has always designed the hardest content around the top obtainable gear (aka ilvl 119s or REM equivalents now). when the new ilvl content hits, it wont be based around 119 anymore, but the new ilvl (and from what i understand, REMs will also scale to the new ilvl)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

why would the hardest content in the game be beatable with less than the best gear? lol

My #1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Bukadan View Post
    why would the hardest content in the game be beatable with less than the best gear? lol
    players that can adapt and compensate for loss of stats through other means can do it. its just more difficult and requires more effort/coordination. when delve was first released, these types of players managed to beat the hardest content with 113> gear. it just becomes more manageable and realistic for the majority with 119.

ilvl119 based content (gear) is nearing an end, and when the next ilvl hits, it will be doable for those same types of players upon release through the logic above.

i think people overestimate the power differences between 119 weapons and REM. many things are near identical or within single digit %s. instrument has finally "caught up", but it still has its perks in certain situations, just like any other 119 vs REM situation. for example, aftermath weapons aren't as good if you aren't actually keeping up aftermath (ie running around a lot, not benefiting from most of its duration)

Aramaic

Aegis as an example if made ilvl 119. Based of the def mod (remember already blocks 82% dmg) and shield skill mod it would gain based on existing relic algorithm. Would block damn near 100% dmg, block almost as much as an Ochain and you would still take almost no magic dmg. Alot of that again is based off all the adjustments SE has previously made to shield to help gap cover the shields they had been releasing lately.

Not sure how broken horn would go based off extra singing/wind skill that they would obtain but can only assume they would want to also push the +song category to the point of having buffs that would easily cap any category possibly off just one song of category type. Maybe they will revisit these when they do the 127 gear they talked about.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    that hasn't always been the case. there has been many nerfs over the years. some newer ones include the multiple delve nerfs, weapon buffs, and the set difficulties on BCs. SE has always designed the hardest content around the top obtainable gear (aka ilvl 119s or REM equivalents now). when the new ilvl content hits, it wont be based around 119 anymore, but the new ilvl (and from what i understand, REMs will also scale to the new ilvl)
    I'm just saying that they say they aren't designing it around the best gear but something normalish that is good and they said that recently like since SoA came out. But yes sometimes they get it wrong and sometimes they just make things easier to get afterwards because that's how this game has always worked. Start it hard for the hardcore ease requirements as newer stuff comes out

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aramaic View Post
    Aegis as an example if made ilvl 119. Based of the def mod (remember already blocks 82% dmg) and shield skill mod it would gain based on existing relic algorithm. Would block damn near 100% dmg, block almost as much as an Ochain and you would still take almost no magic dmg. Alot of that again is based off all the adjustments SE has previously made to shield to help gap cover the shields they had been releasing lately.
    I think you don't realize how poorly aegis blocks right now lol.

On lvl 126 mobs it currently is ~12% if they gave it skill it would most likely just be the 112 that the other ilvl 119 shields get which would only be another 24% while ochain is at 70%

Or for something lower lvl 111 mobs aegis is at 34.54% the skill would bump that up to 58ish but still nowhere near ochain's 90.98%

Aramaic

Sorry meant from a standpoint of staggering reprisal and palisade for much higher overall block rate. But ya needless to say we won't get an update to shield or horn so I guess the point is moot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I just came across this on a JP SAM.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps03f83365.png

And I have this on my Bow. +2 Snowtip Stone and a +1 Leafslit Stone got me this....

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...psb8a7e4fd.png

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Missed my chance to screenshot it, but just saw Accuracy+10, Occ. quickens spellcasting +3% on a PLD shield. Put that OQS on some mage equipment and now we're talking...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aramaic View Post
    Not sure how broken horn would go based off extra singing/wind skill that they would obtain but can only assume they would want to also push the +song category to the point of having buffs that would easily cap any category possibly off just one song of category type. Maybe they will revisit these when they do the 127 gear they talked about.
    That would be silly and completely invalidate any reason to bring a Cor or Geo as a replacement, or even a second buffer. 1 Minuet, 1 Madrigal, 1 March, and 2 Minnes or Scherzo for so much att, acc, haste, and defense that you'd be capped and set on anything, nevermind ballads on your backline? Brd and Cor do need to be a bit rebalanced buff wise to match what they've given Geo, but not by allowing Brd to just cap out each relative stat with a single buff.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

After figuring out -orb stones are for petstuff, I decided to use them on my staff:

Spoiler: show
    Keraunos (Staff):

Snoworb +2

Pet: DEF+12
    Pet: EVA+12
    Pet: DEF+18
    Pet: EVA+11

Snoworb +1

Pet: Meva +5
    Pet: Atk+10 Ratk +10
    Pet: DEF +13
    Pet: MAB +11
    Pet: MAB+17
    Pet: Meva+4

Snoworb NQ

Pet: ACC+6 RAAC 6
    Pet: DEF+6
    Pet: Meva +1
    Pet: Atk +2 Ratk +2
    Pet: Eva +3

Leaforb +1

Pet: Haste +2
    Pet: Regen +2
    Pet: Regen +3

Leaforb NQ:

Ava Perp -1

So 19 Stones didn't lead to any off-path augments for me

Also does it seem to anyone else that Snow- stuff is way more common than Leaf- stuff? Bahamuts AH is filled to the brim with Snows yet barely any Leaf.

Am I the only BRD here that DOESN'T want OQS at all???

When using NITRO songs cast practically instantly anyway, and when not, the last thing I want is to cast while still wearing my -cast time gear instead of potency...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post

When using NITRO songs cast practically instantly anyway, and when not, the last thing I want is to cast while still wearing my -cast time gear instead of potency...
    gearswap makes oqs godlike

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you don't want OQS it means you don't use Gearswap.
    Altough I have to admit for BRD even outside of NiTro we're talking about 80% cast reduction... uhr... the difference is not so huge let's say.
    I can see OQS more useful for mages because of the fact not only OQS makes the spell instant but it also resets the cooldown, so you could spam nukes like no tomorrow.
    You don't really have this issue with buffs on BRD. Arguably on debuffs but even there it hardly makes a huge difference.

It's still better to have than to have not of course.

@Lyra
    Wish I could have got that Pet: Mab+17... Only thing I got with the +2 snowOrb stones I used is Att+10/Ratt+10, TWICE.
    Keuranos with Mab+17 is an excellent staff for Magic BPs on SMN.
    Kinda disappointed about the Leaforb stones, if they only give Regen or Haste it's a bit meh. But after all we already know that Snow- is sorta for offense and Leaf- kinda for defense.
    Oh and yes, Leaf stones seem rare on my server too. Maybe it's a matter of the type of Eudaemon part used? I don't know really...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast