+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    People give me shit for it but I cook a weeks worth and tupperware them all on Saturdays, then just take them out as I eat them. I'm told keeping chicken in the fridge for 6 days is gross, but idgaf and it tastes fine to me.
    I normally do 4-5 days. Right now have like layered bowl thing going. Pineapple on top of grilled chicken marinaded in teriyaki and thai sweet chili sauce on top of steamed broccoli and carrots on top of brown rice. Each serving has been better and better.

Psh, I really push the limit on leftovers and such.

Chicken I'll do 7-12 days max typically, Red meat about 7 days, and fish 5 days or so. Anything else is mostly just a look/smell/taste test. I think 2.5w was the most I went on like mac n cheese.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    I normally do 4-5 days. Right now have like layered bowl thing going. Pineapple on top of grilled chicken marinaded in teriyaki and thai sweet chili sauce on top of steamed broccoli and carrots on top of brown rice. Each serving has been better and better.
    How many cal / serving size is this? Trying to think of some good recipes to do. Right now it's just gonna be the chicken + rice for few days but maybe for future.

Do you guys eat this 2-3 times a day or more?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Gotta say, it's very overwhelming seeing you guys responding to and supporting one another in this thread.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    For those of you who do the chicken breast + rice + portioned out meals business how do you guys do it? Cook all the chicken breasts at once then freeze them (fridge them?)? Cook the rice all at once and put it in the fridge?

Do you portion it out into meals as soon as you cook it and like store it separately and stuff?

Thanks.
    I just take them out of the packaging and immediately freeze all but one or two breasts. I portion out only what I'll eat for the day and wrap the rest up and back to the freezer/refrigerator. I know a couple of people who will cook for a week and then store it in multiple Tupperware, which is also effective if you really want to focus on portion control.

Alternatively, I'll have some peanut butter on some rice cakes or 12 grain wheat bread depending, with a banana and some milk.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How many cal / serving size is this? Trying to think of some good recipes to do. Right now it's just gonna be the chicken + rice for few days but maybe for future.

I eat about 6 times a day, but smaller portions (~2 meals over 400 cal, possibly a 3rd SLIGHTLY over 400). Larger breakfest, baby carrots at work for a snack along with a couple small snack/meal bars throughout the day, light yogurt/banana/fiber one/apple on break, larger dinner, evening - if I get hungry - is either tuna, a protein bar, or a cheat snack along with, if thirsty for something other than water, diet soda or milk.

Edit after thinking it over a few more minutes: I know you're probably aiming for deficit as opposed to adding mass, and mine's aiming for maintain / slow, gradual mass, but even if the goals are different I would strongly recommend eating 3+/day with a variety of foods. Food is so critical to body shaping, more than the exercise IMO. A variety will give you a wider range of nutrients and the lack of monotony in meals will help you keep to a diet better.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Been keeping an eye on this thread as I'm trying kick-start my weight loss again after only maintaining for the past three months...

One of the things I've kinda always taken to heart (though not sure how correct it is) is that if you're trying to lose weight never drink your calories. To this end I drink only water 99% of the time and stay away from smoothies and stuff.
    This seems to hold true for me, I can have a good diet and exercise plan but the only time I see any positive results on the scale is when I cut out all drinks except for water.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Streaming chest/arms starting in 15 mins

https://www.youtube.com/user/CreamSodaFitness

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

One of the things I've kinda always taken to heart (though not sure how correct it is) is that if you're trying to lose weight never drink your calories. To this end I drink only water 99% of the time and stay away from smoothies and stuff.

Even good fruit juice is still like 100ish calories per glass with little or no protein contribution to your diet. It adds up quick.
    I think this is something I need to consider strongly. Giving my diet another good look-over, I think I eat too much fruit and thus, too such sugar. Where as I'm lacking in the veggie department. My other big addiction is tea. Simple black tea with some sugar in it too. I drink it waaaaaaay to often lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I had to get away from tea because of the caffeine. No soda, energy drinks or tea has made a pretty good dent in the daily calorie issue for me. There are some 0 cal flavored drinks that aren't terrible, if you don't mind the Sucralose (and it's associated risks).

This is my fav: http://www.globalindustrial.com/prod...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Keep this in mind that at the end of the day, what's really matter is your calorie intake..It doesnt matter if you ate one big ass meal or multiple meals through out the day..Do what you're comfortable with, I know a few who do IF and finish all their calorie intake in a 5-6 hours period with 2 meals, others who divide their meals out to 5-6 small portions throughout the day...Figure out what your goals are, then plan your meal according to your plan...Bulk then eat over your calorie, Cut/fat-loss then be at a 350-500 caloric deficit everyday throughout the week (Fat is 9cal/g --- 1lb fat = 3500 cal) Eat as many meals as you want, as long as it meets your macronutrients and calories toward your goals.

If you planning to lose fat, I'd suggest to do HIIT interval of 30s sprint/rest with 5 minutes warm-up in the morning when you have time..Research shown it's more beneficial to do HIIT, short period compare to long,steady low-interval..And you only have to do it 3-4 times a week, eg: every other day. If you running in a fasted state then take some BCAAs (10g) or Leucine (5g) 10-15 minutes before your run to reduce muscle loss from HIIT. Keep your HIIT short too, no more than 25-30 minutes.

All said, you still have to watch your diet and be consistent with it. No results gonna come if you dont feed your body what it needs. Human body is amazing at adapting so if you consistent enough, you'll see result from what you put in.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Counting calories and keeping up with that sounds simple enough to me. But what gets me is that I have no clue what my typical/average calorie intact is or should be. And thus, I don't really know what amount I should be aiming for in order to cut fat and 350~500 calories a day.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What you're looking for is a TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) calculator. It's not a perfect science because no calculator can predict exactly how many calories youre going to be burning via workouts/etc, but should provide a starting point for you if you really have no idea. You'll get to know your own body after a while if you stick to your plan.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

[edit] The link Sath mentions below is better cos it has BMR as well, mine is just the first I pulled up on Google.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Scroll up or back to the iifym link and put your digits in there.

Hit chest + biceps today then ended up doing a solid 4 mile walk around a campus lake today. Gonna eat the shit out of some fried chicken for dinner. I love having extra calories to work with.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Super convenient links! Thanks guys

So was concerned the other day while doing situps, apparently lining of my abominal muscles is thin and the muscles have separated a bit in the center. This leads to a bulge forming in my stomach whenever I do leg lifts or planks. fucked up looking as its my guts and shit being pushed up, but doc says it's no big deal unless it actually tears and becomes a hernia.

Anyone know good core strengthening exercises that arn't crunches or other shit that pushes your abs around a lot?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Squats and DLs

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Dead bugs, kettle bell swings, dragon flags.

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Heavy front squats have taxed my core more than anything else. Overhead work is good too and has a strong anti-rotational component.

Otherwise, for anti-rotation try Pallof press, for anti-extension, ab wheel rollouts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just did like a 6 mile walk down the Mississippi. I fucking hate bugs, so that was fun. Upside was that I was so hyperfocused on how much I didn't want the bugs anywhere near me I never really noticed any tiredness or anything.

May have walked more in the past week than I had in the rest of 2014 up til this point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag