FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by wipers View Post
    #justicefortrayvon

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

After looking over the true(police) version of the story I feel a lot of sympathy for Mike Brown. He had made it all the way to adulthood before succumbing to his own blackness and no longer being able to contain his natural criminal urges. It's so shocking that a decent student with no criminal record who was two days from starting college would throw his life away by purposefully engaging a man with a gun in a fistfight, but unfortunately I guess does happen all the time. Rest in pieces.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    After looking over the true(police) version of the story I feel a lot of sympathy for Mike Brown. He had made it all the way to adulthood before succumbing to his own blackness and no longer being able to contain his natural criminal urges. It's so shocking that a decent student with no criminal record who was two days from starting college would throw his life away by purposefully engaging a man with a gun in a fistfight, but unfortunately I guess does happen all the time. Rest in pieces.
    Blax: The American Krogan. To genophage or not to genophage, that is the question.

Sometimes I wonder how long I'll make it until I succumb to the beast within and turn into a soulfla.....homicidal maniac.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's what happens when you're black in a police state. He shouldn't have chosen to be born black. I guess everyone succumbs to the devils within sooner or later, much like every man at some point becomes a rapist. Just can't help it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post

Not exactly, but it does make me think of this.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Shooting officer's name released, Darren Wilson, 6th year officer.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

http://grantland.com/features/fergus...murder-police/

It's probably been said somewhere. Writer goes to Ferguson and recounts his tale.

Edit: I only got to skim through it since i'm at work.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    much like every man at some point becomes a rapist. Just can't help it.
    Let's not conflate the very real problem of institutionalized racism with your own victim complex.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblingdrunk View Post
    Let's not conflate the very real problem of institutionalized racism with your own victim complex.
    Should have just ignored it, instead you point it out and go out of your way to handwave it just like plenty of people do to institutionalized racism. Same shit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Should have just ignored it, instead you point it out and go out of your way to handwave it just like plenty of people do to institutionalized racism. Same shit.
    Yes, ignoring a problem that doesn't exist is the same as ignoring a problem that does.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblingdrunk View Post
    You... really did not see that my entire statement was satire? Including - but not limited to - the part about rape?

A lot of people assume that just because someone is a muslim, or someone is a black man, that they're dangerous and/or a criminal, which is just not true. Hence my statement. I included the man and rape part to point out how incredibly ridiculous that mindset is.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Cops released the name, but no incident report for the shooting. Their entire conference outside of the shooter's name was claiming that Mike Brown robbed a convenience store for a $5 pack of blunts and the officer was responding to the robbery call. Their evidence being blurry security camera stills where you can't ID subject, and a store which locals are claiming is not the one that was in the area he was shot.

Wesley Lowery tweets regarding presser:

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 10m
    Police handed out 19 pages. Cover sheet, 16 page incident report on robbery, 2 pages of video still
    Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 21m
    Not handed out: a use of force report, any police report written by Officer Wilson, any narrative of shooting
    Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 24m
    Info handed out ONLY about alleged robbery. NO info included about interaction with Officer Wilson, the shooting.
    Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 28m
    PHOTO HANDOUT: video stills of alleged altercation between Brown and Quick Trip worker

Wesley Lowery @WesleyLowery · 27m
    More stills. From report: "Brown towers over (redacted name) appearing to intimidate him."

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

A note about the robbery claims: Dorian Johnson, who was with Mike Brown, has not been taken into custody or charged as a robbery suspect.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Pretty sure Mike Brown was wearing khakis when he died. How far apart were these incidents?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    http://grantland.com/features/fergus...murder-police/

It's probably been said somewhere. Writer goes to Ferguson and recounts his tale.

Edit: I only got to skim through it since i'm at work.
    One does not simply skim a Rembert article

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

This robbery is supposed to take place immediately beforehand I would assume, as the assertion is that this robbery is what the cop was responding to, and that Brown and Johnson were headed back from the robbery when encountered by Wilson.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

You... really did not see that my entire statement was satire? Including - but not limited to - the part about rape?

A lot of people assume that just because someone is a muslim, or someone is a black man, that they're dangerous and/or a criminal, which is just not true. Hence my statement. I included the man and rape part to point out how incredibly ridiculous that mindset is.
    Right... satire or not you conflated the two issues as if the problem of institutionalized racism faced by the African-American community Is on par with the nonexistent effects the beliefs of a small insignificant fringe group has on men. Had you actually said Muslim/terrorist instead of man/rapist there would be no issue

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Which is hilarious considering white men have a lock on serial shootings / killings. Must be a hiccup in the superior genes or something. Why don't we fear white men? How many Charlie Mansons are we ignoring to fixate on Jamal from the block slinging loosies?

Urge to kill faceless hookers rising....

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlite View Post
    Anyways, it's likely no one will read all of this so I will just say right now I'm on both sides of the fence.
    A few things:

1. The militarized response happened BEFORE there was any looting (which only happened on Sunday evening, and was limited in scope).
    2. There were no molotov cocktails. That image of a thrower protesting one is actually a protester throwing back a tear gas canister.
    3. I don't understand why I have to believe a police officer's account of the story (one individual) over a witness (to which there are many). This also assumes that the cop is telling the truth, and every witness is either lying or wrong; which goes against another truth: The cop's story does not work in his best interest (as those are the facts), whereas every single incorrect witness suddenly does.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

If a nigga say institutional racism, people start crying about looters. If a nigga say institutional sexism, people start crying about feminazis.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast