Closed Thread
Page 8 of 231 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Sorry, certainly looks like the guy in the video to me. Doesn't justify anything, however, and I find it incredibly hard to believe it only took 7 minutes to arrive, review, identify, and catch a suspect.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    catch
    lol

BG Level

He caught him seven or eight times from what I saw.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Seriously though, it's one thing to empty your clip if a guy has a weapon, or even if you think he's going for a weapon. But when he's running away? You'd think that once you shot him a single time you'd be able to at least catch up and arrest him, he clearly wasn't a lethal threat from 10 yards away at that moment.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Well considering the officer was already shown in the report to move at much faster speeds than normal humans, I would think it'd be no issue to catch up to a suspect after putting one in his back.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Black people have mysterious and dangerous powers

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Also, I hope it's conclusive that Brown did rob that store, but that he also surrendered with his hands in the air and the cop murdered him anyway and the cop goes to prison

just to see the bawwwwwing from racists

it will be amazing
    You know as well as I that if the character assassination turns out to be true that rounds of white guys patting themselves on the back will commence across the media, the public will lul back into their 'blax = trouble' mentality, institutional racism will continue its long march and we'll be back to square one. I await the finger wagging from some bloated tub of lard educating the black community on how to be members of civil society. My overlords, I await those profound statements.

And none of the actual resources (read: capital) because fuck brown people.

The fact is Americans can stomach a black kid getting shot even after surrendering because criminals = bad = kill 'em all. It's why the gun culture is so fucking out of control. All the better he's black, we just saved some money in taxes. Until some white people get gunned down surrendering (bonus points if female with children) it won't make enough waves for outrage to foster.

It already took long enough for them to get from to a character assassination job when the cops start to look bad. Easy enough to sidestep the real problems and rely on those tried and true stereotypes.

BG Level

I mean, if he robbed the store it does matter, considering the narrative at the start was "cops hassle black guy for jaywalking".

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Captain Ron Johnson(the one put in charge of Ferguson by the Governor yesterday) says he was not consulted at all about the decision to release the character assassination report simultaneously with the officer's name, is pretty mad about it.

It would appear that the robbery investigation is Ferguson PD's, the shooting investigation is STL County's, and the handling of actual public safety belongs to the Highway Patrol. Ferguson PD acted on their own to try to offset the officer's identity with the explanation of how Brown totally got himself shot.

BG Level

Releasing the police report of the robbery but not the incident report of the shooting is pretty fucked up. I do see why it is important however to establish this as not just a "profiling" or police harassment case though.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thread is a slippery slope in and of itself.

Lets say Brown is indeed one and the same robber caught on film. Man robs a store, then runs away from the cop once suspected of a crime or wrongdoing. The build up to a person's flight from a cop does not matter, as anyone can tell from watching a couple of episodes of Cops. Dudes will take flight from the police for any number of reasons, apprehended or not. This commonly happens in America and the world, regardless of race, sex, religion, or creed. Does that mean the police officer was supposed to exercise extreme force? Not only that, the guy was obviously fleeing for his life on top of that from an officer who's taking shots at him and his friend.

It's still a bad outcome, one that while now taints Brown's perceived "goodness," but still justifies the continued marches and protests that are currently being held. Niggas will be niggas, but that doesn't mean that police officers should act out of line because they are granted the power to do what they please to ensure order. They are hired to protect the people, including those who are niggas.

This will unfortunately yet another case that will go the way of Travon Martin, one where the very obviously retarded right wingers and GOP will spin this story to portray yet another black man who is "exceptionally" bad for society and justified in being killed off.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Releasing the police report of the robbery but not the incident report of the shooting is pretty fucked up. I do see why it is important however to establish this as not just a "profiling" or police harassment case though.
    I edited to explain why there were no details about shooting report, that is not being handled by the Ferguson PD; the name release/robbery report was done unilaterally by them.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I mean, if he robbed the store it does matter, considering the narrative at the start was "cops hassle black guy for jaywalking".
    I agree fully and often take initial reports with a grain of salt.

However, the argument will shift from militarized police constantly overreaching on force to a shifting of blame back to black 'murica because blax = trouble.
    "See! We told you they're all criminals!"
    "They can't be trusted!"
    "This is why I need to overcompensate for my tiny dick with an AR-15."

Rather than looking at a country where the police break down doors cause some old man is screaming Jesus Christ, choking people slinging loosies, dragging old ladies outta homes or deploying APCs for some dumb shit we'll have the easy escape hatch of the cops protecting us from those scary brown people.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Report released by Ferg PD today claims EMS was called for Brown and arrived on scene shortly after

https://twitter.com/JeanLikeDenim/st...15935874764800

yup

edit: correcting myself, that was stated by the chief of police in his presser, not in the report released

BG Level

Lol, nice ambulance.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

If that's an undercover SUV, I'd hate to see their marked cars.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

They mean the black one behind the marked car

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ahh, missed that. Looks like that's more likely a Coroner's vehicle. I can't remember if ours is marked or they keep it "plain" for privacy reasons. Been a few years since I've had to fix a computer at the morgue.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Guys, that cop should be thanked for killing that bad guy. It was only a matter of time till that big black guy killed a white person.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Well considering the officer was already shown in the report to move at much faster speeds than normal humans, I would think it'd be no issue to catch up to a suspect after putting one in his back.
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I see it as the officer who reviewed the tape isn't the same as the shooting officer. He only identifies Brown after he's been shot, having arrived later.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 231 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast