+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Project Runway: Season 13 / All Stars 4

I haven't kept tabs on Project Runway for a while but I picked up watching this new season. Since Face Off has its own thread, I figured why not Project Runway, it hasn't had a BG thread since season 5. All of the episodes can be viewed for free on Lifetime's website.
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway

So who's watching? It was harsh that two of them didn't even make it on the show after the casting. Current favorites, Sandhya, Char, Fade, Sean, Emily, and Alexander.

Episode 4 is the first episode of the season where I think the judges made sane decisions. The first winning dress looked ratty, and her futuristic design looked silly. I also hate Amanda and her gawky hippy giraffe-woman schtick. Her Cthulhu dresses with the fringes everywhere look like a mess but the judges still fawn over them for some reason. Now with this episode they finally booted the right person. After all he had already had two shows at Fashion Week, so aside from being kind of a pussy jerk I didn't feel sorry for him.

Is there anyone still watching? Kind of annoyed at Tim after the last episode; kind of weird considering he's usually the darling. I kind of bet a lot of people are, though.

ETA:
    All-stars starting on Oct30, info:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...fetime/303700/

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I was a little annoyed, I can sympathize why he decided to ask them but reality is if that thing busted on the runway instead they would not have been able to do anything. That being said, the group should of stopped trying to worry about how they come off on camera, realize its a competition and least one of them said no. Also I swear Kini gets robbed of so many wins this season.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hey Azat, ogod this thread got bumped.

No I think that Tim was being reasonable in terms of not wanting a non-model volunteer to walk around with her entire side-vaginer showing. However I think he messed up by asking their permission to only give Char the 10 minutes. He should have just given everybody 10 extra minutes, and nobody would have a problem. They better not be passive aggressive about it in the future because they did agree to it, so they just have to shut up. Although I really like Char I have to say her last design (the makeover challenge dress) was really ugly looking. I'm okay with their choice of who to send home though, I didn't care for him or his dumb gawky stare.

I'm kind of excited for All Stars 4 but mainly just for Chris March cackling at everyone. Also I saw Laverne Cox speak at my college so it's cool she's a guest judge.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Oh man I forgot about Chris laugh lol, I need to go back and watch season 4 again. Excited for AS4 I get chance to see Justin LeBlanc, he was one of my favorites in 12.

You are right tho Gwyn, he should of gave them all that extra 10 mins. With teams coming up this week, you know they are going to play up any drama from whoever ends up with Char. As far as Alexanders getting kicked,I'm glad he is gone. He annoys me with his "deer in headlights" look every time he gets stuck, yet hes voted peoples favorite.

I felt happy at the results but also disagree a bit. I do think Korina's stuff was better enough to save her, and she did design/construct a lot more. Then she acted like a fool and I don't feel badly for her at all anymore.

I really think it's unfair that they criticize her for being too western, though- or however they phrased it; let's call it what it is, a native american influence. If anything, they should criticize her for being a jacket/coat designer. That's the real reason she lost the challenge, she couldn't make a jacket in an hour. Her pants have always been pretty dull, and her dresses/skirts are completely forgettable.

And then the drama in the preview for next week. Lmao. So ridiculous.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yep, there's no way that could be coincidence, seems like such a set up to get drama to happen. I went from being neutral about Korina to thinking she's a bitch in just that episode. I don't think Char could win but after being out of form since she was saved, her 1hour dress felt like her style again.

And Sean needs to wear cutoff shirts more often. I loved it when he was being sassy and miming getting stabbed while Korina was dissing them.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ea0b0b47d...uwldo1_400.gif
    http://33.media.tumblr.com/cbb2f219f...uwldo2_400.gif
    http://33.media.tumblr.com/497f28ef9...uwldo3_400.gif
    http://38.media.tumblr.com/171fcffb5...uwldo1_400.gif

And just because I loled.
    http://33.media.tumblr.com/2af4b67aa...4o3_r2_400.gif

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Lol @ rainway gif. I do think Korina look was overworked with too many ideas, not sure by itself if it was on the same level as Chars to justify a face-off tho. I think the judges were just getting tired of Korinas personality. Korina might of had a chance with that outfit if she didn't spend 20 mins throwing a hissy fit, Char however played the 1hr challenge smart. Like every 1hr challenge that has happened in past seasons it was like always the person who whipped out a outfit with easy fabrics that won.

I'm glad Korina is gone tho, haven't liked her since the start. When she was losing in the beginning of the season she was catty,whiny,self-victimizing and just plain annoying, then she gets 1 win and suddenly becomes a Grade A Bitch. She pulled the same manipulating verbal abuse crap with Amanda a few weeks back as well. Kudos to Char to rise above above it, cause I know I would of slapped her by that point.

I know Tim swears up and down they don't stack the deck for drama but that pairing for next week reeks of it. Only legitimate way how I see it going down is probably the designers took turns picking who they wanted as a helper, no one picked Korina and Char was stuck with last pickings.

I'm thinking Kini and Sean are a given for fashion week, 3rd spot have a feeling will end up being Amanda. I don't see Char lasting another week, creative she is but she just cant sew. Emily could be a contender if she wows the judges with something amazing next challenge, but up to this point they haven't been that excited about her.

Also I'm all for more of SassySean, is infinitely more likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Azat View Post
    I know Tim swears up and down they don't stack the deck for drama but that pairing for next week reeks of it. Only legitimate way how I see it going down is probably the designers took turns picking who they wanted as a helper, no one picked Korina and Char was stuck with last pickings.
    I'm mixed between producer manipulation and this. I really got the impression that nobody liked Korina at that point. She and Amanda seemed buddy buddy, but Korina pulled the same bullshit with Amanda earlier in the season (with Char backing her up, coincidentally enough). She burned whatever bridges there were with Sean for sure, and Emily was not having it.

Also, I'm glad Sean hammed it up on the runway. Korina made it a really uncomfortable environment, so Sean probably made it a lot easier for everyone to bear. Also, ugh @ Korina's "This isn't about you" nonsense. Who went for whom in that exchange, exactly? Foolish tbh.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Sea Torques
    BG Level

oh god I can't unsee it now. Almost sure she will go down as PR All time villain, she like guaranteed a spot on allstars5~20.

I'm really hoping I'm not the only one who found Amanda's look revolting. I can't believe the praise it got. Sean's was cool, but the best ever on Project Runway? Jesus. They were all awful. I really dgi. And honestly my least least-favorite looks were Emily's.

My favorite collections at fashion week were Sandhya's and Fäde's, and both were decoys, so.. Season seems like a bust for me from here on.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah an entire 9 people went to fashion week, mostly decoys but still. I actually really liked Amanda's dress the best. Normally I hate Amanda's gawky hippy giraffe lady style but this is the first thing of hers I liked. I'm guessing all the praise Sean's design received was from a technical craftsmanship point of view and since I don't design I'll just assume I can't appreciate it on that level. I thought it was fine though and sharp looking. Once again I hate to say because I really like her personality but Char's dress was the worst. The bulging round poofy parts were just not attractive. They threw her a bone here.

If Kini doesn't win it will be shocking. I *have* to see him win. I laugh so hard when he gets excited and he shakes his tiny fists squeeling like a magical troll.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I really didn't get the reaction the judges had to Seans dress, it was crisp, clean, but certainly wasn't the 2nd coming of christ they would have you believe. Really didn't care for large gray sections of her muumuu chic, pretty much looked like maternity wear to me.

I'm getting flashbacks of season 9 Anya winning with Char. Anya could barely sew and just passed off flowing draped dresses and somehow won, So feeling with the way these judges are this season, going to guess that Char will end up winning. However, I'm all for #teamkini and hope he busts out something amazing to win this.

I really liked Anya but it did feel like all she wanted to do were tropical maxi dresses. I wonder what kind of stuff she puts out these days..

I read someone call Sean's look a cult leader's dress. If it weren't for the cut-outs on the top, I'd agree. I'm also reading that a lot of people liked Amanda's so I guess I'm the odd one out here..

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I was really expecting Kini to win this season but I do have to agree that his collection was not very exciting. As a personal style choice I really wasn't liking Amanda's style this season but as much as I hate to say it I did like her collection. At that point it really comes down to the judges personal taste. Now I'm looking forward to All Stars 4!

Ugh I gave PR Threads an honest try, I was hoping there would be flamey twelve year olds sniping at each other but it was just odd and confusing. I don't think I'll watch anymore of that lol.

I responded really negatively to Kini's collection. It's a shame, because I liked him for most of the season. I thought that evening gown was atrocious, and that one dress with the ruffles on the boobs..
    Spoiler: show

ugh. :/ Did not get it at all.

I liked Char's...okay, I guess. I think it would have been stronger if she'd stuck to one girl, but it was just too spread out. I think she really works the urban feel well, and thought the two with this fabric were really strong:

The dress with the hoodie was super cool. The white pieces were throw-aways. Tim was right about the blue dress and it made no sense in the collection.

No comment on Amanda's. She has a particular aesthetic that I don't understand but a lot of people really like it. I was okay with most of her stuff, but those big potato sack maxi dresses (I don't even know what to call them) just seem really hideous to me. :/ But she always gets good reactions for them. So IDK.

Sean's really was the best of the four, I thought, so I wanted him to win. Did you guys see any of the decoy collections? I liked Fäde's a lot, and thought this:
    was my favorite of the season.

This season was a bit of a damp squib, anyway, and I guess I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to All Stars or not. I'll watch it all the same, realistically, haha.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I was really hoping kini would of had a stronger collection, was kinda surprised myself but do give him creds for busting out the changes he managed to do.

Threads I have a feeling they want to push it as a cross with dance moms but comes off a bit weird.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I've noticed that some people on PR are at their best when they're under time pressure for the challenges, the show is designed to lift those people up. But some of those same people are worse off when they have more time and less pressure. Kini might be one of those situations where he just was too into it and had too much time.

I really liked Fade and his collection! In case it wasn't known yet all 9 designers starting with Fade and onward in the competition made "decoy" collections because the show had only aired up until that point when the filming for Fashion Week actually occurred. There are pics of all 9 designers collection online. Sandhya's was interesting as expected but actually not too crazy. Korrina's collection was extremely simple and boring despite the bright colors.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Alyssa Milano is a lame host. She waddles around talking through her fat like a soccer mom that had a box of wine.