1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's horrible

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Murdock Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Uther

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Yeah, they changed the current max rank to say 0/X (720? I forget) rather than it's previous 0/0, but you can't actually increase it yet. I just assumed that meant another tier was coming soon.
    That is a safe assumption. The real question is what rewards will we get for re-maxing them out.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    That is a safe assumption. The real question is what rewards will we get for re-maxing them out.
    A cutscene..... if we're lucky

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I hope for a Ilv 1000 weapon

(cough)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've been dreading the 0/720....

Really hoping for a pleasant surprise with 2.35. Maybe something cool like tweaking Ramuh drops so people actually do it. Its a pretty decent fight IMO but people do it for Shiva access then never again.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Maybe something cool like tweaking Ramuh drops so people actually do it. Its a pretty decent fight IMO but people do it for Shiva access then never again.
    The only thing that could make me find that fight tolerable would be to increase the land area. Too crowded; don't like. I'll only go in there at the behest of others, and never of my own volition.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I can understand Ramuh weapons being i100 because i110 would just make other i110 weapons ridiculous in their requirements to obtain. But that ring should have been i110. There's only two options for i110 rings and when you need two rings you've got no choice. There should really be three choices minimum for rings and the primal should serve that purpose. People in my FC are like "lets farm Ramuh!" and I'm thinking why? Obsolete gear doesn't appeal to me, which is why I haven't done CT2 in a month. CT2 isn't even worth it for the oils. The time taken to win that against 7 others is more than it takes to farm 500 seals in hunts.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I can understand Ramuh weapons being i100 because i110 would just make other i110 weapons ridiculous in their requirements to obtain. But that ring should have been i110. There's only two options for i110 rings and when you need two rings you've got no choice. There should really be three choices minimum for rings and the primal should serve that purpose. People in my FC are like "lets farm Ramuh!" and I'm thinking why? Obsolete gear doesn't appeal to me, which is why I haven't done CT2 in a month. CT2 isn't even worth it for the oils. The time taken to win that against 7 others is more than it takes to farm 500 seals in hunts.
    Mount duh!. Have you seen it? It looks awesome. But ya i agree with ya. Rings should of been 110. And i'd rather do CT2 then hunts because fuck hunts.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ramuh mount is best mount. You're horsin' in style.
    Beast quests aren't that bad. 720? The last tier is 510 and that takes something like 10 days if you only do 1 tribe at a time. That's not really a long time. The quests are annoying and repetitive but they're easy as hell. The only thing that's really out of your control as far as how long it takes is waiting for FATEs to pop. It's just another cap to deal with though.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I've been dreading the 0/720....
    It's probably going to be another 10 days. I wouldn't worry that much. All the previous progressions with beastmen tribes have been 10-day units.

Rank 1 - 5 per quest, 3 per day = 15 per day. Rank up is 150. 10 days.
    Rank 2 - 5 per R1 quest, 7 per R2 quest = 36 per day. Rank up is 360. 10 days.
    Rank 3 - 7 per R2 quest, 10 per R3 quest = 51 per day. Rank up is 510. 10 days.

Rank 4 will almost certianly be 10 per R3 quest, 14 per R4 quest = 72 per day. Rank up is 720. 10 days.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm just glad housing didn't make 2.35. I mean, I want it, but I'm out of town and I'd be super-pissed if it got ninja'd in and I couldn't get my baller plot by staying up until 4 AM.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    It's probably going to be another 10 days. I wouldn't worry that much. All the previous progressions with beastmen tribes have been 10-day units.

Rank 1 - 5 per quest, 3 per day = 15 per day. Rank up is 150. 10 days.
    Rank 2 - 5 per R1 quest, 7 per R2 quest = 36 per day. Rank up is 360. 10 days.
    Rank 3 - 7 per R2 quest, 10 per R3 quest = 51 per day. Rank up is 510. 10 days.

Rank 4 will almost certianly be 10 per R3 quest, 14 per R4 quest = 72 per day. Rank up is 720. 10 days.
    Or maybe even shorter? Considering that we have to do all of them this time?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

That's assuming they add R4 quests though. I kind of expect hypothetical T4 to be "haha, do T3+T2 still".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    That's assuming they add R4 quests though. I kind of expect hypothetical T4 to be "haha, do T3+T2 still".
    Why Seravi, why do you keep saying such bad things

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Why Seravi, why do you keep saying such bad things
    It hurts because it could be true

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Not a popular viewpoint but it's not necessarily lazy game development - it's just an artificial limiter on people who otherwise lack the ability to pace themselves and do more than one thing.

You may disagree on the size/duration of the caps and that's fine, but limiters in and of themselves aren't inherently "lazy".

Can't count all the times I've seen people just bumrush what is otherwise a sizeable chunk of content (not necessarily talking about XIV) and then once it's all done, stop and say "WTF, is that it?"
    lol No. It's lazy game development because instead of providing enough content to keep everybody busy they've chosen to limit how often you can/want to do the current content. The game has been out for a year now and the only endgame content we have is Coil.

That's called being fucking lazy.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

10 quests per tier so each tribe has 30 repeatable quests, which means all previous tribe updates had 60 since they were paired. If they were to add Ixali and T4 for all, that would be 80 quests unless they went with less in the T4 tier. Not saying they couldn't do it but for a between-patch update it would be unusual.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    10 quests per tier so each tribe has 30 repeatable quests, which means all previous tribe updates had 60 since they were paired. If they were to add Ixali and T4 for all, that would be 80 quests unless they went with less in the T4 tier. Not saying they couldn't do it but for a between-patch update it would be unusual.
    All those quests and we can only do 6 a day..............................dotssssss

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Would take 2 months to cap 2 Beastman if you can do Tier 2-3 each day

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    lol No. It's lazy game development because instead of providing enough content to keep everybody busy they've chosen to limit how often you can/want to do the current content. The game has been out for a year now and the only endgame content we have is Coil.

That's called being fucking lazy.
    Is there any game, though, that does what you're saying?

Seriously. I can't think of a single one. ARR updates more than most MMOs I've ever played, and with a sizable chunk of content each time.

Who -isn't- being "lazy", by your standards?