1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    lol No. It's lazy game development because instead of providing enough content to keep everybody busy they've chosen to limit how often you can/want to do the current content. The game has been out for a year now and the only endgame content we have is Coil.

That's called being fucking lazy.
    Spreading gear out across multiple events would resolve some of this. The difficulty level is probably the only thing about Coil that's ever been done right; the rest fucking blows. The RNG-fuck factor is rather out place for gear that only matters for 6~ months, and might arguably be the worst element at present. It's either that or the weekly lockout on each Turn.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I would prefer if for say 2.4 and 3rd coil patch, it was done like

-Superhigh Allagan; i130 except token i135 weapons.
    -Yoshidology tomes; i130 (or they do the soldiery shit again and make it i120 with a i130 upgrade)
    -(2.5) Last CT; i130
    -Something here; make it primal armor for all I care. Just something that isn't faceroll like CT and is another sidegrade option.
    -PvP i130.

Give a ton of options in each tier instead of just 1-2. If we're going to make everything accessible anyways, give us an option for every build under the sun.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That'd be fine too; part of the problem at present is that Tower gear remains lolvanity/secondary jobs fodder, reducing the worth of the whole thing to nil/lulz material in the face of Coil persisting as the top-tier (and ultimately only relevant content).

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Is there any game, though, that does what you're saying?

Seriously. I can't think of a single one. ARR updates more than most MMOs I've ever played, and with a sizable chunk of content each time.

Who -isn't- being "lazy", by your standards?
    ^

It's like people haven't played any other MMOs ever. Literally every single one of them works just like this.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    ^

It's like people haven't played any other MMOs ever. Literally every single one of them works just like this.
    I get the passion and all that, but lets apply logic to that passion. Back up your claims with evidence, or you'll end up having to say some stupid blanket statement like "well, all MMO devs are just fucking lazy, then!"

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Is there any game, though, that does what you're saying?

Seriously. I can't think of a single one. ARR updates more than most MMOs I've ever played, and with a sizable chunk of content each time.

Who -isn't- being "lazy", by your standards?
    Any other MMO? Because almost every other (successful) MMO that adds new content doesn't have the majority of it be mid-tier content. They chose to do vertical progression and yet every patch is filled with mostly mid-tier content that doesn't actually add to said progression.

Yeah, they add a bunch of new content regularly, except the majority of it is outdated on arrival so what the fuck is the point?

Also the amount of lockouts/caps in this subscription based MMO are the largest I've ever seen, so please by all means name some other MMO that does that. Free to play MMOs don't really count because they make their money by forcing people to buy/subscribe to bypass those lockouts/caps. We pay no matter what and are still placed under stupid arbitrary restrictions because they've been focusing so much on mid-tier content that they forgot that endgame content is the meat of a fucking MMO.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, they add a bunch of new content regularly, except the majority of it is outdated on arrival so what the fuck is the point?
    Gosh, it's like ponies aren't enough for you. What did you expect, relevant gear?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Any other MMO? Because almost every other (successful) MMO that adds new content doesn't have the majority of it be mid-tier content.

Also the amount of lockouts/caps in this subscription based MMO are the largest I've ever seen, so please by all means name some other MMO that does that.
    World of Warcraft does both of these things. Literally every other patch.

But I guess that's not a "successful MMO" in your eyes.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Every other patch? As opposed to every single patch with this game?

I said name another MMO that does it more than this one. I know other MMOs do it, but the amount of mid-tier content/lack of endgame content in this one is way too fucking high.

Again, to reiterate.

The game has been out a year. We have a single. 1. Uno. Ichi. endgame raid. That's fucking pathetic.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Every other patch? As opposed to every single patch with this game?
    Wrong. While some patches have some vanity shit, EX primals had endgame upgrades while Coil 1 was still active.

I said name another MMO that does it more than this one. I know other MMOs do it, but the amount of mid-tier content/lack of endgame content in this one is way too fucking high.
    It's mid-tier content because higher tier content was released above it.

The game has been out a year. We have a single. 1. Uno. Ichi. endgame raid. That's fucking pathetic.
    It's cute how you combine Coil 1 and Coil 2 to somehow validate your argument. It's clear you're just here to shit on the game (which you're probably still paying for even though you're complaining so much). Just quit if it's so bad bro.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

If I had to make any complaints about the end-game raids in FFXIV, it's that they're way too short. There needs to be more than 4 or 5 bosses.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

All they are doing is pretty much the same as WoW, Raid patch > content patch with some catch-up items > Raid patch > content etc etc etc.
    Just because something doesn't give out the highest ilvl doesn't make it worthless, new people are playing, those who are coming back or even just 2nd jobs all have a use for the stuff sure its not top tier stuff but if its better than what they already have then i don't see the problem, not everyone is gonna ding into all i110 stuff.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Give a ton of options in each tier instead of just 1-2. If we're going to make everything accessible anyways, give us an option for every build under the sun.
    What do you think this is? An MMO that takes risks? They took a risk once and look what happened! Now they slapped on the blinders and are staying a single course until people start demanding for it.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

A longer raid with more bosses opens up the opportunity to add multiple pieces of gear for the same job that isn't necessarily BiS. For example, there could be a Coil with 12 bosses. 3 of them drop BRD bodies. One has skill speed, one has DET, one has ACC. Now, you're happy because you got an upgrade, but it may not be BiS, so you will continue to do it until you get your true BiS gear.

Now there's more end-game "content" and people are less bored and pissed off because they're getting top-tier rewards and actually have something to do. Here's WoW's last raid drop list:

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=6738/sie...:mode=h25:50-2

Within that list, there's like 4 different pieces of gear any given class could get for one slot (head/legs/hands/etc.). If you get a piece of gear, it's cool because you get to increase your performance, but you have to adjust your gear elsewhere to make sure you reach hit caps/haste caps/etc. This is something that FFXIV could use to keep people interested in raiding while getting rid of some of the RNG rage that people get.

Quote Originally Posted by brozy View Post
    All they are doing is pretty much the same as WoW, Raid patch > content patch with some catch-up items > Raid patch > content etc etc etc.
    Just because something doesn't give out the highest ilvl doesn't make it worthless, new people are playing, those who are coming back or even just 2nd jobs all have a use for the stuff sure its not top tier stuff but if its better than what they already have then i don't see the problem, not everyone is gonna ding into all i110 stuff.
    I'm gonna go ahead and post this, but a friend of mine sums it up pretty well.

There are two types of game where playing to win means you ain't gonna have a ton of fun. Golf and MMOs.

I have a ton of fun with FFXIV when I'm playing it casually, logging on to get cool looking loot, chat with buddies and do some random stuff for a few hours every few days. When I was playing the game to actively raid the newest content and have the best gear, I loathed the game. Shit, some weeks I don't even cap my tomes! Hardcore this game 100% isn't and it never pretended to be.

Though, look at wildstar. They tried to be hardcore and people just aren't liking the time necessary to do that content.

Edit: it's also a fun fact to point out that the 1 year anniversary of WoW not getting a single content patch is either past us or approaching really soon.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

For example, there could be a Coil with 12 bosses. 3 of them drop BRD bodies. One has skill speed, one has DET, one has ACC. Now, you're happy because you got an upgrade, but it may not be BiS, so you will continue to do it until you get your true BiS gear.
    Yeah, this is the general gist of what I had a few posts back. As limited as XIV's secondaries are you'd also get more options for say a crit build, det build, and speed build dependent on fight (like use speed build on something you kill in under 4 minutes anyways, use det or crit build on a long fight).

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Yeah, this is the general gist of what I had a few posts back. As limited as XIV's secondaries are you'd also get more options for say a crit build, det build, and speed build dependent on fight (like use speed build on something you kill in under 4 minutes anyways, use det or crit build on a long fight).
    Yeah, more bosses would be nice since they can spread drops out a lot, too. Add the CT-style lockout to loot and add. more bosses and i'd have very few complaints about the raids.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Wrong. While some patches have some vanity shit, EX primals had endgame upgrades while Coil 1 was still active.

It's mid-tier content because higher tier content was released above it.

It's cute how you combine Coil 1 and Coil 2 to somehow validate your argument. It's clear you're just here to shit on the game (which you're probably still paying for even though you're complaining so much). Just quit if it's so bad bro.
    Just fucking lol.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Just fucking lol.
    Great counter-point.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Great counter-point.
    Compared to yours which was "Just quit if you don't like it"?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast