1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 17 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 16 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

AT WORK, CAN'T. ROCL LOG ON AND DO IT FOR ME.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

So the Ixali call you a featherless neuker and I didn't recognize the world, so naturally I googled it and:
    https://www.translate.com/english/neuker/22267742

is this intentional Ferne

Also Mina quit your job and play xiv all day

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Put a screenshot in the Lore thread but wondering if we just got a hint at a possible future expansion from the Ixali

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I knew you would edit your post for a response. Was F5ing hard for it. I want to. Sitting on my ass at home playing FFXIV doesn't pay the bills though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Oh sweet Mina you know me too well

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Put a screenshot in the Lore thread but wondering if we just got a hint at a possible future expansion from the Ixali
    Like I said in the lore thread, I think it's just fleshing out the world/nods to previous FF stage now. Drawing conclusions that FUTURE EXPANSION MATERIAL is about as silly as thinking we're going to the Island of Val's crater or Doma's ruins any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Ixali dailies won't be as bad, got like 95 the first day. The delivery quest is 50, then your normal 3 quests are 15 each (most which are kill a mob, go to a facility, do a lv1 craft). Can also turn in on crafting classes if you haven't capped them yet.

This means missing the post patch reset is more damaging though so hop to it!
    This didn't happen with the previous beastmen dailies so I'm asking here... Do the extra points received @ 150/150 carry over after doing the rank up quest?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Probably not? I'll tell you in twenty minutes.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Nice Lethargy nerf thrown in there.. BLM is slowly becoming an all-I-do-is-derka class.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Nice Lethargy nerf thrown in there.. BLM is slowly becoming an all-I-do-is-derka class.
    It's a PVP only change

As a serious FSH, Weather NPC is fucking amazing. I also love the B rank change; may result in a decrease in overall seals gained, but I really hated how it was teleport+choco racing more than hunting with B's constantly popping. I will actually miss the sold/myth from them more than the seals. Not sure I understand the spiritbond changes exactly, but it doesn't seem to affect the people who do it on open world LV 46-50 mobs with mid-40s gear (my preferred method while reading / watching a movie).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Probably not? I'll tell you in twenty minutes.
    Someone faster than me is saying they do not carry over, like all other Beast Tribes. I'll be able to confirm shortly but I don't doubt his testimony lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Not sure I understand the spiritbond changes exactly, but it doesn't seem to affect the people who do it on open world LV 46-50 mobs with mid-40s gear (my preferred method while reading / watching a movie).
    Simple enough. If your gear is too low compared to some arbitrary iLv of the dungeon (their example, using i49ish accessories in an expert dungeon) would result in a lowered bond rate. If you're in some kind of sweet spot, you'll get an increased rate. No affect on open-world, just like you said. On the plus side, it sounds like it'll finally be easier to bond i90 stuff in dungeons. I look forward to seeing how many Expert Roulettes it takes to bond i90 accessories.

I am glad because I just ran into a d.bag that was spiritbonding a lv49 SCH book in my expert roulette two days ago (multiple deaths, as you might imagine - damage incurred exceeded damage healed). However, I am also sad because I've been bonding sets of i47~49 accessories during my daily expert roulette for weeks now (it took just over two runs to fully bond).

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Simple enough. If your gear is too low compared to some arbitrary iLv of the dungeon (their example, using i49ish accessories in an expert dungeon) would result in a lowered bond rate. If you're in some kind of sweet spot, you'll get an increased rate. No affect on open-world, just like you said. On the plus side, it sounds like it'll finally be easier to bond i90 stuff in dungeons. I look forward to seeing how many Expert Roulettes it takes to bond i90 accessories.

I am glad because I just ran into a d.bag that was spiritbonding a lv49 SCH book in my expert roulette two days ago (multiple deaths, as you might imagine - damage incurred exceeded damage healed). However, I am also sad because I've been bonding sets of i47~49 accessories during my daily expert roulette for weeks now (it took just over two runs to fully bond).
    Yeah, I understand the general principle of the changes, I was talking more about the ambiguity regarding the iLVL thresholds for each instance. Can probably be figured out via trial and error fairly quickly though.

And did anyone else read this in the notes?

Crafting Tool Component Materials
    Materials required to craft components of tools required to craft components of other items such as tools required to craft components of tools.
    wat

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

People are saying i90 gear isn't guaranteed to give TIV materia. No pics so reader beware obviously.

Even still, thats some pretty interesting decision making by SE. Not sure if they were trying to lower the amount of TIV materia in the market or what.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Crafting Tool Component Materials
    Materials required to craft components of tools required to craft components of other items such as tools required to craft components of tools.
    No I didn't read that on my skim through before driving to work.

Herp a derp.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    People are saying i90 gear isn't guaranteed to give TIV materia. No pics so reader beware obviously.

Even still, thats some pretty interesting decision making by SE. Not sure if they were trying to lower the amount of TIV materia in the market or what.
    Should still be a net increase if people start bonding i90 stuff. Assuming the bond speed is faster in dungeons, that is. The bond rate on i90 stuff used to be brutal and not worth your time.

i90 shit is cheaper than i70 at this point, so I could see it becoming commonplace. I'll certainly be doing it.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Wasted 5 points

you 95 points on the first day and you need 150 to cap

So did 1 50 + 1 15 and wasted 5

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'm pretty certain that's the joke
    For that quest you need HQ anyways, and then the description changes.

Also I just realized old beastmen quests were 5/7/10 rep, but Ixali start at 15/17 so ranking these up is definitely way faster esp w/ the +50 delivery daily.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    The part about "certain furnishings cannot be restored once they have been placed within an estate or private chambers." I assume just refers to stuff that can't be retrieved when placed like primal furniture. The rest of it is just "pick up your junk within 35 days if you got the boot".
    Yes, I am well aware what it means. Think about it.

IRL hits you in the face (or you are bored and Warlords is out or some shit) and you decide to take a break from the game for awhile. FC decides to clean out their list of inactive people. You get the boot. That means you lost all the primal furniture you had. Then you may not even know you were booted, and will probably lose all your shit because you didn't know. Or even if someone told you, you now have 35 days to resub just to get all your shit.

On the one hand, it's vanity so you could say who cares, on the other hand, it's vanity so you could say why does SE give a shit so much about people getting to keep it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

This is why I don't put anything expensive in my room, and I'm not even at any risk of getting the boot.

My room is nothing but "Oh hey, this neat thing my retainer brought via quick venture but wasn't worth 200k+"

Oh, speaking of quick ventures though, I haven't heard anyone mention this:
    Items that can only be obtained by retainers who have attained a certain item level (Disciple of War or Magic) or gathering rating (Disciple of the Land) have been added to Quick Exploration.
    Innnnnnteresting....