1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

All Worlds Maintenance 8/18 & 8/19 - Patch Notes

At the following time, in order to accompany patch 2.35, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds.
    During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

*The World Transfer Service will be suspended 15 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]
    From Aug. 18, 2014 9:00 p.m. to Aug. 19, 2014 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
    - FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Can someone remind me what's suppose to be in 2.35 exept Ixali quests?

Mina edit: Patch notes here -> http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...44330af2f11d85

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

-Patch 2.35 will make a lot of changes to hunts, wont say what changes because he is afraid players will respond to it one direction or the other (stop playing if it is a buff in the future patch, or play too much if it is a nerf).

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also vote dismiss for Frontlines....fucking finally

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    -Patch 2.35 will make a lot of changes to hunts, wont say what changes because he is afraid players will respond to it one direction or the other (stop playing if it is a buff in the future patch, or play too much if it is a nerf).
    These changes better be good. Hunts simply suck and easily the worst part of the game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Inb4weeklycaponsandandoilforhunts

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There's already a weekly cap on sands and oils. It's called Soldiery.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just 450 cap gc seals and call it good. /shrug

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Orrr just remove soldiery cap and let people get the damn gear they worked for already. Yeah, hunts aren't that much work, but they still take time to go camp and amass seals - I spend around 3~4 hours every week capping soldiery through hunts, and it would easily be a few more hours if the cap was higher. As a newer player, by the time I'm ALLOWED to finish an evenstar set, we'll already be well into whatever patch brings new gear that renders those obsolete.

I understand they want to artificially extend the life of the content through a low cap, but it completely screws over people who haven't had months already to collect soldiery and buy gear with it.
    That's also saying nothing of the other sets I'd like to buy for my other jobs... those I just never expect to get before I'm working towards whatever comes next.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Caps and lockouts are lazy game development, nothing new with SE. They will continue to do so and continue to be baffled as to why people don't like it.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Very intriguing that they still have not released patch notes yet. I wonder how big the changes are going to be.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Don't the patch notes comes out an hour after maint starts typically?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

yes exept big patches that gets a half patch notes before

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

only thing looking forward to is the daily ixtal thing, here's to hoping for new things to sell for overpriced amounts to people that don't better >.>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Probably going to be primarily lumber; hopefully a place to purchase Oak/Walnut, but most lumbers are available elsewhere (which you can still sell for overpriced amounts because people don't realize).

I look forward to finding out whether they plan on actually making us all cap another level of trust with all the existing beastmen in order to be considered 'complete'.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Caps and lockouts are lazy game development, nothing new with SE. They will continue to do so and continue to be baffled as to why people don't like it.
    Not a popular viewpoint but it's not necessarily lazy game development - it's just an artificial limiter on people who otherwise lack the ability to pace themselves and do more than one thing.

You may disagree on the size/duration of the caps and that's fine, but limiters in and of themselves aren't inherently "lazy".

Can't count all the times I've seen people just bumrush what is otherwise a sizeable chunk of content (not necessarily talking about XIV) and then once it's all done, stop and say "WTF, is that it?"

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    You may disagree on the size/duration of the caps and that's fine, but limiters in and of themselves aren't inherently "lazy".
    agree, if Coil was like CT, that would be fine.

some players really need to be saved from themselves, and some of us need to be saved from those people.

I'm just going to roughly side with Silenka and say those you feel need saving a significant minority and those legitimately stymied by the caps are likely way higher. And this capping system is only going to get worse as they add more jobs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I look forward to finding out whether they plan on actually making us all cap another level of trust with all the existing beastmen in order to be considered 'complete'.
    whywouldyousaythis

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    whywouldyousaythis
    Already hinted at that in game ; ; I wont be surprised.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yeah, they changed the current max rank to say 0/X (720? I forget) rather than it's previous 0/0, but you can't actually increase it yet. I just assumed that meant another tier was coming soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast