1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't know about you, but once I hit cap I'm still doing these daily for the mats.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Don't know about you, but once I hit cap I'm still doing these daily for the mats.
    Ditto, which is why I'm wondering if I should just cut right to it. Just stockpiling the Oaknots until I need something to use them on.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh right, 6 quests of oak knots vs 5. Ignore me.
    Spoiler: show
    I'd still max rep first since it's about what, 14 less philo mats altogether?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

How are people on rank 6 already?

I missed the first day and am currently 478/990.
    Did I mysteriously miss another day without realising it?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah you are a couple days behind. People who didn't get the "0th" day before reset on patch day will be able to hit rank 6 tomorrow.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Do we need oak for the minion/mount?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Honestly, this is just getting to be incredibly tedious now, with all the class changing and ability reset timers ontop of having to go to all these fucking places. I think I might actually miss the days of chaining applications of Heavy trying to move through a stronghold.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Honestly, this is just getting to be incredibly tedious now, with all the class changing and ability reset timers ontop of having to go to all these fucking places. I think I might actually miss the days of chaining applications of Heavy trying to move through a stronghold.
    Earlier ranks sucked for running around. Later ranks are all focused in a given spot and have craft NPCs near warp points. That and doubling up on delivery quests takes one part of the headache out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's more that you're going to be utilizing quests between ranks, which inevitably means multiple zones and several class changes. It's worse if you have to change to DoW/DoM and wait on ability timers.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The rewards are so good. Being able to get stuff like peacock ore and shit (for maxing out the other crafts weapons) + 500 myth items as well? and the gloves only cost 10? Too good. (I can use those gloves on a few classes I haven't fully melded out)

Can't wait.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't grab more than one set of materials from the rank 6 quests or you may not have enough CP to reach max quality on certain crafts. Do one set at a time and remove the previous buff.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I don't see a lot of class switching back-and-forth to DoW. I'm about to unlock Rank 6 and get 1 or 2 DoW quests. The switching is not difficult nor tedious. These are the easiest Beastmen quests of all the clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    It's more that you're going to be utilizing quests between ranks, which inevitably means multiple zones and several class changes. It's worse if you have to change to DoW/DoM and wait on ability timers.
    You should only have to change to DoW once per zone, and you only have to wait 30s for the GCD to be up.

If you need to change more often than that then you're going about things pretty out of order (accept quests -> change to DoW -> do any combat related tasks -> change to DoL if you have any of those quests -> DoH to finish).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    You should only have to change to DoW once per zone, and you only have to wait 30s for the GCD to be up.

If you need to change more often than that then you're going about things pretty out of order (accept quests -> change to DoW -> do any combat related tasks -> change to DoL if you have any of those quests -> DoH to finish).
    It might be because i'm just really lazy and it's one more hassle involved. Well, that and having to watch my abilities slowly reset.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Is anyone else unimpressed with the glove reward? They're good, don't get me wrong, and they'll save a lot of gil for melding and inventory space. But trading one stat for another is just... well, I wouldn't say it's terrible, but it's far from impressive. Yes 3 control should be better than 3 CP for a lot of things, unless your rotation + gear needs that CP, which instantly makes them worse.

i70 should be > i55 all around, not situational sidegrade.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It's merely there to lessen the gap between people who've melded their shit and people who don't, since it's so easy (albeit time consuming) to get. I'm going to get them, and I'll use them on the only DoH I haven't bothered melding (CUL).

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's basically just a bridge, yes. And it isn't really even a situational sidegrade, as the 3 CP facilitated by melds on your AF is much more useful than that piddly amount of Control gained.. for like everything you could possibly be doing really.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

i'm not so sure, the only reason 3 CP would help, would be to remove the Bouillabaise usage. While 5 more Control could make you hit 100% in less hits

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    i'm not so sure, the only reason 3 CP would help, would be to remove the Bouillabaise usage. While 5 more Control could make you hit 100% in less hits
    It all depends on what you're doing. The currency food macro i'm using uses exactly enough CP that I CANT drop 3CP.