+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    There are NMs in the Hollow Weapon Facility (first tele area option, last option on the sub list, and 180 in the game), behind a 3-hole door (knight, golem, and slime). These take 0 damage unless the correct weapon-type is used. You deal damage but it is 0. At 112, I AFKed leveled every weapon to 1k. Use the right type, and your allies will keep you alive but deal no damage.
    I am around level 112, but most of my allies are not. Who did you take in here? I just tried this and it was pretty ineffective for me. I wasn't skilling very fast at all, and we actually all ended up dying after a bit. Guessing that is because outside of myself and Strea no one is much higher than level 80. Did you go in with 4 others (one PT'd with you and 3 others) that were in their 100s?

How the heck do you unlock the 3 hole doors anyway? Too busy playing ToX2 lately but going back soon.

Empty the three rooms nearby, one has slimes, one has golems and the last has skeles. Once I read theshun's post saying that the locked room had 3 NMs in it, one for each of those, it was obvious. It wouldn't have been otherwise, so thanks theshun!

Makes sense. I've been dodging mobs left and right, trying to save the difficulty of the game instead of hardcore grinding. Guess I'll gotta let that attitude go a little bit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    I am around level 112, but most of my allies are not. Who did you take in here? I just tried this and it was pretty ineffective for me. I wasn't skilling very fast at all, and we actually all ended up dying after a bit. Guessing that is because outside of myself and Strea no one is much higher than level 80. Did you go in with 4 others (one PT'd with you and 3 others) that were in their 100s?
    Asuna is 106 (I think she really matters), Lisbeth is 100, Klein was 96, and some random was 88. I did this so I had each type covered. At the very least, use the matching type, and burn through the lower levels. Since they are 122, it will slow down in the 600+. The 140s might be better for the later levels, for speed.

I actually just started using the recommendation I quoted earlier (Head to Verdant Street of the Offering, and go south a map into Tunnel from Outer World. There are level 140~ beholder monsters) in a full party. I am getting about 20 or so skill ranks from each Marlboro, and the fight takes about 2 minutes. The reason this makes more sense right now is because I am also shunting XP off to the Party using the EXP PT skill so they are leveling as well. In addition, I can sit and spam Skill and Stun requests to my ally and make progress on her BUF outfit. Win win win.

A helpful Hollow Area map for us until our patch hits and we get these clear route paths...
    Spoiler: show

Patch/Update is out today (650 or so MB) in NA and hopefully soon in EU. There is also a small free DLC with GGO gear for Sinon and Kirito.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man, this needs to hurry up and be discounted. So tempted to pick it up, but I don't want the inevitable PS+ price drop to hit right after I do.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sorry for the bump, Re: Hollow Fragment is up on PSN now for PS4. Also, translation for this and Vita improved.

However, don't buy Re: Hollow Fragment if you plan on getting Lost Song. Pre-Order is up for Lost Song and comes bundled with Re: Hollow Fragment for free immediately.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Anyone playing the ps4 version figure out how to open the context menu (previously square button)? Seems to be quite a few options missing without it, like the event list and battle log and such.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Vincento View Post
    Anyone playing the ps4 version figure out how to open the context menu (previously square button)? Seems to be quite a few options missing without it, like the event list and battle log and such.
    Left side of the touch pad

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Left side of the touch pad
    Thanks, was driving me crazy. Hold L2 and move right joystick up and down to adjust camera if you haven't noticed yet.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    Empty the three rooms nearby, one has slimes, one has golems and the last has skeles. Once I read theshun's post saying that the locked room had 3 NMs in it, one for each of those, it was obvious. It wouldn't have been otherwise, so thanks theshun!
    They are weak to a certain element, such as slashing, blunt, or piercing.
    Or rather they only take damage from a certain element i should say.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Did they remove the 4-man group/party? Or is that after a certain point in the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Sorry for the bump, Re: Hollow Fragment is up on PSN now for PS4. Also, translation for this and Vita improved.

However, don't buy Re: Hollow Fragment if you plan on getting Lost Song. Pre-Order is up for Lost Song and comes bundled with Re: Hollow Fragment for free immediately.
    Thanks! Here's a direct link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...ORDARTREHF000E

Edit: Lost Song link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...OLOSTSONG00000

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Did they remove the 4-man group/party? Or is that after a certain point in the story?
    The multiplayer option is at the title screen now and you choose offline to make the party of four AI and you.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PS4 trailer for Lost Song

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I love how much they showed off that custom character creater when its super limiting. like 2 faces and 2 hairstyles her race. no body type

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5