+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment [PSVITA, PS4]

Mina edit: Please keep try to keep story spoilers as well as definitely game spoilers clearly spoiler tagged.

There's also a free update planned for September 23. It's for the higher level stuff but:

Featuring “an estimated 30 hours of additional gameplay,” this update raises the level cap from 200 to 250, while also adding 50 new Hollow missions and heroine quests, new bosses, weapons, armor, areas, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Anyone who is on the fence about this game should go ahead and make sure you "Purchase" the free DLC that is available right now for a limited time. You can always download it later if you want it. :X
    Q: I heard Hollow Fragment includes a copy of Infinity Moment. Is this true?

A: Hollow Fragment includes all Infinity Moment gameplay using Hollow Fragment's new battle system. The new Hollow Fragment content adds new areas, a new character, new items, and a new plot to the original Infinity Moment game. Hollow Fragment is Infinity Moment plus a continuation - not two completely separate games.

Now onto Doombear's post!
    ----

Anyone else excited for SAO tomorrow? I can't wait. Another meaty game to add to my Vita collection. I am pretty excited to get started. It is a bit unfortunate that the big patch will not be available until September, but my understanding is that it is higher level stuff anyway, so maybe I will take my time getting there.

This is the video that sold me on it.

So many great things here that remind me of many other games that I love. I have even heard FF12 referenced. NMs. Those skilllllllls. Different weapons.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't watched the series nor any other animu in a million years, would I still care? Offline MMO style seems like a good time sucker, but I'm currently on a super modded Skyrim binge to hopefully hold me over til Hyrule Warriors/DA3

Hard to say, I have actually watched the entire first season (25 episodes) but apparently the game starts where the 14th episode leaves off and then branches into a totally different story all its own. To be honest, while I did like the anime, the gameplay I have seen from the videos and the length of the game itself (30-50, with another 30+ coming in the free update we will get in September) is what interests me the most. Knowing who the characters are is just kinda... a bonus. There IS a short recap at the beginning of the game from what I understand though.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I sat down and marathoned the first 14 episodes (I was told to not continue after that, blah blah blah, ymmv). But I'm kinda glad I stopped if this story branches from there. :O

I'm at work right now and I'm planning on downloading it, Doombear.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    I sat down and marathoned the first 14 episodes (I was told to not continue after that, blah blah blah, ymmv). But I'm kinda glad I stopped if this story branches from there. :O
    I've said it before, but basically it's like Star Wars. Ep 1-14 is like the original trilogy, everything after is like the new trilogy.
    If you're the kind of person who wished they had never seen the new trilogy and that it didn't exist, stop watching.
    If you can take the whole SW movie corpus without a sour taste in your mouth, you can probably keep going with SAO.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Well I don't think I'm at ultimate fangirl status with SAO like I am with Persona 4. I probably would be fine watching more of it. I am a huge fan of Asuna.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quite obviously now!

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

C'mon you know she is best girl status! Is anyone else planning on getting this with me and Doombear?

Krandor: I have seen a lot of the gameplay vids and it doesn't seem to require insider knowledge from the anime.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm getting it cause it does look good. Also Sugugugu w/e is the best.

Freedom Wars oct 28th

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ita/#sf4236589

For those looking for a head start in reducing your sentence within the world of Freedom Wars, our participating retailers are offering the same pre-order DLC as the original Japan release. These items include:
    Limited Edition Costume – Personalize your Freedom Wars character with Formal Wear
    Powerful Starter Weapons – Upgraded melee and long range attack weapon.
    Limited Edition Sticker Set – For in-game use
    Combat Pack Item – Medical Supply Set

Lastly, for those that want the same pre-order items for the digital version, simply purchase Freedom Wars between Tuesday, October 28th to Tuesday, November 11th. After that, the pre-order items will no longer be available.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Also Sugugugu w/e is the best.

Freedom Wars oct 28th

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ita/#sf4236589
    Correct. Suguha best waifu.
    Xillia 2 is today though so fuck this game for now.

Freedom Wars, however, I have my eyes on. Might be my holdover til Toukiden Extreme if it is good enough.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I'm stuck on whether I want to change how Kirito looks or not. I think had I not watched the anime I woulda definitely changed the avatar. Now I'm kinda at a weird 'should I... shouldn't I' sort of thing. Not really important but just something I've been thinking about this morning.

Edit: if we end up talking a lot about SAO:HF I'll splinter our discussions into a separate thread. I don't think we got a lot to worry about for now. :> For a Vita only DL exclusive, I don't expect much.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Going to be gone most of the day today, but gonna get SAO tomorrow.

Marathoner the anime a few weeks ago.

Then watched a hilarious abridged of it yesterday.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

:D Aw yis, lots of people to discuss this game. So excited.
    Do you guys wanna talk a lot about it? I gotta know if I need to refresh this page like crazy. Idk how much you guys have already researched about this game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd like to know more. Wasn't there something about this also including the PSP game?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Supposed to yeah

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SAO is up. Gotta search to find it. 3GB $40

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

At first I wasn't sure about SAO (I thought it looked like the combat was pretty slow), but I might end up picking it up. I thought the anime was ok, so maybe that will help some.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Basically the IM part is the Aincrad parts of the game and HF part is the Hollow Area.

Q: I heard Hollow Fragment includes a copy of Infinity Moment. Is this true?

A: Hollow Fragment includes all Infinity Moment gameplay using Hollow Fragment's new battle system. The new Hollow Fragment content adds new areas, a new character, new items, and a new plot to the original Infinity Moment game. Hollow Fragment is Infinity Moment plus a continuation - not two completely separate games.

Yeah, that was a bit of confusion that was never really properly cleared up. Not two games, essentially it remakes the PSP parts in this one. I am downloading it now, 30 minutes or so left. Don't forget the free for a week or so DLC costumes if you want those!

As for the Anime, I enjoyed all of it, but totally understand why people are divided regarding the second half. It's different, and I can see perfectly why people don't care for it. Cantih's analogy is spot on, though I don't think anything is remotely as cringe-worthy as Jar Jar in the second half =) I just started the second season last night, or rather the first season of SAO II and so far it seems promising.

Anyway, I can't wait to get into this today on my lunch break (which I have a feeling will be running a bit long...) and to your character dilemma, Mina, I will be sticking with Kirito. Just seems more canon that way, and I thought it was kind of distracting creating a unique character only to have Kirito's face in the cut-scenes and battle animation art. If that kind of thing is no big deal though, then get creative!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    though I don't think anything is remotely as cringe-worthy as Jar Jar in the second half
    Spoiler: show
    SIS - Stupid Imouto Shit

All this "I want my sister/my sister wants me" shit needs to die in a fire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast