+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That save thing in the option menus. Wasn't paying attention and went with it. Whatever got past the tutorial again.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Multiplayer (Alone) is awesome for running around with four other NPCs. Makes leveling your friends way easier than one at a time.

Really having a blast with this game. The battle system, amount of skills, timing, everything. I am not surprised at all by it's current 1000+ ratings on PSN.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I want to mastery every weapon

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe until the patch comes it's impossible to max out the skill tree because there's a cap on the number of points you can earn. That's changed on the patch though

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh? Guess I'll take it slow then.

Do want katana and 2hand sword unlocked. Working on scimitar currently.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This concealed area in MP is a great place to grind too.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Any tips for a beginner? I'm barely into the game, just beat the first mob and a few others in the immediate starting area.

The sheer number of skills is a little overwhelming and I can't figure out if I'm using the battle system properly.

I'm not that much in (4hrs) but there's a post somewhere in this thread that someone put some copypasta in that has excellent tips.

Summary:
    - Get the XP up skill from Scout
    - Spend more time doing Hollow stuff than climbing, and finish the Hollow stuff before you get a bit into climbing floors (do like maybe 1 or 2 floors to learn mechanics)
    - You can turn on solo Multiplayer in the Hollow area and run with 5 characters at once; makes leveling a joke. If you want to build up your members faster, there's another skill that lets you give out the XP you would have gotten to them instead (very useful for Sinon etc)

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment [PSVITA]

Also get ALL THE FINAL HIT BONUSES on floor bosses, and don't let anyone die ever. Trophies etc.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    I'm not that much in (4hrs) but there's a post somewhere in this thread that someone put some copypasta in that has excellent tips.

Summary:
    - Get the XP up skill from Scout
    - Spend more time doing Hollow stuff than climbing, and finish the Hollow stuff before you get a bit into climbing floors (do like maybe 1 or 2 floors to learn mechanics)
    - You can turn on solo Multiplayer in the Hollow area and run with 5 characters at once; makes leveling a joke. If you want to build up your members faster, there's another skill that lets you give out the XP you would have gotten to them instead (very useful for Sinon etc)
    Good stuff thanks. Can you use passive skills you unlock in weapon trees other than the weapon you have equipped? Is it necessary to level up all of the characters or could I technically just use the same one if I wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    Also get ALL THE FINAL HIT BONUSES on floor bosses, and don't let anyone die ever. Trophies etc.
    Does this just mean dealing the final blow?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Yes. You should get a message that pops up when you get the last hit.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Going around hollow maps looking for chests for weapons is prty gewd. Found some decent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Good stuff thanks. Can you use passive skills you unlock in weapon trees other than the weapon you have equipped? Is it necessary to level up all of the characters or could I technically just use the same one if I wanted to?

Pretty sure passives are always on regardless of equipped weapons.

You can keep using the same ones, but I don't know if there's any times you're forced to use certain members outside of the tutorial/Hollow stuff. So keeping a few up there in level probably will benefit you, plus you'd have more higher level people for floor bosses making it even less likely that someone will die.

Speaking of Passives I JUST realized that you have to equip Passives from the Skill Tree screen... I must have 6 unlocked, and pretty sure I have never had any quipped. To answer your question, it seems like it. I have the Dagger Passive equipped right now and I am skilling up Scimitar.

Also, here is a nice way to level up skills apparently (from GAF, who found it somewhere else):

To level a weapon fast, wear any gear that decreases attack interval (usually called Mirage stuff), equip Celerity as your passive, and use the following skills:
    [ ] Stealth POS - lowers Hate raises ATK Speed (lv 1 Dagger - 2pts)
    [ ] Dancing Blade - increases PT DLB ATK (lv 2 Dual - 3pts)
    [ ] Speed Master - Decreases ATK (lv 2 Rapier)
    [ ] Brave Storm - raises ATK Speed/DBL ATK (lv 2 Rapier - 8pts)
    [ ] Star Saber - lowers DEF raises ATK Speed/Dodge (lv 3 Dagger - 8 pts)
    [ ] Sword Dancer - increases ATK Speed/Sword Skill Speed (lv 2 Rapier - 8pts)
    [ ] First Step - increases PT ATK Speed (lv 2 Dual - 8pts)

Head to Verdant Street of the Offering, and go south a map into Tunnel from Outer World. There are level 140~ beholder monsters there that have a lot of HP and easily avoidable attacks. Let your auto-attack spam on them with all the buffs on and you'll be 1000 mastery in no time.

I'm really enjoying the gameplay but holy shit. How did this game pass cert with the one quarter-assed translation?

Yeah... I defended it at first as I didn't see much wrong in the early story sections. However, once I started grinding the relationship ranks for everyone... HO LY SHIT there is just endless bad.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm pretty much certain that the game's english version is a last minute rush job. There isn't even a physical version available unless I've missed it

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    Speaking of Passives I JUST realized that you have to equip Passives from the Skill Tree screen... I must have 6 unlocked, and pretty sure I have never had any quipped. To answer your question, it seems like it. I have the Dagger Passive equipped right now and I am skilling up Scimitar.

Also, here is a nice way to level up skills apparently (from GAF, who found it somewhere else):

To level a weapon fast, wear any gear that decreases attack interval (usually called Mirage stuff), equip Celerity as your passive, and use the following skills:
    [ ] Stealth POS - lowers Hate raises ATK Speed (lv 1 Dagger - 2pts)
    [ ] Dancing Blade - increases PT DLB ATK (lv 2 Dual - 3pts)
    [ ] Speed Master - Decreases ATK (lv 2 Rapier)
    [ ] Brave Storm - raises ATK Speed/DBL ATK (lv 2 Rapier - 8pts)
    [ ] Star Saber - lowers DEF raises ATK Speed/Dodge (lv 3 Dagger - 8 pts)
    [ ] Sword Dancer - increases ATK Speed/Sword Skill Speed (lv 2 Rapier - 8pts)
    [ ] First Step - increases PT ATK Speed (lv 2 Dual - 8pts)

Head to Verdant Street of the Offering, and go south a map into Tunnel from Outer World. There are level 140~ beholder monsters there that have a lot of HP and easily avoidable attacks. Let your auto-attack spam on them with all the buffs on and you'll be 1000 mastery in no time.
    There are NMs in the Hollow Weapon Facility (first tele area option, last option on the sub list, and 180 in the game), behind a 3-hole door (knight, golem, and slime). These take 0 damage unless the correct weapon-type is used. You deal damage but it is 0. At 112, I AFKed leveled every weapon to 1k. Use the right type, and your allies will keep you alive but deal no damage.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I'm pretty much certain that the game's english version is a last minute rush job. There isn't even a physical version available unless I've missed it
    There isn't a physical release, you are right about that.

I don't feel like someone tried very hard on the localization team to patch up the dialogue trees. It's pretty bad at times.