1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's been true for about the last four years, since Fermi was first released (the GTX470).

ATI uses 4 digits right now, also starting from back in 2007. First digit is the "generation". Second digit generally indicates iteration of the CPU design (higher numbers being the earlier enthusiast-driven designs), third digit indicates on a more specific level how many cores/shader engines the card had.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Berabouman View Post
    I guess someone should have told me that before I bought the chip, huh.

Is there a general rule to remember when buying graphics cards in the future? Like a numbering system for reference or something? (like ending in -50 is a gaming chip etc) As you can see I'm terrible at this...FF14 is the only game I actually play on my PC, I use my PS3 for all other games.
    Usually the general rule (and the simplest to remember). The more expensive it is, the better it is (yes that sounds silly but its pretty much true 90% the time).
    Of course, this means buying from stores online, buying it from a local retail store, this will greatly skew that as retail stores somewhat sell at the price they got it for, with some markup.

Thanks everyone for their help and tips. Even if I'm stuck with a lousy card at least I learnt a lot! Wanted to post thanks on the other thread that I started in the past too but I didn't want to necro...so, yeah. Thanks again.