+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    This seems completely bizarre to me.

(that gays wouldn't want them included, that is)
    the opinion is fairly common, It's pretty rare to read the comment section to any article about trans people on most sites devoted to gay issues that does not devolve into this.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

This seems completely bizarre to me.

(that gays wouldn't want them included, that is)
    Just read the comments from the two homos above you

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyX View Post
    lol don't bother, even breathing will enrage a Social Justice Warrior
    people like yourself often confuse "thoughtful person" with "social justice warrior".

BG Level

Anyway I actually didn't expect to be so right that token gay men would run here to complain about transsexuals.

Usually takes at least 5 minutes for it to be obvious i'm right.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Just read the comments from the two homos above you
    It just. I mean sure, there are always idiots. But like I imgaine the movement is all about people who may have identities that don't fit into social/sexual "norms"

Also considering some want to add like ten million letters after LGBT. It's like the polar opposite.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    well know we know corey's tag.

BG Level

It just. I mean sure, there are always idiots. But like I imgaine the movement is all about people who may have identities that don't fit into social/sexual "norms"

Also considering some want to add like ten million letters after LGBT. It's like the polar opposite.
    It's a pretty uneasy alliance. Gay white men are usually the face of the movement and lesbians obviously resent that. Nobody pays attention to the bisexuals, and transsexuals feel that the rest of the alphabet soup ignores their needs and is perfectly willing to throw them under the bus when it suits them. Then there's the radical queers that wana add even more letters to that shit like intersexual, queer, questioning and god knows what. Then of course there's bisexuals having to deal with the pansexuals who claim bi identity is inherently transphobic or some shit.

It's a lot bullshit.

I'm a sapiosexual lycanthrope, this whole thread is offensive to me.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

thats why i decided i didn't need to understand it. if a 6'7" person with a beard and gravely voice tells me they identify as a squid and would prefer the pronoun "ward" then that's what i'mma try to call 'em. but what gets me is at what point does it cease being self identity and move into attention whoring? i mean the relatively mundane stuff like lgbt is pretty obviously legit, but i'm not exaggerating much with the squid identity. and that just reeks of attention whore to me, and i honestly can't see myself willingly hanging out with anyone like that. i'd die of a cringe attack.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Is thay corey or koul?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    thats why i decided i didn't need to understand it. if a 6'7" person with a beard and gravely voice tells me they identify as a squid and would prefer the pronoun "ward" then that's what i'mma try to call 'em. but what gets me is at what point does it cease being self identity and move into attention whoring? i mean the relatively mundane stuff like lgbt is pretty obviously legit, but i'm not exaggerating much with the squid identity. and that just reeks of attention whore to me, and i honestly can't see myself willingly hanging out with anyone like that. i'd die of a cringe attack.
    Pretty much answered your own question. You call them what they want and walk away. Perhaps in that case you should walk away faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Then there's the radical queers that wana add even more letters to that shit like intersexual, queer, questioning and god knows what.
    It seems like adding 'god knows what' would kind of undermine the whole purpose.

Check your privilege. I'm a Genderfluid Transsissy Reformed Lesbiophilic Heteromollusk Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons. If you do not address me as such to the letter you are oppressing me and deserve to die, scum.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

pretty sure you're just an asshole

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

that's what i read

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

That's not me on IGN.

and there's a ton of animosity within the whole umbrella that is the LGBT community. It's not just gays against trans- or vice versa. It's everyone against everyone. I've been seen as less than by lesbians, trans-, other gays. I've been called a racist from black gays/latinos because I didn't respond to them on grindr (god forbid I be away from my phone or something) I've been told I'm a narcissistic dumb blonde twink who deserves to die from AIDS from older gents because I said I wasn't interested. Funny enough, I've faced less discrimination from heterosexuals than people in the LGBT community. So, not to compare my misery to others but I think I have a speck of understanding with how slur words make a person feel.

I've just come to the conclusion that it's a difference in personality. I choose to not let slur words trigger me, I opt to try and use them to empower myself and I try to explain the pros- of doing that to others. I just don't see the purpose in wasting energy getting upset unless it's completely fucking ridiculous like the Uganda kill the gays bill or something in that regard. Again, difference in personality though.

As a gay minority I've been called every legitimately derogatory and offensive name under the sun so I think it's funny when people get so buttdevastated when someone who doesn't even mean any offense or discrimination says something that may not appease a tranny's sensitivities. Why do they get special delicate treatment? They need to grow thicker skin and their warriors need to stop whiteknighting. I for one can't imagine living an existence where every word in the English language is offensive and victimizing. Must be a truly horrific life if everything in the universe triggers you. Same for feminazis and their trauma against men.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

because you don't get to decide what is and isnt a slur to someone else. if you don't want to be called a fucking faggot then maybe you shouldnt be such a dick about it when other people dont want to be called something they dont like

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just wanted to post and say that kuya is correct.

Personally, I don't fully understand the entire concept, well, I do understand it a bit but it's still weird to me.

However, I try to be a decent person, so even though it may weird me out, I am supportive and wish the best for them. I'm happy for the two in the article just as I'm happy for niro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast