BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Visual Settings Compromised

I have my PC hooked into a 40" TV via the usual PC Monitor cable (the trapezoid shaped pin thing with the two screws) and I ran it at pretty high resolution, at least 1920 x something IIRC, might've been in the 2000s. I recently had to update iTunes due to setting up a new Apple product and when my computer rebooted from the required restart my computer was now limited to 1600 x 1200 which looks awful on the TV. I can't figure out how to restore my old visual settings to get to higher resolutions. Any help is very appreciated.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Odd, it sounds like you lost your GPU drivers and it's defaulted to a very basic set of drivers (aka: none)

What options do you have in screen resolution settings?

(If this is a Mac I'm probably helpless)

(Unless you have some recent tech I doubt it's in the 2000s, it's quite recent)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    (the trapezoid shaped pin thing with the two screws)
    I really hope you mean DVI
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Dvi-cable.jpg
    and not VGA
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Vga-cable.jpg

If it really were the latter it would be a wonder that you managed to run anything higher than 1280x1024 without getting a bunch of ugly pixels instead of a good image.

DVI should be able to handle resolutions up to 2560x1600 without any trouble. Like stig said, it could be that the graphics driver got screwed up. Is it a mac with bootcamp or a normal windows pc?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That picture makes it look like your vid drivers got hosed. Who would have thought iTunes would fuck with vid drivers?

Try a system restore to just before updating itunes if there is one. If no system restore, reinstall the vid drivers.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Drivers are borked.