Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    SJWs aren't shitstains
    hahaha wow man that's a good one

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

lots of people who call themselves SJWs are obnoxious assholes about it, and I won't deny that, but that's still better than intentionally antagonizing and insulting people, or saying that respecting people is just too annoying to you, which is what makes you a shitstain. it costs you nothing to not be an asshole, so why not refrain from it?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

at the end of the day the greater evil is people treating other people like shit for no reason, not people being obnoxious ABOUT the people who are treating others like shit. ideally both sides would calm the fuck down and move towards a solution but that won't happen any time soon, if at all.

Banned.

BG Level

lots of people who call themselves SJWs are obnoxious assholes about it, and I won't deny that, but that's still better than intentionally antagonizing and insulting people, or saying that respecting people is just too annoying to you, which is what makes you a shitstain. it costs you nothing to not be an asshole, so why not refrain from it?
    their insane concept of what is acceptable

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Yes, there are extremes on both sides and clearly neither is acceptable, I don't know how I can be more clear about that? but the answer isn't exactly in the middle of the two, the endpoint needs to be somewhere on the "treat everyone fairly" side of the scale. Where it's at now is simply unacceptable. I'm not saying "oh you can't say this" or "this should be censored" but I am saying "if you say shit, you deserve to get called out on it, and deal with the consequences" whether that's lack of sales of a product you're pushing, or just being disliked/shunned/whatever.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Stop having this conversation the way corey wants to have this discussion. The only person in the thread talking about social justice warriors is the guy complaining about social justice warriors. Ignoring the gigantic gap that exists between being a decent thoughtful person and being a social justice warrior.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Stumblingdrunk View Post
    Ignoring the gigantic gap that exists between being a decent thoughtful person and being a social justice warrior.
    Except most people on here aren't actually decent thoughtful people. Bolded the important part but they aren't decent either.
    Shame tactics are some ol' fascist bullshit.

Lets try to keep this on target though because this discussion surely isn't about Faux News anymore.

Banned.

BG Level

Yes, there are extremes on both sides and clearly neither is acceptable, I don't know how I can be more clear about that? but the answer isn't exactly in the middle of the two, the endpoint needs to be somewhere on the "treat everyone fairly" side of the scale. Where it's at now is simply unacceptable. I'm not saying "oh you can't say this" or "this should be censored" but I am saying "if you say shit, you deserve to get called out on it, and deal with the consequences" whether that's lack of sales of a product you're pushing, or just being disliked/shunned/whatever.
    I'm not comfortable putting that kind of power in the hands of a bunch of attention-seeking white girls on twitter/tumblr who think eating a burrito is equivalent to oppressing mexicans.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah, like with many many other issues I feel like both extremes will just force each other to be more and more extreme and shit will just stay fucked, i don't even know why I bother to try posting about it/discussing it irl.

edit: and honestly, I probably take a lot of the frustration I have from dealing with ignorant/hateful people irl out on here, which is shitty of me. easier to tell random posters that I think they're assholes than to tell someone I know personally. sorry about that.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Someone get walk a coffee.

On topic: I wish they would do aljazeera. I am curious where they would be on the spectrum.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's weird to me when people use the term SJW as an insult. I can't think of a more worthy cause to fight for than social justice. Must be nice to have so much privilege that you can't see that.

It's weird when people defend people who are literally batshit crazy. I can't think of a more worthy cause than shutting them up. There's a difference between social justice and Social Justice Warriors, who are on the extreme polar opposite end of Fox News Warriors

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

We're trying to get a batshit crazy person to shut up too, but you keep posting.

We're trying to get a batshit crazy person to shut up too, but you keep posting.
    #Triggered. Reporting you to the Feelings Police

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyX View Post
    It's weird when people defend people who are literally batshit crazy.
    Incredible.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    It's weird to me when people use the term SJW as an insult. I can't think of a more worthy cause to fight for than social justice. Must be nice to have so much privilege that you can't see that.
    I think the term generally gets thrown around more towards those who are really extremist in their opinions. I think people who work for social justice are great but I have a negative connotation in mind if I hear someone is a social justice warrior. Thanks tumblr.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

^

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

there used to be a newspaper called social justice just before the second world war

It was anti semitic and facist

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    there used to be a newspaper called social justice just before the second world war

It was anti semitic and facist
    so a lot like modern social justice, then?