Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thats actually what they have said, I am picking up my first 3dd this weekend and found out the same thing about the charger and read in a few places they wanted to not have to raise the price of the new 3ds by keeping it in there since most people are upgrading over buying for the first time.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Well that was Nintendo's excuse. Though honestly the charger isn't much. 14.99 in store, though Amazon has it prime available for 9.99.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For those upgrading: Do you honestly see a reason in getting the new one over what you currently have, assuming you have the XL?
    Other than thetiny right analog stick, I don't see a point to it really.. but when I compare the prices of the two, it really doesn't matter I suppose since there's only like a 15 dollar difference. Even found that walmart is selling it with a game (can pick MM so I guess I'll go with that one..) for 210.

What's interesting to me is that Ocarina of Time isn't available anywhere, and those selling it online put it up for like 70-80 bucks... the hell?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    For those upgrading: Do you honestly see a reason in getting the new one over what you currently have, assuming you have the XL?
    Other than thetiny right analog stick, I don't see a point to it really.. but when I compare the prices of the two, it really doesn't matter I suppose since there's only like a 15 dollar difference. Even found that walmart is selling it with a game (can pick MM so I guess I'll go with that one..) for 210.

What's interesting to me is that Ocarina of Time isn't available anywhere, and those selling it online put it up for like 70-80 bucks... the hell?
    Textures and general processing is better in the n3DS XL. It's up to you to decide; I upgraded from an OG 3DS.

Apparently they stopped producing the 3DS OoT or something, yeah. Nintendo likes to make a second-hand, scalper market.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Also keep in mind some games will now only work on the new 3ds.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Textures and general processing is better in the n3DS XL. It's up to you to decide; I upgraded from an OG 3DS.
    The system is noticeably faster in the menus than it was before, and I expect the eShop might be faster to navigate now. The web browser is modestly useable again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How about replacing the microSD? Would any of them work, or best to leave it to only specific brands?
    I assume the 4GB is too small if you start downloading games from the eshop..will 16GB cut it, or best to go with the 32?

Unless the price difference is a huge factor, I would get a 32GB card. I and a few others grabbed this one and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I also find that I have far fewer issues with my wi-fi (range, strength) than my daughter does with her OG 3DS XL. Never have a problem connecting and staying connected in MH4U. As others have said the generally more snappy UI is pretty damned nice too.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Nintendo is notorious for these shenanigans. They either produce the fuck out of their games for years and years and never drop the price or they discontinue it randomly and let the resale market gouge the fuck out of people.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    Unless the price difference is a huge factor, I would get a 32GB card. I and a few others grabbed this one and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I also find that I have far fewer issues with my wi-fi (range, strength) than my daughter does with her OG 3DS XL. Never have a problem connecting and staying connected in MH4U. As others have said the generally more snappy UI is pretty damned nice too.
    Grabbed something similar, it has a "ultra plus" on it instead. Pretty sure it'll work out just as well. Cost me like 4 bucks more than that link @ BB.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Nintendo is notorious for these shenanigans. They either produce the fuck out of their games for years and years and never drop the price or they discontinue it randomly and let the resale market gouge the fuck out of people.
    They do it to keep the value up on their games. Which is why you hardly see sales on Nintendo games.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Considering almost all 3DS games can be DL from the e-shop it really doesn't matter if they go out of print unless you're really hoping for the cartridge. In which case it's best not to wait several years to buy the game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven coming to NA June 2nd & EU June 4th
    Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven is a strategy RPG adventure from the famed producer of the acclaimed Rune Factory series. Main character “Luchs” is an unsuccessful innkeeper forced to excavate crystals to make his way in life. One day while digging, he discovers a mysterious fairy maiden encased in a crystal! On awakening, the fairy maiden starts Luchs on a fantastical adventure where he must battle monsters, discover and uncover the secrets of six more fairy maidens, manage his inn and much much more!

Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven features an innovative turn based battle system. Movement range is dictated by a circle of reach, and attacks will affect multiple enemies if they are within this circle.

Key Features

• Seven Heroines, Seven Stories - Each of the seven fairy maiden heroines who come to inhabit the inn have their own stories to tell, and building relationships with them will unlock new, specialized attacks to aid in combat when they join the battle party.

• Strategic Combat Makes Every Turn Count - “Bowl” over as many enemies with a single strike as possible, challenging players to line up melee, ranged and magical attacks so frontline enemies are knocked into others for maximum collateral damage.

• Craft Your Way to New Skills - In addition to unlocking new abilities, participating in Free Battles and registering for StreetPass can provide rare crafting items for use in creating new skills to help turn the tides of battle.

• Adjustable Difficulty Levels and More - Players can toggle among Easy, Normal and Hard difficulties, use the Fast Forward feature to speed up combat as desired, or relive fond memories via in-game movie and art galleries.
    Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland

http://atelier-ps3.jp/rorona/3ds/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey guys, I'm new to BG and I'm wondering if there are any Fantasy Life players interested in multiplayer online. Preferably players who have mastered their dps life. Hope to hear back! Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So I'm not sure if it would work this way or not. My current 3ds is a few versions old so I can still inject pokemon with the QR code exploit. I can't seem to find a 2DS or 3DS running the 9.5.0-18to22u that would let me run it.

If I were to buy a used 2/3DS and system transferred my current one over to it, the firmware wouldn't transfer, would it? So my only options are to keep looking for an un-updated model or bite it and buy a New 3DS and relegate my Gold Zelda XL to pokemon bitch?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

You have to update to the latest FW to do a system transfer

So you're stuck afaik

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server