+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Parents kicked son out of the house for being gay

That video has been making the rounds lately so i decided to post it since it seems like a pretty good portrayal of how some lgbt people are treated by their own family. I'm not sure if it's been confirmed if the video is legit (i have my doubts since i've been burned by a few hoaxes before).

Either way, what's really sad is how common this is.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

I keep thinking that the "I was born this way" argument does fit my natural view of how things are, but on the other side, wouldn't evolution shut that whole thing down?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    I keep thinking that the "I was born this way" argument does fit my natural view of how things are, but on the other side, wouldn't evolution shut that whole thing down?
    1. Evolution is not always going to be done with a reason.

2. If it did want a reason, then gays make a lot of sense. As far as nature is concerned we are severely overpopulated, so this can help curb tbat.

3. Oh god, I responded to a test posts.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Well, the good news is the internet banded together and raised $50k for him in a single day:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-help-him.html

BG Level

The important thing is that the "i was born this way" argument isn't true just because it fits with your natural view of how things are. Furthermore, it's not even an argument.

There is research being done that seeks to explain why, if homosexuality is a genetic trait, does it continue to propagate without the need for reproduction. I don't think there's a conclusive answer yet, but you only need to understand two things:

1- If as a heterosexual, you feel are naturally inclined to feel attraction to members of the opposite sex, then it's perfectly plausible to believe that other sexual orientations, such as homosexuality and bisexuality, are just as innate as your own.

2-Homosexual behavior is rife in nature, so you don't need science to explain to you why homosexuality continues to exist despite evolution, since you can see for yourself that homosexuality doesn't just exist in humans.

Also, homosexuality doesn't have to be innate in order to be respected and treated as normal. Religion and political views are choices that are protected by law.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    2. If it did want a reason, then gays make a lot of sense. As far as nature is concerned we are severely overpopulated, so this can help curb tbat.
    So nature has figured out that the planet is overpopulated and is now producing gay babies?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So nature has figured out that the planet is overpopulated and is now producing gay babies?
    Way to miss bullet 1, chief.

Here we go again...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Learn how evolution actually works. They have pretty much explained how homosexuality fits into evolution. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean it's not understood. There isn't just natural selection, but also sexual and group selection. If a homosexual person helps people closely related to him/her be more likely to raise children to sexual maturity, there's no pressure to get rid of the genes that might cause homosexuality.

You should look into modern evolutionary psychology, it explains all of this stuff in great detail.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

"I have gay friends" is the new "I have black friends".

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chiyio View Post

evolutionary psychology, .

BG Level

If a homosexual person helps people closely related to him/her be more likely to raise children to sexual maturity, there's no pressure to get rid of the genes that might cause homosexuality.
    So gay genes are preserved through siblings that get babies? Does that mean that we all carry the gene but it is only activated in a few of us?

BG Level

Nobody knows. There's no conclusive answer to your question yet.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

It's definitely true, you're already at least half gay genetically

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Not sure what the point of your post is Kuya? My guess is you either don't like or aren't comfortable with something that evolutionary psychology suggests is how human nature actually works, or you haven't actually studied it much. I guess it could be both.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    It's definitely true, you're already at least half gay genetically
    So when nature figures out you live in an overpopulated area as Ksandra claims, the gene is activated? Does this mean that nature is against gay people having babies?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

So when nature figures out you live in an overpopulated area as Ksandra claims,
    I said IF

IF, you ding bat.

As kuya said there are no answers yet.

With that said, in nature, sometimes when communities are overcrowded, there are links to an increase rise in babies that are born sterile. It is not out of the realm of possibility this could also lead to a rise in homosexuality. But again we don't have the answers.

Not everything in nature happens for a reason.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So when nature figures out you live in an overpopulated area as Ksandra claims, the gene is activated? Does this mean that nature is against gay people having babies?
    Nature doesn't figure anything out. Nature isn't a living thing.

BG Level

Not sure what the point of your post is Kuya? My guess is you either don't like or aren't comfortable with something that evolutionary psychology suggests is how human nature actually works, or you haven't actually studied it much. I guess it could be both.
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evolutionary_psychology

It's usually bad science.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

The "if we don't know -why- people are gay, then people aren't really gay" argument always baffles me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast