+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 114 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Either he's a SE employee (was?) or someone really good at acting like he is.
    he is a SE employee since I know him personal, what yuffy is saying is the truth.

So Mr Yuffy why does'nt SE wise up and realize the Alex part of the mythic is no longer relevant to how the game is now played and lower it?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by holyshoot View Post
    So Mr Yuffy why does'nt SE wise up and realize the Alex part of the mythic is no longer relevant to how the game is now played and lower it?
    go to the OF and ask yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    go to the OF and ask yourself
    I'd like a real talk answer. Since this SE employee seems to have loser lips then the dudes on the OF.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

seriously, what the hell is going on at SE??? @yuffie

Banned.

BG Level

Looks like everyone is finally getting the ban stick according to reports from FFXIAH. Draylo and many other prominent users of exploits were banned apparently

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

a bot isn't an exploit

Banned.

BG Level

exploit
    verb
    verb: exploit; 3rd person present: exploits; past tense: exploited; past participle: exploited; gerund or present participle: exploiting
    ɪkˈsplɔɪt,ɛk-/

make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on; More
    profit from/by, make capital out of;
    informalcash in on, milk
    "platinum was originally exploited by the Indians of Colombia and Ecuador"
    make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
    "the company was exploiting a legal loophole"
    benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them.
    "women are exploited in the workplace"
    synonyms: take advantage of, make use of, abuse, impose on, prey on, play on, misuse, ill-treat, bleed, suck dry, squeeze, wring, enslave, treat unfairly, withhold rights from; More
    manipulate, cheat, swindle, fleece, victimize, live off the backs of;
    informalwalk (all) over, take for a ride, put one over on, cash in on, rip off
    "a ruling class which exploited workers"
    antonyms: treat fairly

noun
    noun: exploit; plural noun: exploits
    ˈɛksplɔɪt/

a bold or daring feat.
    "despite a series of colourful exploits, his agents obtained little intelligence of value"
    synonyms: feat, deed, act, adventure, stunt, escapade, manoeuvre, enterprise, undertaking, move; More
    achievement, accomplishment, attainment, triumph;
    handiwork;
    informallark, caper
    "his exploits brought him fame and notoriety"
    a software tool designed to take advantage of a flaw in a computer system, typically for malicious purposes such as installing malware.

Campaign
    BG Level

permaban?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    exploit
    verb
    verb: exploit; 3rd person present: exploits; past tense: exploited; past participle: exploited; gerund or present participle: exploiting
    ɪkˈsplɔɪt,ɛk-/

make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on; More
    profit from/by, make capital out of;
    informalcash in on, milk
    "platinum was originally exploited by the Indians of Colombia and Ecuador"
    make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
    "the company was exploiting a legal loophole"
    benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them.
    "women are exploited in the workplace"
    synonyms: take advantage of, make use of, abuse, impose on, prey on, play on, misuse, ill-treat, bleed, suck dry, squeeze, wring, enslave, treat unfairly, withhold rights from; More
    manipulate, cheat, swindle, fleece, victimize, live off the backs of;
    informalwalk (all) over, take for a ride, put one over on, cash in on, rip off
    "a ruling class which exploited workers"
    antonyms: treat fairly

noun
    noun: exploit; plural noun: exploits
    ˈɛksplɔɪt/

a bold or daring feat.
    "despite a series of colourful exploits, his agents obtained little intelligence of value"
    synonyms: feat, deed, act, adventure, stunt, escapade, manoeuvre, enterprise, undertaking, move; More
    achievement, accomplishment, attainment, triumph;
    handiwork;
    informallark, caper
    "his exploits brought him fame and notoriety"
    a software tool designed to take advantage of a flaw in a computer system, typically for malicious purposes such as installing malware.
    you're an annoying troll, go back to your ps2. if you paid attention at all you'd know in game/computer terms the word exploit is the last line of what you just pasted. does a bot take advantage of a flaw in FFXI? no, it's not a "flaw." every game has bots and they clearly don't all share the same "flaw"

if you want someone to explain the difference between an exploit and a bot to you, i'm sure someone will but don't argue when you're wrong

pretty much SE is banning people right now for botting and being more gung-ho about it.

if you wanna stay safe and already have strikes on your account, stop using 12% speed and afk melee scripts

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Pretty much what D44k said. They aren't banning people for the Salvage thing. They're just actually responding to other reports now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And almost sounds like just taking the reports word for it... that reminds me I need to put in another contestation for my alleged rmting

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Porting back to Khim floor over and over is def an exploit though, if thats what its for (but its apparently not salvage related)

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    And almost sounds like just taking the reports word for it... that reminds me I need to put in another contestation for my alleged rmting
    Any basis for this? Just curious. I don't want to sift through the cesspool of "ded gaem" in the FFXIAH topic.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The game being dead could be why they're able to respond to a higher % of reports.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Any basis for this? Just curious. I don't want to sift through the cesspool of "ded gaem" in the FFXIAH topic.
    Well reading the ffxiah thread made it sound like that. And in my personal case (granted happened months ago but still) I know for a fact they had no proof of the rmt activity they accused me of since well it never happened and a 10 minute review of that accounts history would've showed it highly unlikely which leads me to believe they never really investigated. Maybe they just got tired of actually investigated and thought oh so many reports must be a violation insta ban. Or maybe if you ever associated with anyone of the said violation who knows but it's clearly not a real investigation. It's also clear that there is no real standard to their punishments. Note the people full out exploiting salvage with tons of proof (and flat out admission of guilt) of it definitely happening and lol 3 day suspension

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The two people I know who got temps were for EF, as they don't do anything else bannable. I don't know if the GMs verified the reports or not. It would be pretty recent reports too as one person has been back for a bit over a month after a year or two break.

Campaign
    BG Level

"EF" being what? "EasyFarm"?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

yup, thought that was common terminology sorry :X