1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    HMs in general seem to be "easier" in the sense that you finish them much quicker than their regular counterparts.
    Wondering if they will eventually ilvl sync or something past HM's as people progress, they can jsut drag everything in the zone and aoe it down pretty much. Only a few "gates" prevent it... sort of.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I seriously doubt they care that much about older content, they'll just continue to tweek newer content to hit harder to the point where if you're not a tank you're most likely getting 2 - 3 shot.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The fact that 2.4 includes new items for the Halloween event should be enough to confirm that the patch will be released in October. There's no 2.39 .
    Hello this was my line of thinking but then I saw this:
    http://xivdb.com/?search/!patch-Patch2.38

Halloween items were added to the game in 2.38, so I'm not as sure about that being the case anymore.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

Halloween items were added to the game in 2.38, so I'm not as sure about that being the case anymore.
    Cool, I did not know they added an Odin Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

Since they don't need an update to "turn on" the Halloween event I'm gonna go ahead and say last week of November, first week of December.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Going to be a joke when they release HM AV and it's easier than normal mode due to the level sync (which syncs ilevel) in the original.
    AV was never really a problem. For some reason it Coincounter just intimidates people because it's the first time they have to face a monster that doesn't give any attack cues beforehand.

Can bet your top dollar AV will be flooded to hell and back for mass ninja leveling.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Cool, I did not know they added an Odin Trial.
    Also Odin mount. Since the trial is only 15 mins, it almost screams the fact that it will be a Fan Fest trial. That and/or it's a REAL trial and you need to kill Odin in 15 mins before he insta-wipes your party with Shin-Zantetsuken, similar to his Final Fantasy V fight (In FFV you only have 1 minute).

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'm sure there will be an enrage on it for Zantetsukin, yeah. I actually didn't catch the fact that their could be an Odin Primal. That'd be really fun.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Here's hoping there's no /pray bullshit

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

They also started adding Shiva fight shit. Diamond Dust (and all of Odin's old attacks) and Shin-Zantesuken were added as well "striking resist down" and "ice resist down"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Also Odin mount. Since the trial is only 15 mins, it almost screams the fact that it will be a Fan Fest trial. That and/or it's a REAL trial and you need to kill Odin in 15 mins before he insta-wipes your party with Shin-Zantetsuken, similar to his Final Fantasy V fight (In FFV you only have 1 minute).
    I had the same thought, but so far all of the fan festival trials have been tweaked versions of existing trials. They already announced that the Moogle armor would be the fan-festival exclusive in-game content, so I'm hoping for the latter explanation of a hard-enrage.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

AV was never really a problem. For some reason it Coincounter just intimidates people because it's the first time they have to face a monster that doesn't give any attack cues beforehand.
    Personally when I run it I find it's healers that just can't handle the first and third boss damage output, even if fruits are being done right.
    And then low dps dragging things out. It all combines into killlll meeee, frequently literally.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    I had the same thought, but so far all of the fan festival trials have been tweaked versions of existing trials. They already announced that the Moogle armor would be the fan-festival exclusive in-game content, so I'm hoping for the latter explanation of a hard-enrage.
    Yeah which is also true and why I proposed it would be another trial-like fight with a much shorter timer. The only irony in my second reasoning is the fact that in any trial if you hit 0:00 you're going to lose regardless, so there might be some mechanic in the fight where he starts counting down after a specific percentage and will just wreck everyone's shit if they don't do enough damage/kill in time, much like FFXI Einherjar and his corresponding FATE. I can't see a rage timer happening because of how Odin has been perceived over the years. He just bops fools if they can't deal damage in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Personally when I run it I find it's healers that just can't handle the first and third boss damage output, even if fruits are being done right.
    And then low dps dragging things out. It all combines into killlll meeee, frequently literally.
    I've honestly never experienced the problem, but I've always been DPS (or tank) in there, so I always do decent enough damage to carry the PT on. I can see bad DPS being a problem on the last boss, especially with how much HP she has and all the stacks of debuffs she can impose. For the second boss however, I've seen and heard of so many unnecessary wipes, as if people cannot /focustarget and watch for a charge bar.

Now that I think about it, it must really suck for healers, huh? lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah which is also true and why I proposed it would be another trial-like fight with a much shorter timer. The only irony in my second reasoning is the fact that in any trial if you hit 0:00 you're going to lose regardless, so there might be some mechanic in the fight where he starts counting down after a specific percentage and will just wreck everyone's shit if they don't do enough damage/kill in time, much like FFXI Einherjar and his corresponding FATE. I can't see a rage timer happening because of how Odin has been perceived over the years. He just bops fools if they can't deal damage in time.
    Yeah, can I see the fight scripted to to end the timer with Shin-Zantetsuken wiping the party instead of simply fading out and starting over.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That doesn't really explain the 15 minute timer to me. Lots of fights in this game have enrage but they still do a regular timer because its annoying to have to exit and enter a fight over and over. Fight specific enrages are based from the time you start the fight, not the instance timer.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

FFXIV version of WoWs headless horseman fight for Halloween.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe Sleipnir is the extra reward for getting all the primal mounts. I remember them mentioning something like this.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    That doesn't really explain the 15 minute timer to me. Lots of fights in this game have enrage but they still do a regular timer because its annoying to have to exit and enter a fight over and over. Fight specific enrages are based from the time you start the fight, not the instance timer.
    The instance itself is 15 minutes long. Though you could still be right too essentially. I'm just seeing it from a lore-based perspective.

Weren't things like Hydra and Chimera 15 minute duties?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Hmmm I don't think so, not even in 2.0

Might've been 30? I remember having to wait what felt like forever one time when it glitched out, definitely more than 15.