1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

SE accounts & friend rewards etc

I have a second code for FFXIV.

1) Can I attach it to the same SE account?
    2) If I can and I do, will I get the friend rewards?

Thanks

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Has to be a different SE account regardless to get the rewards.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thanks

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I didn't feel like starting a new thread and this was the closest thing to being any way related... le bump.

How does name claiming work? I've just transferred a character to Excalibur and the name is taken, yet a character by that name is non-existent on the Lodestone (across all servers, no less). Does this imply that someone made a character with that name and since deactivated the account, and thus the name on Excalibur is taken forever? Would deleting that specific character free up the name or are the names gobbled up indefinitely?

Thanks in advance. :3

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I don't know the answer to that question but I want to thank you for actually posting in this thread because I JUST figured out why I couldn't make a new character with a name I wanted on my server. I took it from myself while I was trying to do a self reward thing. DERP GOOD JOB MINA.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I didn't feel like starting a new thread and this was the closest thing to being any way related... le bump.

How does name claiming work? I've just transferred a character to Excalibur and the name is taken, yet a character by that name is non-existent on the Lodestone (across all servers, no less). Does this imply that someone made a character with that name and since deactivated the account, and thus the name on Excalibur is taken forever? Would deleting that specific character free up the name or are the names gobbled up indefinitely?

Thanks in advance. :3
    Names are not saved infinitely once made as I transferred my legacy character months ago and have it the name of my placeholder after deleting that placeholder 30 seconds earlier. Maybe the lodestone does show lv1 characters or your server is currently locked for new character creation

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I would actually want to know this too. I know when I was making an alt I checked the name on lodestone and it wasn't taken but when I tried to make the char itself it kept telling me name was taken. =/ Ended up using a different name because of it.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I bet someone is reserving these names. Like made the character but never actually logged in it.

I -think- that's what I accidentally did to myself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I I have done that also because who wants to sit through the five-minute opening cut scene & dialogue that you can't skip.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Well back when the servers were first created you couldn't even queue in so people were making alts on every server... so I imagine there's a lot of unused characters sitting at that stage lol...