Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

so the abolished the rare tag on the JSE capes and added them with special augments into incursion. wow

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2v9bu3b.jpg

JSE SMN cape with augments: smn magic +2, bloodpact damage +3 and pet enmity +5 on top of all the stats the JSE capes allready have.

i have no idea of the amount of gear they have put into incursion with augments, there is no limits to this, they might have added JSE capes and a myriad of other stuff in there thats doesnt have a rare tag on it with augments.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Inb4 people receive absolutely broken augments on capes for jobs they don't play. Let the QQ commence.

They might have added various peacekeeper equipment with nice augments as 95% of gear from this patch seems to be WoE+1 stuff, the weapons are likely from incursion though. Maybe augmented avatar tear rings? ifrits ring with wsd+2% on it for example.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Does anyone here have any info on the new quest, "A Thirst for Eternity"? Palomel sent me to find a mithra that talks about "refractive energies", I've searched everywhere but I can't find her.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Does anyone here have any info on the new quest, "A Thirst for Eternity"? Palomel sent me to find a mithra that talks about "refractive energies", I've searched everywhere but I can't find her.
    That's interesting. I was told to talk to a young Mithra that can see 30 seconds into the future, which sounds really familiar, but I haven't had any luck yet.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    That's interesting. I was told to talk to a young Mithra that can see 30 seconds into the future, which sounds really familiar, but I haven't had any luck yet.
    I remember that quote about her too, actually. The one sentence that stuck about to me about her was right at the end, she said she always talks about "refractive energies".

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'll spoiler the mithra idendity for those who want to get there by themselves
    Spoiler: show
    it's the geomancer in Rabao, the one you went to for the waypoint initial quest

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So after we speak with the Mitrha, Roskin mentions that we should try searching in Yorcia Weald, Cirdas Caverns, Kamihr Drifts, and Ceizak Battlegrounds. But does anyone know what we're searching for? My first thought was to check the crystal thingy sticking out of the ground around G-10 in Ceizak since they've been there from the start and seem important, but I didn't seem to find anything there. In hindsight I don't think Cirdas has one of those, either (or perhaps I've just not found it if there is one). Just kind of running around blind atm and hoping I stumble upon something.

Edit: Just found the spot in Ceizak Battlegrounds. It's a glowing light around F-6 named Mnemonic Pool. Going to assume there's something similar in the other 3 zones as well.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hmm, just talked to the mithra, one part she says, "When you come across an area that might be connected to the events you seek". And the initial post SE mentioned about this quest they stated or practically need to be caught up to the current SoA mission to access this quest. I'm gonna try going back to key locations in those zones for the SoA storyline.

Trying to think of some off the top of my head, I know there was an area in Yorcia Weald, where you got the plume, I think the cave wher eyou met the tiger in kamihr might be a possibility as well, maybe Mount Kamihr as well, anyone else can think fo any other areas that could be possible locations?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The one in Cirdas Caverns is at H-8, on the southern side of the wall that shows up on the map. I'm running around Yorcia Weald atm... this zone could take awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Ok what the hell? The only difference between Flume Belt and Flume Belt +1 is DEF +3

Good thing I didn't sell my Flume Belt. Geez
    The question would be is if +1'ing it augments it as well. In which case it's DEF +3, Augment: (whatever).

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Leafe View Post
    The one in Cirdas Caverns is at H-8, on the southern side of the wall that shows up on the map. I'm running around Yorcia Weald atm... this zone could take awhile.
    The last two are in Yorcia and Kamihr. (Thanks Dats!) So you're on the right path!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    The question would be is if +1'ing it augments it as well. In which case it's DEF +3, Augment: (whatever).
    there are no augments on WoE gear, only on incursion drops

allready getting puke moments from WoE. i hate clusterfucks of people in events.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did some incursion, managed to find an NM and kill it with sam brd whm rdm(we got one KI), the zone is hugeeeeeeeeeeee and give a ton of exp/cp some of the mob near the NM gave us 800cp/kill.

When you kill nq mob you get coffers in inventory that you can open for random crap or augmented cap,(augment totally random so far?) we got shit like cp+17%; ranged attack +17 etc.

Mob are not dangerous at all so far but if you can split I can see how 18 is better than less for this

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finally managed to find the last two Mnemonic Pool for "A Thirst for Eternity". Just to recap, here are all four locations:
    Spoiler: show
    Ceizak Battlegrounds: (F-6)
    Cirdas Caverns: Southern side of the walled path at (H-8)
    Yorcia Weald: Northwest corner of (J-9)
    Kamihr Drifts: On the eastern side of the chasm onlooking Outer Ra'Kaznar at (G-8)

Once you have the KIs from all four pools return to Roskin to complete the quest. The reward is 8,000 bayld, and afterwards you can speak to Palomel for an additonal cutscene.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

managed to kill 2 NMs in incursion and then we found a very gigantic velkk NM; unique model looked like the king, had 4 min left. in the middle of fights he spawnd like 10 adds. stun AoE effect, amnesia effect on hits. fucktons of HP, we timed out @20% on him. Indi-vex recommended to prevent amnesia from this Big NM. We went with 6 people, zone is gigantic ¬.¬

got an augmented cape with +28% cap.points, accuracy +3 mnd +1 and def +3 on it from a velkk +1 coffer.

The amount of NM HP is big the NMs have, i am not sure if going with a half baked ally will help or hinder you more o.o depending by how much HP will be raised per member.

also yagrush adviced, all normal NMs seem to like to spam a move that has a plague curse para effect on it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

all normal NMs seem to like to spam a move that has a plague curse para effect on it
    The move however seemed pretty slow to me, possibly someone with a Stun could be nice.

The +CP% capes seem to be an easy drop. In 2 runs over half my Party got one. The "normal" NMs can drop special boxes with a random % chance of something good. One PT member got the new 6INT 5 MAB sash, other the Polearm.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We used stun and it landed on all the NM we fought.

Campaign
    BG Level

In 2 runs with 13 people we got ONE cape with +25% CP and nothing else. Came from NQ coffers.
    ONE single coffer from one of the 3 NMs we killed. Mine was empty.

Welcome back Voidwatch chests. How I missed your lovely inventory clogging behaviour! How I missed your good R/E drops on the wrong character attitude!

Campaign
    BG Level

On a side note, Mob's aggro range is 30 yalms, we ended up with around 18k/CP each run, and mobs hit really hard even on "normal" difficulty.