BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So I just got forban cape+1 from goblin box

Had the iLvl bug happen in a 100% #4. However the run ended once we killed all the non iLvl Mobs. Not sure if its related but when we did the subsequent Surged #4 the mobs were thirsting for blood from the moment we entered (I thought this normally only starts once you actually kill a mob).

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Flux #4 seems to act differently anyways since all the monsters are "bosses." I tend to notice the "The fiend thirsts for blood!" when 25% of the first Harpimaira's HP is missing and at regular intervals afterwards until all of them are aggroed. I have vague recollections of the thirst message behaving different between Fluxes before WoE was the weird-ass public event it is now so it might be a holdover from those days.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Flux #4 seems to act differently anyways since all the monsters are "bosses." I tend to notice the "The fiend thirsts for blood!" when 25% of the first Harpimaira's HP is missing and at regular intervals afterwards until all of them are aggroed. I have vague recollections of the thirst message behaving different between Fluxes before WoE was the weird-ass public event it is now so it might be a holdover from those days.
    yeah after 25% of the firt mob is done, you better start moveing the battlefield to the start because the other will start wandering around and aggro the ony you are fighting.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

would only recommend flux #4 with geo, vex and attunement + barthundra + barparalyzra make this a cakewalk basicly, tourbillion def down occasionally gets trough and terror from dread, everything else will be resisted including terror from thunderstrikes

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The only thing I've noticed out of all the WoE spamming I've done over the years, is that aside from a mob dying, the "boss" using a TP move will sometimes cause the "thirst for blood" message to summon any of the mobs left in the zone to come to it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Has anyone noticed a pattern to the proc system? I have seen three procs, but filters blocked who completed the proc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    The only thing I've noticed out of all the WoE spamming I've done over the years, is that aside from a mob dying, the "boss" using a TP move will sometimes cause the "thirst for blood" message to summon any of the mobs left in the zone to come to it.
    ... and if you have smart/nice ppl someone will stand in the staircases of fluxes like 10 or 15 and tank incoming adds / sacrifice himself so the others can fight without an addhell. Not so important on peak hours but during off hours it's the difference between a loss or a win.

I'm new to WoE spamming for items and i have been having a very frustrating time. Is there a way to try and "manipulate" your evaluation? It seems that getting full eval. makes liminal pouches to drop instead of gear. The only time I got a gear it was one i entered with 47% of the walk complete and was evaluated with 12sh K of experience instead of the regular 15k. Any rationals behind this?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Nope totally random. Some people say you have better chance at gear with capped eval but doesn't seem to matter at all. I've yet to get any new gear drops on my main but got 2 new items total when I went on a mule instead one night. WoE sucks. Save up gil and buy what you want while you can because crap it gonna be super rare when people get bored of this in a few weeks/months and you can't just go in and solo a walk for a chance at it.

Some of them are already on 0 stock in the AH :/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Prices are already surging on some items; on Sylph, Pixie Hairpin +1 went from 1m to 8m in four days.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

There are some Flux that are easier to clear that others, like Windbuffet+1 #13 is pretty easy while #10 is just hell with a ragtag group because of Doom Mandys and only seem to get clears during weekend.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Which walk drops pixie hairpin +1, and how difficult is it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Flux 4 surge walk. 5 Khim. that like to spam fulmination. It's not really harder than any other surge walk as far as I can tell. Might be able to clear it with a good 6+ people.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

When I went to Woe during the last surge people were spamming the Iron Giant flux only. I really wanted to try for windbuffet but of course I cant solo lol. So i went where the only active people were going. Unfortunately didnt get anything but a bunch of pouches. Think there is one valuable item that drops there but its way less than many other items like windbuffet. Other than the fact you only need to kill 2 mobs to win it and it wasnt entirely hard at all, I have no idea why they were only doin that one. Maybe for the capacity points/exp I dunno.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What kind of cp do you get in there?

Surged runs cap out at 15kexp/3k CP iirc. I forget what the NQ runs cap at.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So not much

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4