• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

why is the front camera always so crappy on iphone =/

If I were a tech whore with globs of finance to spend on a 2 dollar romance, I'd be face-palming so hard at a reveal like this

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Now to decide which site to pre-order it from: apple or verizonwireless. I pre-ordered iPhone 5 from Apple at midnight with no sweat. Anyone have trouble pre-ordering launch day from verizon wireless on previously hyped Apple Products?

I pre-ordered my first iPhone through Verizon last year, was just about as painless as possible.

Website was a little slow at the launch of the pre-orders, but it was better than the Sprint website (which just plain was freezing/not working half the time). Phone arrived on-time on the day it was released, and I had it activated and working with my original phone number within 5 minutes (coming from a T-Mobile plan).

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    I pre-ordered my first iPhone through Verizon last year, was just about as painless as possible.

Website was a little slow at the launch of the pre-orders, but it was better than the Sprint website (which just plain was freezing/not working half the time). Phone arrived on-time on the day it was released, and I had it activated and working with my original phone number within 5 minutes (coming from a T-Mobile plan).
    Is it delivery only or can it be picked-up?

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Apple Watch is pretty cool but it seems like its a generation or two before its something I'd want to buy.
    Also not that good looking yet.

I'd like NFC and the nicer camera for the phone but I'm guessing a lot of functionality will be slow coming to Japan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

While i kinda like the 6 Plus, a 5.5 inch phone is huge. do not want something that big as a phone

BG Level

Cool, I eventually pre-ordered on the Apple Store iPhone app. Everything else was not working for me.

Alarial

Quote Originally Posted by notorious bum View Post
    If I were a tech whore with globs of finance to spend on a 2 dollar romance, I'd be face-palming so hard at a reveal like this

I'm not expecting the iPhone 6 (or any version) to make me shit my pants, and I'm aware of the competitors out there. However, if it was being honest it would point out that:

1. They're leaving out pixel density, luminosity, and ratio in their resolution comparison.
    2. They're leaving out a NFC payment system that will actually be supported by a backbone infrastructure.
    3. Notification actions that are actually fluid and seamlessly work with your running applications/.
    4. Intuitive learning suggestive answers that shift in dialec based on the person you're talking too.
    5. Fingerprint ID.
    6. Better low lighting camera and camera software.
    7. It doesn't feel like a cheap piece of shit.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I always ask, why do phone specs matter so fucking much when it's only a fucking phone? I don't care if i play on a 2.5ghz mobile processor or on an iphone. Every fucking android crashes and locks up even with the fastest processor possible. What difference does it make? Your game? We're not dealing with PCs here where specs do matter.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alarial View Post
    I'm not expecting the iPhone 6 (or any version) to make me shit my pants, and I'm aware of the competitors out there. However, if it was being honest it would point out that:

1. They're leaving out pixel density, luminosity, and ratio in their resolution comparison.
    2. They're leaving out a NFC payment system that will actually be supported by a backbone infrastructure.
    3. Notification actions that are actually fluid and seamlessly work with your running applications/.
    4. Intuitive learning suggestive answers that shift in dialec based on the person you're talking too.
    5. Fingerprint ID.
    #7 ftw. I mean besides the HTC Ones, every android phone feels like garbage

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Attack on Apple (Samsung Note 4 Adverts):

I do love Apple vs Samsung. I insist their lawyers and such, after a day of battle at court, comes out and are all like bros and will go have a drink/meal

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Every fucking android crashes and locks up even with the fastest processor possible.
    My rooted and heavily modded HTC One M8 has never once locked up, and I've never had a lock up on any Android phone that wasn't my fault from modding something I wasn't supposed to.

The pixel density point brought up is stupid, because Apple has already filled well behind in that field.

It's mostly just fun to crack jokes at hardcore Apple fanboys because the phones are behind the curve now in alot of regards, but when technology that's been around for a couple years makes it there way it gets treated like the second coming of Jesus (or Steve Jobs).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I think the point people are making when saying "hay its the same specs as n5" is the cost is dirt cheap. The nexus 5 sells for 350 off contract.

But still who the hell cares anyone who knows anything about tech knows apples cost to make their phones is dirt cheap for what they charge, its the largest mark up for smart phones. Your really paying for the brand and operating system.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They don't need to show any of these really, most recent phones on the market are 1440p while iphone is 1080p. ppi should have been a lot higher on this model.
    Maybe than the nexus in the image from 2012 - Have you held an M8 or used the G3 or M8's cameras?

Every fucking android crashes and locks up even with the fastest processor possible.
    You're delusional.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

You're delusional.
    Where i work, i deal with android issues 95% of the time. Granted a good 80% of those are samsung. But i'd really be a millionaire if i had a dollar for every customer that said "my phone lags/freezes/crashes/i wish i never switched from iphone" sadly my job made it enough for me to make a huge judgment call on what phone i really wanna stick with.

However, i understand that someone like me and the majority of BG know how to handle an android, but i never wanna deal with a phone that can crash more often than any OS at any given moment only to be fixed by a master reset.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    They don't need to show any of these really, most recent phones on the market are 1440p while iphone is 1080p. ppi should have been a lot higher on this model.

Maybe than the nexus in the image from 2012 - Have you held an M8 or used the G3 or M8's cameras?

You're delusional.
    1440p on a 5 inch screen is fucking useless and only serves to drain the battery. You literally have to hold the phone next to your eye to tell the difference.

The thing about those Android or Windows phone that are build specifically with a good camera is that they fall short in all other regards.

The problem isn't the hardware so much now, Android OS is a mess compared to iOS which has next to no crashing or lag unless done intentionally.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Where i work, i deal with android issues 95% of the time. Granted a good 80% of those are samsung. But i'd really be a millionaire if i had a dollar for every customer that said "my phone lags/freezes/crashes/i wish i never switched from iphone" sadly my job made it enough for me to make a huge judgment call on what phone i really wanna stick with.

However, i understand that someone like me and the majority of BG know how to handle an android, but i never wanna deal with a phone that can crash more often than any OS at any given moment only to be fixed by a master reset.
    http://mobile.pcmag.com/?origref=htt...e-than-android

That's a myth or they own shit android phones. Top ones no longer see this problem. My nexus 5 has crashed on me once taking a photo and that is it. And it was an app crash to the home screen and not the phone restarting.

Edit. My old droid(original ) crashed a ton but that was because I had the thing oced like crazy and running an operating system that was never made for it. Even then I could get it fairly stable to a crash a day by turning the clock a little down.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Have HTC One M8, has yet to crash.
    Have iPhone 5 for work and has crashed several times.

Finger print is lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast