Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

S3 S5 G3 and M8 haven't crashed once, yet everyone I know with an iPhone has their shit lock up all the time and
    need to be rebooted.

And 1440p drains the battery? Tell that to the awesome battery life on everyone's g3.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

The never ending battle of both the apple and droid people trying to validate/invalidate purchases.
    Love it.

That being said, bought iPhone 6 Plus 64. Can't wait to lug around my brick

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    And 1440p drains the battery? Tell that to the awesome battery life on everyone's g3.
    To be fair this is because the G3 is a big phone and can fit a larger battery. Not that any phone with a 5 inch or smaller screen should ever come in at 1440,but it would be noticeable there.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

iOS8 is out in about an hour.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Don't bother (yet) lol

Let the less technical smoke out the issues first

All we'll be seeing later is battery issues, call/wifi dropouts, and the shit.

I've already installed the GM (for my ipad) for a few days. No issues here.

BG Level

Downloading now...

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Where i work, i deal with android issues 95% of the time. Granted a good 80% of those are samsung. But i'd really be a millionaire if i had a dollar for every customer that said "my phone lags/freezes/crashes/i wish i never switched from iphone" sadly my job made it enough for me to make a huge judgment call on what phone i really wanna stick with.

However, i understand that someone like me and the majority of BG know how to handle an android, but i never wanna deal with a phone that can crash more often than any OS at any given moment only to be fixed by a master reset.
    I've seen it on both devices. On android it usually usually occurs because people install unstable roms on their rooted devices or leave a ton of apps/games running in the background. Of course there is an action to close all apps but some people forget or don't know about it.

On Apple, I've had friends complain about their devices being slow or locking up where one of my friends had to go to an apple store and they found that the internal cache wasn't deleting properly which was a very rare issue. Also jailbroken phones sometimes lock or freeze due to programs installed from Cydia causing issues.

I think that you hear more about android freezing/lockup issues because android is easier to modify/customize which gives way for more issues to occur if you don't know exactly what you are doing, whereas with apple, you are locked out of the system unless you jailbreak. Looking at the people I know with both phones, rarely any of my friends have their iPhones jailbroken and most of my friends with Android have their phones rooted.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Also that there are a ton more android now vs I phones.

Android is closing in on a billion devices. Apple has sold around 400million going back to 2007.

Assuming that all other things equal you should see over 2x the problems at tech places at least.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    Also that there are a ton more android now vs I phones.

Android is closing in on a billion devices. Apple has sold around 400million going back to 2007.

Assuming that all other things equal you should see over 2x the problems at tech places at least.
    The there is more android vs iPhone is the most bulshit Exemple ever

There's like 20 millions companies doing different type of android vs 1 for iPhone

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    The there is more android vs iPhone is the most bulshit Exemple ever

There's like 20 millions companies doing different type of android vs 1 for iPhone
    Did you read what I was even talking about?

number sold was not a insult at apple holy hell. It was stating that even if both OS systems had equal crashing you would see at least twice as many problems if you fixed phones.

For fuck sakes, reading comprehension.

BG Level

So what keyboards besides Fleksy are out right now?

BG Level

Found Swype. Sold.

BG Level

For those looking at these forums via their phone:

Swype - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swyp...916365675?mt=8

Fleksy - http://fleksy.com/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Question - I have an Iphone 5, bought a 6. Prior to upgrading, do I need to update the 5 to ios8 before performing the backup to restore to the 6?

BG Level

Good question. I know for a fact that an IOS 8 backup won't work on ios7. Not sure about the other way around. I would upgrade to 8 to be safe.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wtf do the shitty iso updates always restore a lot of the settings back to default. So annoying.
    ios8 slows down iphone5 really bad. Emails are terrible, havent tried anything else yet, but just in general feels more sluggish. Glad its only a work phone..

I couldn't update to iOS8 if I wanted to... I've got 1gig of free space and it requires 4.7g free to do the update (even though it's apparently only a gig in size).

I could clear out all of my photos/videos, messages, music, and top 3 apps and still not have enough space. Damn 16g phone.

iPhone 6 comes Friday though, so I guess I'll just restore from the iOS7 backup and hope shit works.

You can upgrade using iTunes if you have a lack of space on your phone.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Wtf do the shitty iso updates always restore a lot of the settings back to default. So annoying.
    ios8 slows down iphone5 really bad. Emails are terrible, havent tried anything else yet, but just in general feels more sluggish. Glad its only a work phone..
    I thought I was the only one, considering I dropped my phone yesterday. It noticeably stutters / lags when going from one app to the next. =/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast