1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Assuming perfect use, manual is always superior to macros. That said, if you don't trust yourself to notice when Bloodletter is back up for use, or you simply need fewer buttons to press on your hotbars, macros can certainly be a boon. The difference is minimal either way you choose, so just do whatever you prefer.
    Bolded for importance. If you think you can be perfect on hitting BL/ME, then go manual, if not, then use a macro.

The two most used macros would be;

3in1 - you either also macro your other skills(wb,vb,ss) with ME/skill/BL or spam HS macro in between SS-WB-VB

/micon "Heavy Shot"
    /ac "Misery's End" <t>
    /ac "Heavy Shot" <t>
    /ac "Bloodletter" <t>

BL/ME - just spam this in between GCD skills.

/micon "Blodletter"
    /ac "Misery's End" <t>
    /ac "Bloodletter" <t>

Old Merits
    BG Level

One thing that makes brd macro mashing far more bearable, AutoHotKey.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

http://puu.sh/bsNBV/d768d2a63c.png

This is me in the Syrcus Tower I just did as an ilvl 96 BRD with an ilvl 95 weapon and a spam macro. If you're doing 260 DPS, either the parser is way wrong, or you're doing something way off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

did you perhaps turn auto attacks off in your battle filters?

when i first started the game i did that cause i wanted to have the battle log showing. i ended up forgetting about it and it always screwed with my act numbers.

Really appreciate the advice here guys.

Interesting you opt for Misery’s End first then Heavy Shot in the macro. Makes sense really, it’ll save TP in some situations and ensure Misery’s End always goes off first – something I really should have thought more about.

Someone made a good comment in regards to always stay facing the mob. When my TP dropped below 100 and +400TP thing was down, I started to carelessly run around the dummy while waiting for TP (he hadn’t said stop so I assumed just keep going). This fact and given I was struggling with TP would have played a large factor.

I agree Auoral Choker would be a fine investment given the cheeky bit of accuracy it has on it. Since I have left my previous static and I’m just clearing t6-8 with PUGs I haven’t felt the need to upgrade my BRD for the content I’m currently participating in. Should I find my ideal group that comfortably clears 6-9 it’ll be round my neck, don’t worry!

Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to parse myself last night. Had a cracking time at TopGolf instead - if anyone is mildly interested in golf or wants to give it a go I highly recommend it. It prompts a word many don’t associate with golf… fun!